Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Jamie
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mario
El Jefe
dena
Sean
blackskar
Kuled
menalawyerguy
13 posters

La Liga: Great football, terrible drama

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

La Liga: Great football, terrible drama Empty La Liga: Great football, terrible drama

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm

With Real Madrid's loss to Osasuna last night, even Jose Mourinho agrees that that's pretty much it. End of January and the title is almost certainly already decided, thereby making this year's La Liga campaign almost entirely anti-climatic. The climax may have been the first installment of El Clasico, a 5-0 rout in November. Pretty lame. It would now take an epic collapse in form from Barcelona to inject any anticipation in the rest of the season.

There's even a lack of drama playing out in the remaining races for spots in Europe. Real Madrid appears to have runner-up cemented. Villareal and Valencia appear to be pretty safe for the remaining two Champions League spots. Espanyol and Athletico Bilbao are in pretty good shape for Europa. The only drama in La Liga pertains to the relegation zone.
    Perhaps the only thing to really look forward to is the goal scorer derby between Ronaldo and Messi. Who's going to lead the league in goals? Other than that, La Liga has pretty much peaked already.
    Kuled

La Liga: Great football, terrible drama Empty Re: La Liga: Great football, terrible drama

Post by Kuled Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 am

I agree.
    Anonymous

La Liga: Great football, terrible drama Empty Re: La Liga: Great football, terrible drama

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:08 am

Rubbish league.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:10 am

1 team league. :troll2:
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 am

Good point I saw today, if Barca were in the PL it'd probably be a one horse race and all
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 am

Sean CFC wrote:Good point I saw today, if Barca were in the PL it'd probably be a one horse race and all
    Yeah but how would Messi do on a cold rainy night up at Stoke? Not too well.

:troll2:
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 am

I thought yesterday was hell dramatic. Oh wells.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 am

Premier League not worthy
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:21 am

Pathetic thread, don't write us off, remember the "Capello comeback"
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 am

Leagues not quite over yet, one more slip up and it definitely will be, but its not impossible for something like iniesta or xavi or messi getting injured to happen and they could still drop a few points against Athletico/Villareal/Valencia/Espanyol and lose to Madrid. Also Espanyol aand Athletic Bilbao can qualify for the Champions League, theres only a 5 point gap between Bilbao and Valencia =/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 am

Shit league.

Arsenal should sign Benzema. shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:35 am

dena wrote:I thought yesterday was hell dramatic. Oh wells.

Same. Guess it doesn't compete with lumping it up to the front man. Get stuck in good and proper son, four four fucking two.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 am

Jamie wrote:
    dena wrote:I thought yesterday was hell dramatic. Oh wells.

Same. Guess it doesn't compete with lumping it up to the front man. Get stuck in good and proper son, four four fucking two.

Passssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 am

Knew you'd reply, follow me round like a bad smell these days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 am

Btw, I do think it lacks a bit of drama, to me the league is already over.

But that's just because Barcelona are the best team in the world.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 am

United are 5 points ahead, Barca are 7. Not exactly a massive difference.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 am

Jamie wrote:United are 5 points ahead, Barca are 7. Not exactly a massive difference.
    But we're shite, we'll drop loads of points.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 am

Its as if every team has given up. Real Madrid still has some fight left in them but they may as well just crown Barca as champions this season already.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 am

Jamie wrote:Knew you'd reply, follow me round like a bad smell these days.

Laughing I was reading it anyway and you just happened to post that pretty much asking me to reply. No idea what lumping it up to the striker and 4-4-2 have to do with the thread.

You're the one who follows me getting mad at what I say anyway so I have nothing to be ashamed of pig
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:54 am

JMB_94 wrote:Its as if every team has given up. Real Madrid still has some fight left in them but they may as well just crown Barca as champions this season already.

Who has given up? For real.

I personally think there's been plenty of drama, it's always relative of course but seeing Real Madrid struggle through with their unfamiliar squad and Jose at the helm chasing a virtually flawless Barcelona has been dramatic, it's almost like they have to win every game, the pressure and tension to their games is immense, and everyone wants to beat them because of the name. People want 5 horse races in every league but that's a dream.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 am

Jamie wrote:United are 5 points ahead, Barca are 7. Not exactly a massive difference.

But Barca have dropped 4 points all season, 3 in the first game. Man Utd have already dropped 18.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 am

Ben wrote:

But Barca have dropped 4 points all season, 3 in the first game. Man Utd have already dropped 18.

So the English League is better because the leading team is worse? Riiiiiiiiiiight.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:00 am

dena wrote:People want 5 horse races in every league but that's a dream.

In La Liga it's a dream silent

Ok so in the Premier League even a 4 horse race is pushing it but in the Bundesliga anyone could win it....it's not that set in stone in Serie A either.

Jamie wrote:So the English League is better because the leading team is worse? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Most dramatic = best 1st placed team?

Man Utd dropping points means the league is tighter.....so it's more entertainment and more dramatic.

Predictability isn't dramatic or entertaining at all.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 am

Jamie wrote:
    Ben wrote:

So the English League is better because the leading team is worse? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Where did I say that? I was simply responding to your post at Kyro.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 am

Jamie wrote:
    Ben wrote:

It means the league is a lot more competitive, and that adds lots of drama, which is what this thread is all about is it not?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 am

ayvee1 wrote:It means the league is a lot more competitive, and that adds lots of drama, which is what this thread is all about is it not?

nah it's about bumming Barcelona

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 am

ayvee1 wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Ben wrote:

It means the league is a lot more competitive, and that adds lots of drama, which is what this thread is all about is it not?

Different views of drama then.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    dena wrote:People want 5 horse races in every league but that's a dream.

In La Liga it's a dream silent

Ok so in the Premier League even a 4 horse race is pushing it but in the Bundesliga anyone could win it....it's not that set in stone in Serie A either.

Jamie wrote:So the English League is better because the leading team is worse? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Most dramatic = best 1st placed team?

Man Utd dropping points means the league is tighter.....so it's more entertainment and more dramatic.

Predictability isn't dramatic or entertaining at all.

Dortmund has run away with the Bundesliga, Serie A is genuinely up in the air... but only after 5 or so years of Inter domination.

As for the second point, which isn't addressed to me but I'll answer anyway, I'd say when determining "drama" the points between the two teams at the top and points dropped overall are about equal, the both signal a tight race.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:10 am

dena wrote:Dortmund has run away with the Bundesliga, Serie A is genuinely up in the air... but only after 5 or so years of Inter domination.

I know Dortmund have run away with it....but who would've thought it? In past seasons it's been really close and teams you'd never expect to be up there have been challenging. Inter dominated but it's a lot more open now.....will probably be like that for a decent amount of time. The thing with La Liga is that it's way more consistently a 2 team league then anywhere else.....this season it might even be a 1 horse race.....would say the 2nd El Classico could decide that. If Mourinho lost his home record then it'd sum up how much Barcelona dominate the league.

I always hoped Madrid would challenge but whilst their signings have been good they've not been good enough (or more precisely too inexperienced).....or generally there's something missing that has them trailing Barcelona.

dena wrote:
    As for the second point, which isn't addressed to me but I'll answer anyway, I'd say when determining "drama" the points between the two teams at the top and points dropped overall are about equal, the both signal a tight race.

Points, stats etc aside I'd definitely say the Premier League is more open then La Liga. 3 or 4 teams could still win the Premier League....and Barcelona could falter but it seems very unlikely.

Chelsea were cruising and slipped so badly.....that's how unpredictable the Premier League has been this season. Liverpool could even push for the top 4....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 am

Jamie wrote:
    Ben wrote:

No, it's just less dramatic. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 am