Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Theo Filippo
Flanno
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
Mason19294828838822
SBSP
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
13 posters

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Scott_LFC

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:15 am

Mason19294828838822 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Have you never rewatched the game?  Shevchenko had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside in the first half, Smicer's goal was wrongly awarded even though the assistant raised his flag, Gerrard dived to win a penalty and Dudek's encroachment and unsporting conduct on the penalties was allowed to go unpunished.  If you are prepared to resort to cheating and enjoy incredible luck from a referee you can overcome a better team.  If you don't get the luck, try not to cheat and you're tactically inept you have no chance.

He only supported Liverpool from 2007.

I've been a Liverpool fan since I was 11/12. The first trophy I saw us win (as a die hard fan) was the Worthington Cup against Man United. Prior to that, I was a casual fan, but my Stepdad and my friends slowly got me really into football.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:16 am

Arsenal are going backwards and Liverpool are going forward as club.

I would put money on Liverpool advancing further than Arsenal in the Champions League next season.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am

Scott_LFC wrote:That's not how I remember it at all. I remember Arsenal fans saying they'd easily finish 1st or 2nd in the group. Particularly Theo.

I don't care how you remember it since you've remembered it wrong. Theo was the only one that was confident.

Scott_LFC wrote: Either way, that's not really the point I am making. I don't care what the fans expect.

Really?  scratch Then why say this

Scott_LFC wrote:And yet, every season, Arsenal think they can win the Champion's League Laughing

Scott_LFC wrote: just highlighting Arsenal's mental frailty in the Champion's League knock-out stages.

I don't see any mental frailty. In the past we've had massive and unlikely results vs Madrid, Inter, Milan, Barcelona and Bayern. These last 5 seasons we haven't gone that far in the competition because we've had 4 ties in the last 5 seasons against the best team in the world early on and even then the results have been close and in some cases under extreme circumstances.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 am

Ozil out for a few weeks - Wenger
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:21 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Yeah, and I see that as having 4 chances to pull of an upset and progress to the latter stages, and 4 failures. Weak mentality. Back when we were in the Champion's League, from 05-09, we were consistently pulling off upsets. Yet you seem to use the "they are a better team than us" as an excuse for always being knocked out early? Come on.

No you didn't  rofl  Even we had a few good results during that period, doesn't mean you or us "consistently pulled off upsets"  rofl  What warped and deluded version of events.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:21 am

You don't really seem to grasp what caring about something means. I don't care what Arsenal fans think, but it's still funny to know that they think they can win the CL every year.
    _____

It's mental frailty, no matter how you try to spin it. You can see it in the way they play football. Like tonight, they were unable to string 4 passes together, when normally, they're one of the best passing sides in the world.

Man City managed to beat Bayern. You beat them last season, but lacked the mental edge to jump over the last hurdle and score the 3rd.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Yeah, and I see that as having 4 chances to pull of an upset and progress to the latter stages, and 4 failures. Weak mentality. Back when we were in the Champion's League, from 05-09, we were consistently pulling off upsets. Yet you seem to use the "they are a better team than us" as an excuse for always being knocked out early? Come on.

No you didn't  rofl  Even we had a few good results during that period, doesn't mean you or us "consistently pulled off upsets"  rofl  What warped and deluded version of events.  

Yes we did. We got to 2 finals. We beat Real Madrid home and away, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Chelsea (on several occasions), Arsenal, Juventus, etc.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 am

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 9 mins
    BREAKING: Ozil out 'for a few weeks' with hamstring injury. Great. Rounds off a miserable day. I'm going to work...while I still have a job.

Is this true?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 am

Scott_LFC wrote:You don't really seem to grasp what caring about something means. I don't care what Arsenal fans think, but it's still funny to know that they think they can win the CL every year.
    _____

It's mental frailty, no matter how you try to spin it. You can see it in the way they play football. Like tonight, they were unable to string 4 passes together, when normally, they're one of the best passing sides in the world.

Man City managed to beat Bayern. You beat them last season, but lacked the mental edge to jump over the last hurdle and score the 3rd.

Doesn't care yet posts a comment about it and finds it funny  scratch Yeah, I don't grasp the concept. Having learned of your education history I'm starting to understand why you're so dim.  

City lacked the mental (and mathematical) strength to find a 4th goal and get over the last hurdle so they aren't an example that proves your point.

We aren't even the best passing side in the BPL let alone the CL in which we are miles off
    Bayern Munich vs Arsenal - Page 2 Screen11
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:30 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan  9 mins
    BREAKING: Ozil out 'for a few weeks' with hamstring injury. Great. Rounds off a miserable day. I'm going to work...while I still have a job.

Is this true?

Yes I posted it a few posts up you buffoon.
    Flanno
    Flanno

Post by Flanno Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 am

The penalty Liverpool should have had in the first half was a handball by Nesta as he tried to slide tackle Garcia.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Yes we did. We got to 2 finals. We beat Real Madrid home and away, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Chelsea (on several occasions), Arsenal, Juventus, etc.

Out of how many games?  Laughing  We had equally good results and whilst we didn't get to two finals at least we weren't totally embarrassed by minnows like you were in your last CL season  rofl 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 am

Jesus, you are mind-numbingly boring. I stick by what I said. Arsenal are the bottle kings of Europe and they've yet to prove me wrong.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Out of how many games?  Laughing  We had equally good results and whilst we didn't get to two finals at least we weren't totally embarrassed by minnows like you were in your last CL season  rofl   

We were shit a shit team in Rafa's last season. We finished 7th in the League. No shit we got beaten by minnows.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 am

Oh no, Arsenal and Arsene Wenger haven't proved Scott wrong!
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Oh no, Arsenal and Arsene Wenger haven't proved Scott wrong!

Correct.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 am

Scott and Keyzer Soze is a fantastic rivalry. Similar to the Jela and Maestro one.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 am

Mason19294828838822 wrote:Scott and Keyzer Soze is a fantastic rivalry. Similar to the Jela and Maestro one.

Wouldn't call it a rivalry, tbh. He's just a little boy who's obsessed with me.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Mason19294828838822 wrote:Scott and Keyzer Soze is a fantastic rivalry. Similar to the Jela and Maestro one.

Wouldn't call it a rivalry, tbh. He's just obsessed with me.

Agreed. I wish had a degree in Media Production.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 am

Example:

He finishes watching his beloved Arsenal get knocked out of the CL. What's the first thing he does? Does he talk about the match? Does he reflect?

No, the first thing he does is dart in here and quote me, posting the there there emoticon.

Obsessed.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am

In fact, I can't seem to post anything without him popping up. I post about Liverpool, he says something. I post about money, he says something. I post about the Malaysian plane, he says something, I post about my PS4, he says something

It's actually quite weird. Never known someone to be so fixated on me.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am

Who wouldn't be obsessed with you?
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Post by Mason19294828838822 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal - Page 2 BieqEm0IYAAuo1B

Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Who wouldn't be obsessed with you?

Normal, sane people who don't feel the desperate need to follow me around like a puppy.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

You lead such a great life. Everyone strives to get a degree in media production, work at Argos and then constantly boast (with ATM pictures) about their £10K life savings on an internet forum.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal - Page 2 BievM12CMAAiHLe

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal - Page 2 BiewJF8CAAIMnxb

Laughing

Wenger has said he's out for a few weeks by the looks of things.

I did say that Ozil would have a muscle injury at some point. Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 am

Keyser Söze wrote:You lead such a great life. Everyone strives to get a degree in media production, work at Argos and then constantly boast (with ATM pictures) about their £10K life savings on an internet forum.

Haha, what's this? You're trying to unleash some completely unrelated, personal attacks now? Laughing Didn't realise I was upsetting you that much. You're just proving my point now, tbh. You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with me.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:You lead such a great life. Everyone strives to get a degree in media production, work at Argos and then constantly boast (with ATM pictures) about their £10K life savings on an internet forum.

Haha, what's this? You're trying to unleash some completely unrelated, personal attacks now? :lol:Didn't realise I was upsetting you that much. You're just proving my point now, tbh. You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with me.
    Unrelated, you mean much like you were? We were talking about the CL and then you randomly call me obsessed and diverted the whole topic of discussion.

And are they personal attacks? I thought this was all fake information I made up?  scratch Or have you finally realized how pathetic that was of you rofl 
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    We don't expect to win the CL, if you look back at the thread on this forum when the group stage draw was made then you'll see almost all of us thought we'd finish 3rd and no one thought we would even get a draw in either leg vs Bayern let alone win the tie. Also, you're bringing one-off examples that happened years ago  scratch Don't you understand that these results aren't likely? We've had a few "1st English team to win here" moments in the CL.

That's not how I remember it at all. I remember Arsenal fans saying they'd easily finish 1st or 2nd in the group. Particularly Theo.

Either way, that's not really the point I am making. I don't care what the fans expect. I'm just highlighting Arsenal's mental frailty in the Champion's League knock-out stages.
    I said we'd qualify pretty easily, correctly. But most Arsenal fans didn't.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 am

I really don't see how you can put losing to a better team down to "bottle".  As excuses go "the other team is much better than us" is a pretty fucking good one in my estimation, and the fact that other teams have sometimes got lucky and taken advantage of that to cause upsets doesn't change that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:05 am