Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Start.
Kuled
Carlos Jenkinson
Walcott
The Zlatan
9 posters

Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year.

Anonymous

Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year. Empty Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 am

Former Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles has been hit with an 11-match ban for spitting at a referee, according to reports.

The Portuguese international is now in Turkey with Fenerbahce and was accused following his dismissal in the country's most ferocious derby against Galatasaray last weekend.

Meireles confronted referee Halis Ozkahya after he was given a second yellow card in the second half of the 2-1 defeat. It was claimed then that he spat at the official while also making a homophobic remark.

And now reports have emerged the Turkish Football Federation have slapped him with a ban that sees him ruled out until the last week of February.

Speaking after the match, the 29-year-old vehemently denied the claims.

He said: 'I'm really annoyed at being accused of spitting at the referee. I have an eight year old kid, can you imagine if kids at school start saying your father spat at a ref, this could ruin my reputation in the eyes of my child.

'I have many gay friends who I deeply respects. The hand gesture I made is directed at the referee caving in to the pressure of the home fans.

'That hand gesture was to tell him he was scared. Look at my hairstyle, what I wear, I'm not a prejudice person, my hand gesture was in no way, shape or form a homophobic one.

'I don't know what the hand gesture for calling somebody gay is in Turkey but what I did was entirely based around the referee being a coward and bowing to the pressure.

'The referee's accusations are outrageous and are defamation, I will be taking legal action against him to prove my innocence.'

Meanwhile, Montpellier defender Cyril Jeunechamp has been banned for one year for hitting a journalist from French newspaper L'Equipe.

Anonymous

Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year. Empty Re: Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am

Scumbag, always did look like a dirty cunt, hope he burns in a house fire.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year. Empty Re: Meireles banned for 11 games - Jeunechamp banned for 1 year.

Post by The Zlatan Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 am

Former Liverpool

Rolling Eyes
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 am

Wonder where he learnt that. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:37 am

See what Terry does to people, poor lad.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 am

That's a casual thing in Turkey Confused
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am

Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am

G'wan Raul LAD.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:00 am

Kuled wrote:
    Should still die.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:15 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    Should still die.

He will, just be patient.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:17 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Former Liverpool

Rolling Eyes
    Agreed, always getting falsely accused. Rolling Eyes
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 am

poor Meireles
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Chip wrote:poor Meireles

seriously

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 8:01 am