Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Sean
Grenade
dena
Scuba Steve
FCB
Zzonked
Scott_LFC
ResurrectionRooney
Dagbon
ayvee1
Clark
Yrael
Iscquin
Keyser Söze
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Juvendinho
TheRangersFan
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
SophisticatedBeggar
Phadunkin Donuts
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
28 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 pm

I watched that Mazerunner movie about a week ago

It was really strange, I don't know if I enjoyed it or disliked it

It seemed kinda predictable. You just like knew what would happen in the movie
    SBSP
    SBSP

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by SBSP Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:27 am

Gone Girl is very good.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I watched A Walk Among the Tombstones today. It was good, but not as good as Taken.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:59 pm

SBSP wrote:Gone Girl is very good.
    As good as Finchers other films?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:41 am

Not as good as Social Network. I prefer Zodiac and Fight Club as well, but Gone Girl isn't too far behind.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:05 am

I thought Fury was very good. 8/10 
    They could have setup why certain actions were necessary to the squad a bit better, and pacing could have been better. The only other problem I had is 
    Spoiler:
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Scott Pilgrim v The World

Didn't like it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Gay
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 am

SBSP wrote:Not as good as Social Network. I prefer Zodiac and Fight Club as well, but Gone Girl isn't too far behind.

I think Gone Girl was his best movie IMO.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:05 am

SBSP wrote:Gay

You like it?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:04 am

Pretty decent movie. I like Michael Cera and Edgar Wright, though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Anyone seen Interstellar yet?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm going after my exams which is in a week or so. I'm hyped af hahaaa
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 pm

SBSP wrote:Anyone seen Interstellar yet?

Yes. It's great in parts and not so great in others. Very different from his other films. Needs to be seen twice, it's extremely dense.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:38 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Anyone seen Interstellar yet?

Yes. It's great in parts and not so great in others. Very different from his other films. Needs to be seen twice, it's extremely dense.

Fully agree.

What parts didn't you like? I read your comment and some less than perfect reviews  and went into it not expecting it to be as good as his other films but I thought it really good, certainly not worse than his other films.

However:

Spoiler:

Did you watch it in IMAX?
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

I just finished watching a screening of Horrible Bosses 2. I really liked it.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I also watched Interstellar last Sunday. It was too long. We went to the 10:30 pm show and we got out at 1:30 am and I had work the next day. I didn't know it was going to be so long. Other than that, it was good. It reminded me of 2001 a bit.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

That just sounds like poor planning on your part, to be honest.  Did you expect to be tucked in bed by midnight after watching a 10:30 showing?
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Glen Miller wrote:That just sounds like poor planning on your part, to be honest.  Did you expect to be tucked in bed by midnight after watching a 10:30 showing?

I expected it to be a regular length movie. It's not a big deal though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Chris Nolan doesn't do regular length movies.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:06 pm

SBSP wrote:Chris Nolan doesn't do regular length movies.
    Exactly.  A simple Google search would have settled it as well.  Amateur hour.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Fully agree.

What parts didn't you like? I read your comment and some less than perfect reviews  and went into it not expecting it to be as good as his other films but I thought it really good, certainly not worse than his other films.

However:

Spoiler:

I've seen it twice now and I enjoyed my second viewing significantly more. The first time I was trying so hard to keep up with the scientific jargon and all the plot developments that I didn't really connect with the emotional core. Second time I just allowed myself to get swept away in the experience and I found it kind of beautiful.

Spoiler:

No, I didn't see it in IMAX.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Fully agree.

However:

Spoiler:

I've seen it twice now and I enjoyed my second viewing significantly more. The first time I was trying so hard to keep up with the scientific jargon and all the plot developments that I didn't really connect with the emotional core. Second time I just allowed myself to get swept away in the experience and I found it kind of beautiful.

Spoiler:

The detail in which they went into about relativity, wormholes, time and gravity was one of the best parts of the film for me. I've never seen a film do it so well and so maturely.  

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:11 am

Spoiler:
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Second time I just allowed myself to get swept away in the experience and I found it kind of beautiful.

Happy Tears
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:10 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Spoiler:

The detail in which they went into about relativity, wormholes, time and gravity was one of the best parts of the film for me. I've never seen a film do it so well and so maturely.  

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:59 am

Spoiler:
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:02 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Spoiler:
    So when did you think the movie should have finished? Because that didn't really take up all of the last 15 minutes, more like about 5.

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:20 am

Spoiler:
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:55 am

Which do you guys think was better? Interstellar or 2001?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm