Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Theo Filippo
mac
Scuba Steve
Dean
Royal
Trig
dena
Zzonked
Walcott
North_Sea_Tiger
Scouser_Dave
15 posters

Where to buy football shirts from?

Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where to buy football shirts from?

Post by Trig Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 am

Ebay
    Royal
    Royal

Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where to buy football shirts from?

Post by Royal Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 am

Sports Direct have the Japan away and Slovenia home shirts in medium.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-japan-away-shirt-2010-2011-371234

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-slovenia-home-shirt-2010-2012-371306
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 am

Yeah, I really want the Slovenia away and Japan home. Laughing
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 am

Laughing
    I have a mate who has Slovenia away, think he got it from Sports Direct though. I think Japan away looks sexier anyway. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 am

Found a site to get the Slovenia away with Koren on. £60 though. Don't mind but if I can get cheaper then I will.

Might ring sportsdirect up tomorrow and see if they have it, if not see if they can sort it for me. No reason why they can't order one in if someone pre orders it.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 am

Royal wrote:Laughing
    I have a mate who has Slovenia away, think he got it from Sports Direct though. I think Japan away looks sexier anyway. Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 279869

Alright mate, did you get my PM about the name change?
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 am

Dean wrote:
    I have a mate who has Slovenia away, think he got it from Sports Direct though. I think Japan away looks sexier anyway. Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 279869

No. shifty
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:11 am

Royal wrote:
    Dean wrote:

No. Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 279869

Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 279869
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 pm

i would kill for a Faroe Islands home jersey tbh

and i like the Slovenian home jersey better
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Why would you want another country's top? Might as well by a Manchester United one while you're at it.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Why would you want another country's top? Might as well by a Manchester United one while you're at it.

Some countries have great looking kits. I have a Villa Spain away kit w and Italy (gonna get De Rossi on it) home kit other than my US home kit. I've see guys at my university wear Portugal, Japan, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Sweden even though we all support the US national team.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Walcott wrote:Theres a shop at a mall near me that sells football shirts only.. Havnt a clue what it's called but it's at Bluewater.
    from hull to south east london Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Why would you want another country's top? Might as well by a Manchester United one while you're at it.

Well the Slovenian one is cos I want Koren on the back. I've changed my mind about the other, just gonna get the Slovenian one.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am

That's a ridiculous concept. I would never get a Montenegrin top with Boskovic on the back just because he plays for United.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:17 am

End of the day, it's just a shirt, steve.

I think International football is different from domestic, too. In the past I've bought other nations shirts and other foreign teams shirts, just because I like the look of them or I like the player. I wouldn't get a different English team because they would regularly be in direct competition with my team.

If you're a hardcore England fan, it's probably different though.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 am

I guess I just don't understand how someone who is wholly opposed to supporting any club outside of a five mile radius of your home can openly supporter purchasing a top of another country. Especially one, that is in direct competition with your own country. Just doesn't add up to me.

As a whole, I'm not totally opposed to having a top from another country. I own one German one -- although my connection is much more than the fact that a player on my club team also plays for that country.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 am

Scuba Steve wrote:I guess I just don't understand how someone who is wholly opposed to supporting any club outside of a five mile radius of your home can openly supporter purchasing a top of another country. Especially one, that is in direct competition with your own country. Just doesn't add up to me.

As a whole, I'm not totally opposed to having a top from another country. I own one German one -- although my connection is much more than the fact that a player on my club team also plays for that country.
    Lots of people wear different team shirts near my area, International especially but also Real Madrid, Barcalona and AC Milan seem to be quite big, Personally I would never buy a different club shirt but International is different, I have a Brazil shirt, used to wear it often aswell
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 am

I don't see how that is any different.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am

I'm not into International football so much, sure i'd like them to do well but if we won anything I wouldn't celebrate anywhere near as much as I would if Hull won anything.

I'm not going to support England when there is dirty Leeds and a bunch of glory hunters supporting them too.

I wouldn't go to war for my country either, i'd kill myself I was forced to. No chance am I going to protect people I hate. Where to buy football shirts from? - Page 2 28973
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:46 am

I'm not sure how this doesn't also apply to your stance on people supporting different clubs.

How is that any different?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:04 am

Glory hunting isn't about who you don't support, it is about who you do support. Not hard to understand. If someone from Manchester supported Southend, they wouldn't be a glory hunter... they'd most likely be a plastic though.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:08 am

You've always made it about who you don't support. Don't deny that.

You have double standards here. You've just adjusted your argument to protect your own actions against the actions of others.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 am

No, it is always about who people DO support. Of course that is linked to who people dont support though.

Proof of this is how I didn't say anything to the guy from USA who supported Fulham on the old forums. Also the ones on here who support teams like Blackburn.

I am not buying a Slovenia shirt in support of Slovenia, i've not even claimed to support their country. I'm buying it simply because a Slovenian plays for my team. I could understand your glory hunter argument if I was buying a Spain or Brazil shirt.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:19 am

Buying a Slovenia shirt because a player on your team plays for them makes no sense. Your connection isn't with the country -- it's with the player himself, because he is playing at your club.

Otherwise, you would have purchased a Slovenia top with Koren on the back when he was still at West Brom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:24 am

It does make sense. scratch

I would like you to tell the Slovenian lad that has come to watch Hull 4 times this season just to see Koren that it is pointless and doesn't make sense though.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:25 am

You're Slovenian? I'm not sure I'm making the connection here. You are comparing yourself to a Slovenian supporter of Koren?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 am

What you said was

I shouldn't buy a Slovenian shirt because i'm only buying it because Koren plays for my club and not because I have a connection with Slovenia.

But

There is a Slovenian fan who comes to watch Hull City purely to see Koren. Are you going to tell him that he is wrong to because his connection is with the player and not the club?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 am

Are you saying that he was showing up to games before Koren arrived? And that's not the same. Even if he had started to support Hull City (whether he does or not, I do not know), the likeness to your situation would be if he suddenly bought an England top with Bullard on the back, or a USA top with Guzan on the back.

That would look mighty weird back in Slovenia..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 am

Either way, what you are trying to say doesn't have anything in common with what i'm doing.

If I told you I bought the shirt because I liked how it looked... Would that make it fine? Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:38 am

Got a croatia top with Jelavic on the back. It's well nice tbh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:26 am