Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Steadman
Mason
badham21
Jeff
Potato-7
Cadbury
Grenade
Mal
menalawyerguy
Drake
El Jefe
LeBron
Marvin
coolhead33
Lux
Hitchy
Carlos Jenkinson
Mario
blackskar
Jamie
masutora
Danny
SBSP
Jim.
Kuled
fergiesrednose
chiboygeorge
Mouse
dena
Sean
Barton
luke.
36 posters

Worlds best Left back

Poll

Worlds best Left back

[ 30 ]
    Worlds best Left back - Page 8 Bar_left58%Worlds best Left back - Page 8 Bar_right [58%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Worlds best Left back - Page 8 Bar_left42%Worlds best Left back - Page 8 Bar_right [42%] 

Total Votes: 52
    Danny
    Danny

Worlds best Left back - Page 8 Empty Re: Worlds best Left back

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 am

Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:No bias included I doubt that there's any LB that's better at going forward than Marcelo, and when it comes to RB then Dani Alves is the best at doing that, you can't beat these little brazilians at such things.
    Aye but when it comes to a defenders primary job- defending... Neutral

Ahhhhhh not this shit again. A modern fullbacks role isn't primarily defending. Another typically English view which is outdated.
    I'm sorry, but a full back has got to be able to defend. Cole and Evra are the 2 best left backs in the world. Why? Absolutely brilliant defensively, and very good (brilliant in Cole's case) at going foward Neutral
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 am

Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:Half a season = form.

Cole's been doing it for at least a decade. Marcelo has to prove himself more.

Otherwise Bale would be one of the best players in the world and Torres and Rooney one of the worst at the top - if we go by recent form.

No reply Georgieboy?
    My bad Dan, I didn't see it.

But people already claim Bale to be the best to be honest, and T/R can't be worst as no matter how bad they are they are still class. But what I was trying to say is I see something in Marcelo that just makes me think he's better than Cole, Cole is experienced and good but I just maybe prematurely hyping up Marcelo but I like his style over Cole if you know what I mean..

I think I get what you're saying now. Marcelo probably will end up being better than Cole if he carries on this form, but for me, he can't claim the 'best in the world' status until he's consistently shown it. And that takes a few seasons.

I mean, Ngog could score 60 goals from now until the end of the season. But he won't be the best in the world unless he's consistently at that level. You get what I'm trying to say?
    Yeah I understand, it's just stupid luke that just won't be still and try to negotiate an argument or understand others opinions.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 am

Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:No bias included I doubt that there's any LB that's better at going forward than Marcelo, and when it comes to RB then Dani Alves is the best at doing that, you can't beat these little brazilians at such things.

Ahhhhhh not this shit again. A modern fullbacks role isn't primarily defending. Another typically English view which is outdated.

Polska said it first a while back actually Wink
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 am

Danny wrote:

Well to be honest, they're "wing-backs", and Marcelo has improved defensively
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    blackskar wrote:Fuck sake. I swear I read you'd pissed off Egzon, made my day reading it and everything Neutral

No comment, you're the Arsenal fan that thought Chamakh was world class

Fail. No I'm not Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:

He's still not as good as Cole or Evra defensively.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:52 am

we must close this topic before eggson coming online or else his head will explosion
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:52 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:Half a season = form.

Cole's been doing it for at least a decade. Marcelo has to prove himself more.

Otherwise Bale would be one of the best players in the world and Torres and Rooney one of the worst at the top - if we go by recent form.

No reply Georgieboy?
    My bad Dan, I didn't see it.

But people already claim Bale to be the best to be honest, and T/R can't be worst as no matter how bad they are they are still class. But what I was trying to say is I see something in Marcelo that just makes me think he's better than Cole, Cole is experienced and good but I just maybe prematurely hyping up Marcelo but I like his style over Cole if you know what I mean..

I think I get what you're saying now. Marcelo probably will end up being better than Cole if he carries on this form, but for me, he can't claim the 'best in the world' status until he's consistently shown it. And that takes a few seasons.

I mean, Ngog could score 60 goals from now until the end of the season. But he won't be the best in the world unless he's consistently at that level. You get what I'm trying to say?
    Yeah I understand, it's just stupid luke that just won't be still and try to negotiate an argument or understand others opinions.

I understand you're opinions and negotiated an argument, most of which you didn't reply too.

If I think you're opinion is wrong, I'll argue it, my opinion is correct in my mind, same with you with your own opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 am

dam ur online already!!!! want to play rs man?
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 am

Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:

I never said that, so what is your point?
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 am

Mauro fuck you Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:

In my opinion, a full back (of any kind, wing-back or whatever) has got to be able to defend- for me that's their primary job. If they can't defend well, they're not doing their job properly imo.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 am

Why did you think I thought Chamakh was world class?

Don't think I've seen any Arsenal fan try to claim that Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:Aye but when it comes to a defenders primary job- defending... Neutral

In my opinion, a full back (of any kind, wing-back or whatever) has got to be able to defend- for me that's their primary job. If they can't defend well, they're not doing their job properly imo.

Isn't one of the main functions of a holding midfielder(which most top teams play) to cover for the fullbacks to allow them some slack?
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

You might want to go learn the difference between a full-back and a wing-back Danny, players like Marcelo, Dani Alves etc are doing their job correctly, it's just some of you that do not understand their role.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

luke. wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:

I did indeed say that when deciding which LB I would prefer, I would take Evra due to his defensive game.

I however did not say that a modern fullbacks role is more important to defend. Modern game has seen many successful teams of recent using wingbacks.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am

Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:

Isn't one of the main functions of a holding midfielder(which most top teams play) to cover for the fullbacks to allow them some slack?
    Yeah, but how often do they drop in and cover for the full back? When the team is attacking and they've been hit on the break. If they haven't and they're defending, what good are they are if they can't?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 am

Danny wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:He's still not as good as Cole or Evra defensively.

Yeah, but how often do they drop in and cover for the full back? When the team is attacking and they've been hit on the break. If they haven't and they're defending, what good are they are if they can't?

Holding Midfielder goes to CB and CB goes to wing.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:

I did indeed say that when deciding which LB I would prefer, I would take Evra due to his defensive game.

I however did not say that a modern fullbacks role is more important to defend. Modern game has seen many successful teams of recent using wingbacks.

You said a fullbacks role was to defend.

And yeah, usually the Def Mid will slot back and cover for the wingback. Like Mikel does for Ashley Cole.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:00 am

Danny wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Danny wrote:He's still not as good as Cole or Evra defensively.

Depends how good the defensive midfielder is. Mascherano is a machine, he'll have the full backs covered no problem. The trick is not to leave the fullback exposed 1 on 1, that way you can have your cake and eat it - you have a defensively solid side of the pitch while benefitting from the attacking threat the defender adds to the team.

It's all about how the team is set up, which is why I don't see a defensively lacking fullback as big a liability as most seem to, I'd prefer someone like Alves who isn't as solid defensively as Sagna(for example) but is much better going forward.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 am

luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:Aye but when it comes to a defenders primary job- defending... Neutral

And yeah, usually the Def Mid will slot back and cover for the wingback. Like Mikel does for Ashley Cole.
    I said in deciding which of the two full backs I would prefer, I'd take Evra due to him being better at defending.

Obviously a fullbacks role is to primarily defend, and go forward at times. That is why they are different from Wingbacks. Laughing

Also, Chelsea is unique with Mikel and Cole. Most teams I see, particularly Arsenal and La Liga teams, have their holding midfielder (in Arsenal's case Song) drop back to a central position while Squillaci/Koscielny goes to the fullback.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 am

John O'Shea is the best left back in the world by far, Gay Neville the best RB.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

For me, look at someone like Rafael. He's brilliant going forward, theres no doubt about that. But find a fault in his game? Defending, it isn't great, he's caught out far too much, and makes rash tackles quite a lot, but it has got better, and consistently will. Ask most United fans, and we say he's going to be arguably the best right (wing) back in the world. Why isn't he now? His defending isn't good enough yet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 am

As a Full Back myself, my expertise exceeds most of yours, and I can clearly state that Ashley Cole is the better Left Back, although Evra is a class player aswell.

Debate fucking closed. Goodnight.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

I said in deciding which of the two full backs I would prefer, I'd take Evra due to him being better at defending.

Obviously a fullbacks role is to primarily defend, and go forward at times. That is why they are different from Wingbacks. Laughing

Also, Chelsea is unique with Mikel and Cole. Most teams I see, particularly Arsenal and La Liga teams, have their holding midfielder (in Arsenal's case Song) drop back to a central position while Squillaci/Koscielny goes to the fullback.

That's because Terry+Alex/Ivanovic = sex.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 am

Danny wrote:For me, look at someone like Rafael. He's brilliant going forward, theres no doubt about that. But find a fault in his game? Defending, it isn't great, he's caught out far too much, and makes rash tackles quite a lot, but it has got better, and consistently will. Ask most United fans, and we say he's going to be arguably the best right (wing) back in the world. Why isn't he now? His defending isn't good enough yet.

That's pretty poor logic though. That's like me saying Martin Kelly is going to be the best right (wing) back in the world but he isn't now because his attacking isn't good enough.

(He's not going to be, that's just an example of a defensively solid full back)
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 am

Danny wrote:For me, look at someone like Rafael. He's brilliant going forward, theres no doubt about that. But find a fault in his game? Defending, it isn't great, he's caught out far too much, and makes rash tackles quite a lot, but it has got better, and consistently will. Ask most United fans, and we say he's going to be arguably the best right (wing) back in the world. Why isn't he now? His defending isn't good enough yet.

Shit example.....why you ask?

Dani Alves.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 am

Jamie wrote:

That's pretty poor logic though. That's like me saying Martin Kelly is going to be the best right (wing) back in the world but he isn't now because his attacking isn't good enough.

How's it poor logic? What has any type of full back got to be able to do? Defend and attack. Rafael's attacking game is fantastic, and his defensive game is improving all the time Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 am

Danny wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

How's it poor logic? What has any type of full back got to be able to do? Defend and attack. Rafael's attacking game is fantastic, and his defensive game is improving all the time Neutral

I'm saying that you can't use that example as proof that defending is the most important part to a fullback. Which was what you were trying to do, right?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 am

Yeah, because I think it is. Why are Cole and Evra the best left backs? Because they can defend and attack. Why isn't someone like Rafael considered near the best right back? His defensive side is average at best Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:35 am