Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
El_indian
SBSP
Weather130
Vela
FCB
benqbiggis
luke.
The Zlatan
Ra's al Ghul
mauro95
Roloman4
Jordi
Zzonked
Glen Miller
dena
Keyser Söze
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
22 posters

Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football

luke.
    luke.

Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football

Post by luke. Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:03 am

It's the fact that they're all together in a wall of denial. Italy have more right to feel aggrieved after that game really, Godin should have been sent off in the England game, Marchisio red card was harsh, and ofc no action taken on Suarez and then Uruguay scored. All a bit irrelevant now though.
    benqbiggis

Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football

Post by benqbiggis Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:59 am

english tabloids 1 x 0 suarez
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:23 am

Zzonked wrote:He is banned from learning anything that goes on at football games other than from Michael Owen describing the game in a loud voice 2 inches away from his ear in a hotel room that is slightly too hot to be comfortable.
     rofl
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:56 am

I don't know if it's not enough of a punishment or just right. It's more than his two previous punishments, so at least that's good. Liverpool should sell him, but I wonder what club would want to buy him at the price Liverpool are looking for. Barcelona have been linked to him, but I would be furious if we sign him.

luke. wrote:It's the fact that they're all together in a wall of denial. Italy have more right to feel aggrieved after that game really, Godin should have been sent off in the England game, Marchisio red card was harsh, and ofc no action taken on Suarez and then Uruguay scored. All a bit irrelevant now though.

That Marchisio red card was deserved and right in front of the referee.
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:He is banned from learning anything that goes on at football games other than from Michael Owen describing the game in a loud voice 2 inches away from his ear in a hotel room that is slightly too hot to be comfortable.

rofl

This all sounds a bit extreme in all honesty. What he did was bizarre and obviously unacceptable but I can't imagine that FIFA would ever consider giving out the same punishment to someone who has a history of committing serious foul play. It seems like they're punishing him for bringing disrepute to their glorious tournament rather than for what he actually did.  
    They did the same for Cantona, so there is precedent. Although his incident was with club, not country. Still didn't stop FIFA from banning him from EC96.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Even this lengthy ban will do nothing for Suarez he really needs some psychological counseling  while serving the ban otherwise he will do it again at some point in time.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:01 pm

FCB wrote:I don't know if it's not enough of a punishment or just right. It's more than his two previous punishments, so at least that's good. Liverpool should sell him, but I wonder what club would want to buy him at the price Liverpool are looking for. Barcelona have been linked to him, but I would be furious if we sign him.

luke. wrote:It's the fact that they're all together in a wall of denial. Italy have more right to feel aggrieved after that game really, Godin should have been sent off in the England game, Marchisio red card was harsh, and ofc no action taken on Suarez and then Uruguay scored. All a bit irrelevant now though.

That Marchisio red card was deserved and right in front of the referee.

You say that now, but trust me, if he banged in 30 goals in the League, you'd love him.

If he moved to Barca, suddenly Liverpool fans won't defend him so much, he'll be a racist, cheating, biting cunt. And Barca fans will be the new ones that defend him.

That's just the life of a football fan, bro.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Suarez is pretty much the only thing stopping me from liking Liverpool at the moment. Maybe Martin Skrtel, but hopefully he'll be bit part soon enough.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:23 pm

I think he learn lesson this time. I have said before that i will allow him another bite before i've had enough..now no more chances Luis  Smile

2015 Ballon d'Or  cheers

Last edited by El_indian on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:24 pm

such charity

Suarez banned for 9 games, and 4 month ban from football - Page 2 Suarez3
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:01 am

Scott_LFC wrote:You say that now, but trust me, if he banged in 30 goals in the League, you'd love him.

If he moved to Barca, suddenly Liverpool fans won't defend him so much, he'll be a racist, cheating, biting cunt. And Barca fans will be the new ones that defend him.

Laughing Not all football fans are as retarded as Liverpool ones. rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:50 am

Vela wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:You say that now, but trust me, if he banged in 30 goals in the League, you'd love him.

Laughing Not all football fans are as retarded as Liverpool ones. rofl

Funny how it's Liverpool and Uruguay fans that defend him.

What have they got in common?

Oh that's right. He plays for both of them.

His new club will be exactly the same. It's just the way it works.
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:58 am

Both entities also defend murderers, Barça don't rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:18 am

They're special cases. Even if you take Suarez out of the equation, Uruguay is still a filthy country with a terrorist as President and Liverpool is still a football club whose identity is build around being on the receiving end of injustice and victimisation from the media and the authorities. Barcelona is a club with a proud history, I don't think they'll be as rabid or delusional as Suarez's current fanbase.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:53 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They're special cases.  Even if you take Suarez out of the equation, Uruguay is still a filthy country with a terrorist as President and Liverpool is still a football club whose identity is build around being on the receiving end of injustice and victimisation from the media and the authorities.  Barcelona is a club with a proud history, I don't think they'll be as rabid or delusional as Suarez's current fanbase.

What a proud history of breaking rules? Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:23 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They're special cases.  Even if you take Suarez out of the equation, Uruguay is still a filthy country with a terrorist as President and Liverpool is still a football club whose identity is build around being on the receiving end of injustice and victimisation from the media and the authorities.  Barcelona is a club with a proud history, I don't think they'll be as rabid or delusional as Suarez's current fanbase.

Pretty phucking confident that they will Laughing

You'll have Ahly saying moving to Barca has changed him.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:25 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Pretty phucking confident that they will Laughing

You'll have Ahly saying moving to Barca has changed him.
    They'll embrace him, but I think that the fact that his history is even more well-documented than it was when we signed him + the negative global exposure will mean that they will, publicly at least, avoid the idolatry Liverpool fans have engaged him. 

The second line.  rofl
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 am

I already hate Suarez and don't want him to sign no matter how good he is. If we do sign him, I'll just accept it and support his talents as a player. But any little misbehavior and I'll be the first one to criticize him. The only player that I would be really biased towards is Messi. But even then if he becomes a regular ass like Suarez, I'll have no reason to defend him.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 am

Agreed.  Messi, to his credit, is very clever and subtle with his jackassery, unfairly boosting his performance not by diving, but by using PEDs, and hurting others not by biting, but by stealing money from the government's coffers.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 am

rofl
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Agreed.  Messi, to his credit, is very clever and subtle with his jackassery, unfairly boosting his performance not by diving, but by using PEDs, and hurting others not by biting, but by stealing money from the government's coffers.
    Typical scouse mong, justifying Suárez's actions by comparing him to the "misdeeds" of fellow professionals. Messi wasn't involved in the entire tax evasion scheme you fucking asswipe.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Haha, Jay is using his gangster speak and excessively abusive language.  Laughing  Smile
    Vela
    Vela

Post by Vela Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:17 pm

-1 courier strength.

And gangster speak?  scratch
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-28069433

This is why Suarez will never learn. Every time he does something wrong his camp somehow ends up making him think he's the victim.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Zzonked wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-28069433

This is why Suarez will never learn. Every time he does something wrong his camp somehow ends up making him think he's the victim.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/28/liverpool-luis-suarez-kenny-dalglish

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 am

In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite," the Uruguay striker wrote in Spanish in a letter dated June 25.

"After the impact ... I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent," Suarez wrote in his submission to the panel which met Wednesday, one day after Uruguay beat Italy 1-0 in a decisive group-stage match.

"At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth," Suarez said.

The old 'I slipped and my teeth fell on to him' argument.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:40 am

Hopefully he appeals on that basis and the ban is doubled.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:46 am

The entire Uruguayan response to this has been completely spineless and pathetic.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:08 am

Some of you need to get a grip. You are acting like he's killed someone ffs. Did people honestly expect Uruguay to turn their backs on him? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:Some of you need to get a grip. You are acting like he's killed someone ffs. Did people honestly expect Uruguay to turn their backs on him? Laughing

It's what a civilised country would do. The Liverpool Echo suggests that he was in line for a six match ban, but it was increased to it's current level because not his lack of remorse. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:31 pm