Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Carlos Jenkinson
Forest
Childish Logic
SBSP
Jeff
Theo Filippo
Laurencio
El Jefe
12 posters

Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now)

Poll

Torres vs RvP

[ 4 ]
    Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_left14%Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 23 ]
    Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_left82%Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_right [82%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_left4%Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 28
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Empty Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now)

Post by El Jefe Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 am

G'wed

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Empty Re: Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now)

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 am

Robin Van Persie makes me think of Cantona. Torres at his best made me think of a lesser David Villa. So.. Robin.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now) Empty Re: Fernando Torres (Prime) vs Robin van Persie (Now)

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 am

Van Persie.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

Laurencio wrote:Robin Van Persie makes me think of Cantona. Torres at his best made me think of a lesser David Villa. So.. Robin.

Torres at his best > Villa imo
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

Much prefer van Persie's style, and offers more in general I think.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

El Jefe wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Robin Van Persie makes me think of Cantona. Torres at his best made me think of a lesser David Villa. So.. Robin.

Torres at his best > Villa imo

yet statistically Villa was the better of the two.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Van Persie easily.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Almost thought Jeff was Jefe.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

RVP

Torres was amazing but RVP is simply out of this world.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Van Persie scores loads more than Torres did when Torres was at his best.

I think Van Persie probably assists loads more too
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Think Van Persie's better than Cantona anyway tbh, but that's a different story

I'd say Van Persie but I wish it was Torres, he's actually a nice guy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Think Van Persie's better than Cantona anyway tbh, but that's a different story
    As an individual footballer he is definitely, I said before Cantona was just in a time in English football where there wasn't much like him.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm

I feel van Persie has more of the ability to create a goal from a non-dangerous situation so him for me.

When Torres was with us he usually was more of a "apply the finish" striker apart from the odd moments of brilliance.

Also, RVP is a decent set-piece taker which always helps when deciding these types of things.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 pm

This is a no brainer because Torres in his prime was very overrated. Him exploding at Liverpool only helped fuel how overrated he was/is/has always been.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:55 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Think Van Persie's better than Cantona anyway tbh, but that's a different story
    As an individual footballer he is definitely, I said before Cantona was just in a time in English football where there wasn't much like him.

This is very true
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

He probably is. What Cantona brought to us was a I dunno, presence? One that made him greater than he was, he had the swagger, he had the skill to do incredible things, and used it to do so simply, elegantly and with purpose. He's a completely different type of player to Van Persie, but that part of him I truly haven't seen that "cantona" in a single player since the big man himself left.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

He probably is. What Cantona brought to us was a I dunno, presence? One that made him greater than he was, he had the swagger, he had the skill to do incredible things, and used it to do so simply, elegantly and with purpose. He's a completely different type of player to Van Persie, but that part of him I truly haven't seen that "cantona" in a single player since the big man himself left.
    Ibrahimovic? Berbatov?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Ibrahimovic? Berbatov?

Ibra never played for us and Berbatov was nowhere near that for us.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 am

Bad timing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 am

Laurencio wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Ibrahimovic? Berbatov?

Ibra never played for us and Berbatov was nowhere near that for us.
    Was talking in general, didn't know you meant just United which in that case there won't be a player like him at your club.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:38 am

Van Persie, as good a finisher and offers more than just poaching. The only extra thing Torres offered was that explosive pace.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 am

van Persie, sadly. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:30 pm