Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
El_indian
SBSP
Scott_LFC
Jordi
Zzonked
Weather130
ResurrectionRooney
Keyser Söze
Glen Miller
13 posters

2014/15 FA Cup Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

2014/15 FA Cup Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2014/15 FA Cup Thread

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 am

It may have just gotten a wee bit more preferable.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 am

Poor officiating allows Manchester United back into the game.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 am

Glen Miller wrote:It may have just gotten a wee bit more preferable.

Jinxed it, you prick.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:16 am

Sorry.

They took the lead against Preston and Kuled is, I quote, "actually in disbelief."

Good to see that Van Gaal spent the GDP of a small nation on all sorts of world class players and is relying on Moyes' big signing to deliver the goods.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 am

#MagicOfTheCup
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:24 am

Didn't RR say that any of the "fab five" (Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria) could be labelled the best player in the league? rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 am

Thank God for that. For a moment I feared we'd be playing an organized, competitive and well drilled team. Now it looks like we'll be playing a team whose only creativity and attacking outlet is playing one dimensional wingers that spam aimless crosses to a 6 foot 5 technically bereft oaf in an archaic 442 . So all in all I'm glad United are leading.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 am

Glen Miller wrote:Didn't RR say that any of the "fab five" (Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria) could be labelled the best player in the league? rofl

rofl I wish I knew where he gets this absurd confidence. Almost as funny was Ridiikuluz telling me that Di Maria is significantly better than Sanchez.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Didn't RR say that any of the "fab five" (Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria) could be labelled the best player in the league? rofl

rofl I wish I knew where he gets this absurd confidence. Almost as funny was Ridiikuluz telling me that Di Maria is significantly better than Sanchez.
    rofl I remember his refusing to back down even after we posted the Squawka stats showing they were equally productive.

Rooney dives to kill the game off.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

rofl

I think I said the same thing after Sanchez's game against Everton shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:55 am

You could have made an argument for any at the time. Since then Aguero has hit a new level it's become clear that Falcao is a busted flush and the others have struggled with the system.

Keyser Söze wrote:Thank God for that. For a moment I feared we'd be playing an organized, competitive and well drilled team. Now it looks like we'll be playing a team whose only creativity and attacking outlet is playing one dimensional wingers that spam aimless crosses to a 6 foot 5 technically bereft oaf in an archaic 442 . So all in all I'm glad United are leading.    

Our poor organisation explains why you beat us so soundly at the Emirates earlier in the season. Your ability to carve through our defence still gives me nightmares to this day.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 am

Has Aguero really hit a new level?  He was hitting similar figures last season and his minutes/goal ratio has been the best around for a long time.  I think his importance has just been highlighted this season because of his injuries & the fact that the other players (mainly Toure) aren't playing nearly well enough.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:06 am

Why does it give you nightmares? scratch IIRC you said at the time that it was all apart of van Gaal's tactical masterclass to allow us to have so much possession and create so many clear cut chances at easy and then rely almost solely on a GK error to win.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 am

Glen Miller wrote:Has Aguero really hit a new level?  He was hitting similar figures last season and his minutes/goal ratio has been the best around for a long time.  I think his importance has just been highlighted this season because of his injuries & the fact that the other players (mainly Toure) aren't playing nearly well enough.

How well Aguero has been playing is irrelevant. Seems strange that RR even mentioned him. Aguero has nothing to do with Falcao, RvP, Di Maria and Mata all being outclassed by the likes of Giroud and Ozil rofl Also, I don't understand how the "system" has contributed to Di Maria's poor pop shots, shit crossing, dire passing and inconsistent dribbling.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:13 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Has Aguero really hit a new level?  He was hitting similar figures last season and his minutes/goal ratio has been the best around for a long time.  I think his importance has just been highlighted this season because of his injuries & the fact that the other players (mainly Toure) aren't playing nearly well enough.

How well Aguero has been playing is irrelevant. Seems strange that RR even mentioned him. Aguero has nothing to do with Falcao, RvP, Di Maria and Mata all being outclassed by the likes of Giroud and Ozil rofl Also, I don't understand how the "system" has contributed to Di Maria's poor pop shots, shit crossing, dire passing and inconsistent dribbling.
    Laughing True.  The fact that their two standout players have been their goalkeeper, utility midfielder, and Fellaini (as a striker rofl) says it all.

I do understand the system bit.  I think it is a case of a manager just being too darn good.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Thank God for that. For a moment I feared we'd be playing an organized, competitive and well drilled team. Now it looks like we'll be playing a team whose only creativity and attacking outlet is playing one dimensional wingers that spam aimless crosses to a 6 foot 5 technically bereft oaf in an archaic 442 . So all in all I'm glad United are leading.    
    Yeah but now it's going to be twice as embarrassing when you get knocked out.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 am

Players of the year so far for me is between Fabregas, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero and maybe De Gea although keepers just never win.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Hazard?
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:08 pm

I mean he's been good but I think he's still below the top performers this season.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Genuinely can't tell if Hazard is overrated or not. Some people say he's the best player in the league, and other people say he's not that good.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:33 pm

SBSP wrote:Genuinely can't tell if Hazard is overrated or not. Some people say he's the best player in the league, and other people say he's not that good.
    It is a vicious cycle that consumes all, mf.  They hit form, get overrated by their fans, and this makes their detractors bitter and they accuse him of being overrated, which leads to his being underrated.  I cry just thinking about the cruelty.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

I think he's better than what he was, so is Hazard for that matter.
    Keyser Söze wrote:Why does it give you nightmares? scratch IIRC you said at the time that it was all apart of van Gaal's tactical masterclass to allow us to have so much possession and create so many clear cut chances at easy and then rely almost solely on a GK error to win.
    It doesn't, it's called sarcasm.  You had no good chances in that match, it took a pot shot when the game was over for you to score.
    Keyser Söze wrote:

How the best players are playing is totally relevant to who is the best player.

Do you think the system we're currently playing gets the best out of the players mentioned as individuals?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    It doesn't, it's called sarcasm.  You had no good chances in that match, it took a pot shot when the game was over for you to score.

Do you think the system we're currently playing gets the best out of the players mentioned as individuals?

If only we could have created the chances you did. I'm sure it takes barrels of of creative genius to take the lead through an own goal that was down to a GK error. You must spend hours on the training ground perfecting that, I'm sure it took every sinewed of skill that the likes of Di Maria and Rooney possess.

It's irrelevant how Aguero has been playing because those frauds you have at United haven't even been playing at a high enough level to be compared with Ings let alone Aguero rofl Aguero could be playing complete shit and it wouldn't detracted from how bad the Gaalatiocs, if you play as badly as those 5 have been then there's always going to be someone better than you.

Laughing  Why are you blaming the system? According to you van Gaal is a genius. How fucking dare you question the man that made the tactical decision of the century when he brought on Krul. Shame on you.  

The system has nothing to do with players getting the very fundamentals of football wrong. For £60million Di Maria should be doing infinitely better regardless of the "system" and Falcao loool rofl
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 am

No good chances. Laughing Wilshere missed a one-on-one from five yards out.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:47 am

Great article, some of you would do well to read it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2956769/Guide-hate-Manchester-United-think-Wayne-Rooney-stayed-feet-Ander-Herrera-s-goal-not-stood.html
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 am

Adrian Durham and "great article"?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:57 am

rofl  That is such a juvenile piece of "journalism."
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:07 am

If you think that was a piss poor attempt at journalism purely written as a click biat, then you hate Manchester United.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

If only we could have created the chances you did. I'm sure it takes barrels of of creative genius to take the lead through an own goal that was down to a GK error. You must spend hours on the training ground perfecting that, I'm sure it took every sinewed of skill that the likes of Di Maria and Rooney possess.

It's irrelevant how Aguero has been playing because those frauds you have at United haven't even been playing at a high enough level to be compared with Ings let alone Aguero rofl Aguero could be playing complete shit and it wouldn't detracted from how bad the Gaalatiocs, if you play as badly as those 5 have been then there's always going to be someone better than you.

Laughing  Why are you blaming the system? According to you van Gaal is a genius. How fucking dare you question the man that made the tactical decision of the century when he brought on Krul. Shame on you.  

The system has nothing to do with players getting the very fundamentals of football wrong. For £60million Di Maria should be doing infinitely better regardless of the "system" and Falcao loool rofl

The system makes them look inferior for the good of the team.  Van Gaal is intelligent enough to know what needs prioritising (defending).  He could make them perform brilliantly as individuals if he wanted to, but it'd be at heavy cost to the team as a whlle because our shit defenders would be exposed. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  The fact that people on the internet and supposed experts can't understand his tactics means that those people are wrong, not him.

Falcao's a busted flush, no question.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Great article, some of you would do well to read it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2956769/Guide-hate-Manchester-United-think-Wayne-Rooney-stayed-feet-Ander-Herrera-s-goal-not-stood.html

Come on, that's absurd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:37 am