Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Steadman
Mason
badham21
Jeff
Potato-7
Cadbury
Grenade
Mal
menalawyerguy
Drake
El Jefe
LeBron
Marvin
coolhead33
Lux
Hitchy
Carlos Jenkinson
Mario
blackskar
Jamie
masutora
Danny
SBSP
Jim.
Kuled
fergiesrednose
chiboygeorge
Mouse
dena
Sean
Barton
luke.
36 posters

Worlds best Left back

Poll

Worlds best Left back

[ 30 ]
    Worlds best Left back - Page 6 Bar_left58%Worlds best Left back - Page 6 Bar_right [58%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Worlds best Left back - Page 6 Bar_left42%Worlds best Left back - Page 6 Bar_right [42%] 

Total Votes: 52
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Worlds best Left back - Page 6 Empty Re: Worlds best Left back

Post by masutora Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am

Criscito is even better
    Same with Michel Bastos
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Sean CFC wrote:Polska, if you actually watched any Chelsea-United match you'd see that Ronaldo was not expected to track back, I don't think he tracked back once in his career. You're just spouting bullshit now.

Great, more people more intelligent then me. Rolling Eyes

Fixed.

If any of you were actually more intelligent then me, than i'd probably jump off the cliff my house is standing on.

Better get fucking jumping then, 'cos I'm here now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am

i cannot even remeber ronaldo defending even when man u did full press on opposing team
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 am

chiboygeorge wrote:@luke - where was Cole in the World Cup? there were atleast 6 other left backs that completely showed Cole how it's done during the WC.

Wait, so England's dire performance makes Cole a bad LB? Where was Marcelo at the World Cup? OH WAIT HE WASN'T THERE.

How is Marcelo better then Ashley Cole in half a season then Cole when Cole has been playing for 10+ years?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 am

mauro wrote:i cannot even remeber ronaldo defending even when man u did full press on opposing team
    Yeah, but that is because especially in big games, Ronaldo would often play the lone front man, moving Rooney to the left wing.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 am

Ronaldo does drop back a bit and it's rare just he's not good at it..I remeber in one La Liga game he tried to defend and he actually got owned..I can't remeber what team it was against.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 am

chiboygeorge wrote:Ronaldo does drop back a bit and it's rare just he's not good at it..I remeber in one La Liga game he tried to defend and he actually got owned..I can't remeber what team it was against.
    But we're saying that he didn't drop back at United... Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt-zySZjhr4

Coffee
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 am

luke. wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:@luke - where was Cole in the World Cup? there were atleast 6 other left backs that completely showed Cole how it's done during the WC.

Wait, so England's dire performance makes Cole a bad LB? Where was Marcelo at the World Cup? OH WAIT HE WASN'T THERE.

How is Marcelo better then Ashley Cole in half a season then Cole when Cole has been playing for 10+ years?
    Umm...Cole didn't even help his terrible team in the World Cup, he didn't stand out as a player you can say he was very good. I said there were LB in the World Cup that was much better than Cole..simples.

And as for Marcelo//quit hating? if it took him half a season to overtake Cole then so be it. But I do think Marcelo is better overall, just as many of you choose Cole over Evra am now taking Marcelo because he's got great attacking skills that Cole can only dream of.

Also just because he didn't go to the WC doesn't mean he's not good, there are many players that didn't make WC teams that are still amazing players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 am

luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Sean CFC wrote:Polska, if you actually watched any Chelsea-United match you'd see that Ronaldo was not expected to track back, I don't think he tracked back once in his career. You're just spouting bullshit now.

Fixed.

If any of you were actually more intelligent then me, than i'd probably jump off the cliff my house is standing on.

You actually are a massive cunt then. There are many more intelligent people then you here, you base peoples intelligence on footballing matters too then?

That's an intelligent move right there. NOT.

Their grasp on tactical knowledge is a good way to tell how intelligent people are, atleast at their thought processing intelligence.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:21 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Umm...Cole didn't even help his terrible team in the World Cup, he didn't stand out as a player you can say he was very good. I said there were LB in the World Cup that was much better than Cole..simples.
    Cole was our best player at the World Cup. Think about though, he's a left back, his decent performances aren't gonna inspire the team to play well. And how do you expect him to play brilliantly if the other 10 are playing like shite? Neutral
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    luke. wrote:

And as for Marcelo//quit hating? if it took him half a season to overtake Cole then so be it. But I do think Marcelo is better overall, just as many of you choose Cole over Evra am now taking Marcelo because he's got great attacking skills that Cole can only dream of.

Also just because he didn't go to the WC doesn't mean he's not good, there are many players that didn't make WC teams that are still amazing players.

Cole didn't help England at the World Cup? He didn't stand out? Yeahhhh.. right, sure.. He was by far Englands best player, if that isn't standing out nothing is. It doesn't take half a season to make you a better player, that is form, and even then it's debatable.

Marcelo great attacking skills Cole can only dream of? Oh God, don't make me laugh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am

Half a season = form.

Cole's been doing it for at least a decade. Marcelo has to prove himself more.

Otherwise Bale would be one of the best players in the world and Torres and Rooney one of the worst at the top - if we go by recent form.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Fixed.

You actually are a massive cunt then. There are many more intelligent people then you here, you base peoples intelligence on footballing matters too then?

Their grasp on tactical knowledge is a good way to tell how intelligent people are, atleast at their thought processing intelligence.

Answer my post then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am

Dan wrote:Half a season = form.

Cole's been doing it for at least a decade. Marcelo has to prove himself more.

Otherwise Bale would be one of the best players in the world and Torres and Rooney one of the worst at the top - if we go by recent form.
    Torres and Rooney both scored on Saturday, best players in the world.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Fixed.

Not really.

As you seem to spread this crap, everyone reads things differently and thinks differently, you can't read peoples minds Polska, especially not based on football tactics.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 am

Evra.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 am

Danny wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Cole was our best player at the World Cup. Think about though, he's a left back, his decent performances aren't gonna inspire the team to play well. And how do you expect him to play brilliantly if the other 10 are playing like shite? Neutral

I get it that he was you best player but his performances weren't good enough to say he did ok.

@luke - only a very very ignorant person would think Cole's skills are up to Marcelo. That's a disgrace statement.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 am

Tbh Polska, all you talk about in situations like these is tactics anyway. That makes you more intelligent than anyone else? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 am

For someone who talks about tactics polska, you've got a real poor grasp of them.

Why, in their right mind, would Man United use their best attacking threat to nullify a left-back?

Last edited by Dan on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:

I get it that he was you best player but his performances weren't good enough to say he did ok.

@luke - only a very very ignorant person would think Cole's skills are up to Marcelo. That's a disgrace statement.
    Marcelo can have all the skills in the world mate, that doesn't mean he's better overall going foward than Cole Neutral
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:

You're calling me ignorant now? Look at yourself mate.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 am

Christ this thread has really shown some people up Neutral

Anyways I chose Cole. Even with my IMMENSE hatred of the twat, even I can concede he is the best LB in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 am

chiboygeorge wrote:@luke - only a very very ignorant person would think Cole's skills are up to Marcelo. That's a disgrace statement.
    From the same person that said Marcelo is better than Cole.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 am

kyro7 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:@luke - only a very very ignorant person would think Cole's skills are up to Marcelo. That's a disgrace statement.

He is right though(not about Marcelo > Cole, although he probably will be at some stage in his career). Ashley Cole will never be as talented in an attacking sense than Marcelo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 am

Jamie wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

He is right though(not about Marcelo > Cole, although he probably will be at some stage in his career). Ashley Cole will never be as talented in an attacking sense than Marcelo.
    I don't care about that, he said Marcelo is better than Ashley Cole. Laughing Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 am

Skillful =/= talented in attack.

Even then it's still debatable.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 am

I'd much rather have the player with better defensive skills, then one that can do loads of fancy skills up the pitch.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 am

luke. wrote:Skillful =/= talented in attack.

Even then it's still debatable.

You seriously think Cole is better going forward than Marcelo? That's almost(not quite) as laughable as saying Marcelo is a better player.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:32 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

I don't care about that, he said Marcelo is better than Ashley Cole. Laughing Laughing
    Don't worry, I still don't see what Cole can do that Marcelo can't you still haven't informed me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:32 am