Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Keanoo
Simonc89
Uncle John from Jamaica
luke.
Bushido
Dave_DCFC
Kuled
easley91
12 posters

CRAWLEY TOWN 2-1 DERBY COUNTY

luke.
    luke.

CRAWLEY TOWN 2-1 DERBY COUNTY - Page 3 Empty Re: CRAWLEY TOWN 2-1 DERBY COUNTY

Post by luke. Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 am

Well it's not exactly easy to fly over every weekend etc..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 am

Shouldn't glory hunt then. Support your locals seeing as you've been there since you was 4 so really Northern Ireland is your home.

Also, people who go to odd games aren't supporters.

If I went to the odd dance class would it make me a dancer?

No. CRAWLEY TOWN 2-1 DERBY COUNTY - Page 3 12784 Night all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

Can't believe people are actually arguing with James. Laughing
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am

There's another reason, living in another country. So I'm plastic because I can't get to every game every week? I'm sorry for having other stuff than football on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm sorry I can't get to a game every fucking week. My mates don't exactly like football, so a lads day isn't possible. Whats really getting to me is you saying I'm plastic just because I can't go to every fucking game. I simply don't have the money. I'm paying train fair everyday to go to college in Brighton, plus I don't have a job and believe me I've tried everywhere. Just accept the fact that there are people who support teams and can't go to every game. There are plastic fans out there, but I'm afraid you've accused the wrong person of being one.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am

You don't have to go to every game to be a supporter. Just because I don't go to a match doesn't mean I'll feel any different if we win, lose or draw.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Doesn't matter how you feel. Fact is you can't support the team from your armchair.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 pm

You're not a supporter unless you jump onto the pitch naked and run up and take a PK.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

luke. wrote:You don't have to go to every game to be a supporter. Just because I don't go to a match doesn't mean I'll feel any different if we win, lose or draw.
    I disagree with that. When trailing home after a loss you are much more gutted than if you just check the scores on tv before you go out. Similarly, if you get a late win like we did against palace the feeling is amazing and you buZz for the rest of the weekend. If I'd watched the scores come in on tv I would have been happy but it wouldn't have been on the same level that I felt being at the game. After spurring the lads on for 80 odd minutes to win it and losing your voice, it is an amazing feeling when they do it. And the opposite is true for defeat.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 pm

yarnbury11 wrote:
    luke. wrote:You don't have to go to every game to be a supporter. Just because I don't go to a match doesn't mean I'll feel any different if we win, lose or draw.
    I disagree with that. When trailing home after a loss you are much more gutted than if you just check the scores on tv before you go out. Similarly, if you get a late win like we did against palace the feeling is amazing and you buZz for the rest of the weekend. If I'd watched the scores come in on tv I would have been happy but it wouldn't have been on the same level that I felt being at the game. After spurring the lads on for 80 odd minutes to win it and losing your voice, it is an amazing feeling when they do it. And the opposite is true for defeat.

I've only missed 1 or 2 chelsea games this season. By that I mean watched the full 90 mins.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

But watching it on a pc doesn't compare as you would know if you really have been to a game.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Still doesn't mean you aren't as much of a supporter as someone else.. you don't know how I feel after we win or lose.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

But it isn't just about how you feel. Supporting the team is actually doing things to contribute to the team. As managers say, the fans are the club, that is theones that are actually there. Would be a bit of a demotivation if a team went out to an empty stadium all the time eh?
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 am

James ♠ wrote:Would be a bit of a demotivation if a team went out to an empty stadium all the time eh?

A lot of teams do. I'm sure whenever i've been to/seen Coventry play on tv, the grounds been about 30% full. Just using them as an example, no disrespect to the ones who do go. Could be to do with people building stadiums that are far bigger than needed.
    Dave_DCFC
    Dave_DCFC

Post by Dave_DCFC Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:00 am

Watching on TV or PC doesn't compare to being at the ground
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:05 am

Simonc89 wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:Would be a bit of a demotivation if a team went out to an empty stadium all the time eh?

A lot of teams do. I'm sure whenever i've been to/seen Coventry play on tv, the grounds been about 30% full. Just using them as an example, no disrespect to the ones who do go. Could be to do with people building stadiums that are far bigger than needed.

These stadiums would be filled if people supported local teams rather than the best teams.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 am

You're not a true supporter unless your name is James, you're from Hull and you go to most Hull City home games. Everybody else is a glory-hunting, bandwagon-hopping charlatan.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 am

Watching games on TV is all but pointless IMO.

I didn't get tickets for Man U last season but saw them win on TV and it didn't feel half as good as when I went Arsenal on Saturday and saw them draw... Even beating most teams this season felt better than watching us beat Man U last season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:12 am