Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Jamie
Dean
Lux
wellz
Barton
Cadbury
Cornholio
ayvee1
Walcott
Hitchy
GK01
Marvin
Danny
Scuba Steve
Jord
19 posters

tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan?

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan? - Page 4 Empty Re: tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan?

Post by Lux Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:05 am

If I pressured you would you even say any of your players have been bad this season?

When it comes down to it you're not doing as good as you would expect......I'm not surprised you're in 9th but I'd think you'd expect higher......and if that's the case then obviously someone is underperfoming.

Cahill might be a "thug"....but he gets the goals. Tbh I don't see how he's a thug at all. He's a physical player...but that's not the same thing.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan? - Page 4 Empty Re: tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan?

Post by Jamie Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 am

Luxz0rz wrote:If I pressured you would you even say any of your players have been bad this season?

When it comes down to it you're not doing as good as you would expect......I'm not surprised you're in 9th but I'd think you'd expect higher......and if that's the case then obviously someone is underperfoming.

Cahill might be a "thug"....but he gets the goals. Tbh I don't see how he's a thug at all. He's a physical player...but that's not the same thing.

You wouldn't need to pressure me to get me to say Konchesky, Carragher, Poulsen, Cole, have been bad while others have been below their best. So no, like you're trying to imply I'm not just a biased Liverpool fan here. Meireles has geniunely had a good season so far, and would not be replaced by Timmmmmmeh.

Cahill isn't good enough for a top team, not even a debateable point. He lacks the general play expected, barring his heading ability, his leap and his timing of runs he'd still be playing for Millwall.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:26 am

But isn't physicality expected of Meireles?

Laughing

Football isn't just about fancy passing....I'm not going to lie and say I watch Liverpool a lot but when I have Meireles has looked very lightweight. In the end strength and aerial ability can be as important/even more important than good technical ability.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:28 am

That's absolute bullshit, yet-a-fucking-gain

Yakubu knocks him over, big deal. He doesn't need to be physically imposing, Lucas does that job.

Though your viewtake is typically very English, which is not surprising at all.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:31 am

Yakubu fouled him there, that wasn't even strength tbh. Laughing

But still Jamie, the Premier League is very physical, surely you can understand his viewtake.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 am

Jamie wrote:That's absolute bullshit, yet-a-fucking-gain

Yakubu knocks him over, big deal. He doesn't need to be physically imposing, Lucas does that job.

Lucas indeed does strike fear into the opposition
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah already know your views on him so no need for the input.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 am

He's shit.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 am

lololol!!!!loo1l11one.

Nice wan, feck aff.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Hitchy wrote:He's shit.

Ye Mar is in bed 'too. Just thought I'd say.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Dean wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:He's shit.

Ye Mar is in bed 'too. Just thought I'd say.
    Harsh, but fair
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Harsh, but correct.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Jamie wrote:That's absolute bullshit, yet-a-fucking-gain

Yet-a-not-going-mad-again you claim "bullshit" when it's obviously not.

Lucas does the physical work for Liverpool? Is that some kind of sick joke? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Even if Lucas is physical (which I don't doubt...though he's hardly as physical as platers in similar roles at other teams)...one player doesn't always cut it....

Don't see how it's not a big deal. Meireles lets Yakubu through who can then run on goal. Liverpool defenders struggle to keep him out as he runs at goal and only a good save stops Everton bagging a goal. That's not uncommon of Liverpool at all.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 pm

luxor making some good point which is strange usually he make less sense than a terrorist

but i not agree that athletiscm and aerial is as important as technique

for sure is important, but not same importance as technique. is not mean u have to be a fancy player at all.wilshere is not fancy player but he has excelent technique. player with no athletisicm but good technique can still be a good player at end of career, but if a player have no technique and only athletiscm then they should play different sport

for sure cahill not technical player but sure is good enough to be epl player? i seen many worse player technique than him. his assist for baine goal in man city was good touch and composure. im sure if that was a millwall player that touch would not being possible
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:11 pm

mauro wrote:luxor making some good point which is strange usually he make less sense than a terrorist

Your English makes less sense than a terrorist tbh neu shades

mauro wrote:l
    but i not agree that athletiscm and aerial is as important as technique

for sure is important, but not same importance as technique. is not mean u have to be a fancy player at all.wilshere is not fancy player but he has excelent technique. player with no athletisicm but good technique can still be a good player at end of career, but if a player have no technique and only athletiscm then they should play different sport

for sure cahill not technical player but sure is good enough to be epl player? i seen many worse player technique than him. his assist for baine goal in man city was good touch and composure. im sure if that was a millwall player that touch would not being possible

That depends. Obviously you need technical ability...even Cahill has that to some degree (though Jamie's typically Northern Irish response's aren't surprising :troll:)

There's lots of good players who ply their trade on physicality (or speed) first, and technique second....that doesn't mean you have 0 technique.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:

There's lots of good players who ply their trade on physicality (or speed) first, and technique second....that doesn't mean you have 0 technique.

that is true but how many of those are top level elite player(im talk about champion league winners, world cup winners) etc...i cannot think of any that stand out like fabrice muamba

although perotta is shocking player not much technique and winning world cup as important player but as u say, he has enough technique to be competitive

but technique is stil most crucial aspect
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:16 pm

In the words of Rafa Benitez;

Everton are a small club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:18 pm

ScottyBoy_21 wrote:In the words of Rafa Benitez;

in the words of kuled;

why did u create second account just to "talk" to your main account and say things like "scotty is so cool"
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:23 pm

mauro wrote:that is true but how many of those are top level elite player(im talk about champion league winners, world cup winners) etc...i cannot think of any that stand out like fabrice muamba

although perotta is shocking player not much technique and winning world cup as important player but as u say, he has enough technique to be competitive

Half the Italian team rely on dirty tactics/strength rather than on technique smug

But really any top player has to have technical ability...even the best gigantic target men have good technique. But take strength away from a player like Drogba and that would make his game a lot worse.

Anyway, gotta run to work Surrender
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:37 pm

if u took drogba strength away, he still have good technique. he can play on the wing like he used to in his youth. maybe not at chelsea level, but in ligue 1 for sure and midtable epl team easy

but if u take away his technique and just keep his strength. he would be play in 5th division in england. is not compatable.

drogba strength is what make him good player to a world class player. but his technique made him from amateur player to a good player. that is difference

and anyways essence of italian football is 'tactics' and whatever but the average italian still has far superior techniq that english player. the only countrys i would saying is superior technical than italia is spain and brazil and some may say the dutch but this is debateable. it then spread down to team like argentina where top tier is have more raw skill then italia for sure, but not by much. after this there is france, maybe more raw skill than italia but basic touches and passing movements is not as good as us.

new german football system is showing to be top class also but we will see

our 2006 world cup team was one of most technical team ever. exclude toni and perotta the team was brilliance. no nesta, and del piero not even playing much, we still showing so many skills. totti, zambrotta, pirlo, grosso, camoranesi, del piero, cannavaro etc technical brilliance!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    mauro wrote:that is true but how many of those are top level elite player(im talk about champion league winners, world cup winners) etc...i cannot think of any that stand out like fabrice muamba

Half the Italian team rely on dirty tactics/strength rather than on technique tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan? - Page 4 601554

But really any top player has to have technical ability...even the best gigantic target men have good technique. But take strength away from a player like Drogba and that would make his game a lot worse.

Anyway, gotta run to work tim cahill: good player or just a oz kevin nolan? - Page 4 591583
    You should've already woken up for work at this time. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:58 pm

mauro wrote:
    ScottyBoy_21 wrote:In the words of Rafa Benitez;

in the words of kuled;

why did u create second account just to "talk" to your main account and say things like "scotty is so cool"

Except, that's not what actually happened, stupid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:51 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:You should've already woken up for work at this time. Laughing

I woke up at 6am and left the house at 6:30am. I started work at 8am Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:30 am

Cool story bro shifty
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:27 am

But come on, how much sense does Benitez actually speak? he speaks worse English than Mauro, no offense Mauro.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:39 am

Nightmare wrote:But come on, how much sense does Benitez actually speak? he speaks worse English than Mauro, no offense Mauro.

Rafa's English is good. Having spoke to the man in person, I think I'd know.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:41 am

You trolling dean?
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:43 am

Kuled wrote:You trolling dean?

No I'm not trolling Kuled.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:44 am

Dean wrote:
    Kuled wrote:You trolling dean?

No I'm not trolling Kuled.
    Wow cool! What was the conversation about?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:26 pm