Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
ResurrectionRooney
FCB
Glen Miller
Trent
SBSP
Keyser Söze
Novi
Scott_LFC
12 posters

Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Scott_LFC

Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich Empty Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:13 am

A couple of games to look forward to this week.

Hoping City can put in a good performance against Barcelona and would love to see them knock Barcelona out.

Unsure on how I feel about Arsenal. On one hand, I want to see them humiliated to the same level as we raped them, but on the other hand, a fixture pile-up for Arsenal would benefit us in the League.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich Empty Re: Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Post by Novi Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:20 am

I don't think a fixture pile up will benefit you because either way i'm confident you will still finish below us.
    Scott_LFC

Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich Empty Re: Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 am

Novi wrote:I don't think a fixture pile up will benefit you because either way i'm confident you will still finish below us.

Okay, well that's your opinion.

My opinion is that big games in Europe, involving a lot of travelling, etc, will take a toll on your League performances. Not to mention your FA Cup games as well.

We literally only have 12 matches to play for the rest of the season, with the ability to put our entire focus on the League. No distractions. No mid-week fixtures or fixture pile-ups.

It's advantage, Liverpool.

We are only 3 points behind and you're in the middle of a really difficult League run (the run started against Southampton, which you drew, then us, which you got thrashed, followed by a limp draw with Man United at your own place). You haven't looked good recently. The FA Cup result flattered Arsenal immensely and didn't reflect the game. What makes you think you're suddenly going to be good again? Especially when you've got to face Bayern, City, Everton, Stoke away, Spurs and Chelsea in your next bunch of games? This time of year is when Arsenal usually bottle it where the title race is concerned, whereas there is absolutely no pressure on Liverpool to mount a title challenge at all.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:15 am

Scott_LFC wrote:I don't care.
    Scott_LFC wrote:The FA Cup result flattered Arsenal immensely and didn't reflect the game.

rofl 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:I don't care.
    Scott_LFC wrote:The FA Cup result flattered Arsenal immensely and didn't reflect the game.

rofl 

Instead of selecting three words that take it out of context, post the whole quote ...

"Thankfully, though, in the grand scheme of things, I don't care. The win in the PL is much more valuable to us."

Just because I can discuss and reflect on the FA Cup game, doesn't mean that all of sudden, I really care about it. What I said is true, the PL win is much more valuable to us in the grand scheme of things.

By all means, keep embarrassing yourself with your unhealthy obsession with me, though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

Just like old times.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:24 am

Can't wait to see this display tonight. 

Man City vs Barcelona | Arsenal vs Bayern Munich BgW2Sh1IgAA2_Va
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:39 am

Supporting Arsenal tonight, it will be tough but hoping they can get a win.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:42 am

Trent wrote:Supporting Arsenal tonight, it will be tough but hoping they can get a win.
    Way to go out on a limb there, lad.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 am

As long as we can stop Bayern scoring I will be very happy.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35 am

Novi wrote:As long as we can stop Bayern scoring I will be very happy.
    Got a feeling Robben might score unfortunately.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 am

Good result for Barcelona. I think Bayern will win by two goals at least as well.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:38 am

Rumors that Sanogo is starting again. He was considering giving up football and becoming a post man before he join us. Laughing

Now look where he is.

Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Özil, Cazorla, Sanogo
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:00 am

Donkey man starting. Better than Giroud, I suppose.

Expecting Bayern to win easily.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:06 am

Sanogo to score tonight.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:12 am

Sanogo getting pumped. vine.co/v/hMHtdvO2pUF 
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 am

Sanogo has looked brilliant so far.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 am

I knew Ozil would miss that with his step up to the kick.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 am

For fuck sake Ozil
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 am

Sanogo should of taken it.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 am

Fantastic from Sanogo. Wow.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 am

I've been really impressed by him so far, hopefully he can grab a goal.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:24 am

Game over. Monreal is fucking shit.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:25 am

Think it is game over.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:25 am

If Bayern can score this penalty, it will be over for Arsenal.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:26 am

Wow hahaha
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 am

Maybe not hahahahahhahahahahhaha
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 am

Get in there!
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 am

Why are they booing Robben? It was Szczesny's fault.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 am

I dunno, could partly be that he used to play for Chelsea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:53 am