Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Sean
Grenade
dena
Scuba Steve
FCB
Zzonked
Scott_LFC
ResurrectionRooney
Dagbon
ayvee1
Clark
Yrael
Iscquin
Keyser Söze
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Juvendinho
TheRangersFan
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
SophisticatedBeggar
Phadunkin Donuts
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
28 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 am

Grenade wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy - pretty average movie, didn't live up to expectations and kind of dragged on most of the way through.
    I thought it was pretty good and some of the self-parody moments were amusing.

Spoiler:
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:14 am

Anyone watch a film called Happiness?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Saw some movie called Boyhood because it had incredible reviews and there was nothing else to watch.

Probably the worst movie I've seen in my life.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 am

Think dis is gonna be good.

SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Zzonked wrote:Think dis is gonna be good.

I hope it is. 

Looking forward to: Foxcatcher, Inherent Vice, Gone Girl, Interstellar, Birdman, Fury, and Automata. Hopefully they can make up for a lackluster year in movies.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Whats that movie called with Jake Gyllenhall where he is an unhinged reporter? That looks good.

Also looking forward to The Imitation Game, apparently Cumberbatch is brilliant in it.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:55 pm

I finally watched a Wes Anderson film after Zzonked's recommendation.  Rushmore was very good, 8/10. I could listen to the soundtrack for the rest of my life as well.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:51 pm

I've got that downloaded. Haven't had much time for movies since classes started though. Dry Smile
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:55 pm

SBSP wrote:I've got that downloaded. Haven't had much time for movies since classes started though. Dry Smile
    It's a Friday night, mf.  Treat yourself to 90 minutes of non-studying.  Maybe even go out and get drunk with the lads after that.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:24 pm

You of all people should know I would never ingest alcohol. Rolling Eyes
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:40 pm

SBSP wrote:You of all people should know I would never ingest alcohol. Rolling Eyes
    Agreed, it is a disgusting killer. Rolling Eyes
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 pm

Nice coincidence Glen as I downloaded Grand Budapest Hotel last night, though I havent yet watched
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Glen Miller wrote:I finally watched a Wes Anderson film after Zzonked's recommendation.  Rushmore was very good, 8/10. I could listen to the soundtrack for the rest of my life as well.

Rushmore is my favourite one. I have a few of the songs from that on my phone, favourite is the Kinks - Nothing in this World.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 am

Sean wrote:Nice coincidence Glen as I downloaded Grand Budapest Hotel last night, though I havent yet watched
    Saw that in cinemas. Quite entertaining. Ralph Fiennes is brilliant.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:14 am

Sean wrote:Nice coincidence Glen as I downloaded Grand Budapest Hotel last night, though I havent yet watched

I'm going to watch it today.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:34 am

Grand Budapest was entertaining, but if I had to choose a favorite Wes Anderson movie it would be between The Royal Tenenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom. I'd put Rushmore at a close third.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 am

Stranger wrote:

I'm going to watch it today.

Enjoyed it.

The only Wes Anderson movie I've watched. Smile
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:08 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:I finally watched a Wes Anderson film after Zzonked's recommendation.  Rushmore was very good, 8/10. I could listen to the soundtrack for the rest of my life as well.

Rushmore is my favourite one. I have a few of the songs from that on my phone, favourite is the Kinks - Nothing in this World.
    Ooh La La by The Faces is always poignant as well.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I watched The Darjeeling Limited tonight.  Not as good as Rushmore, but still very effective in creating that unique blend of sadness/hope/contentedness when the film ended.

It also had 3 of my favourite Kinks songs. not worthy
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Zzonked wrote:Think dis is gonna be good.

I love how his hair stays perfect no matter what the situation is.

Saw that new Denzel movie - The Equalizer. It was okay. A lot more cliche than I hoped.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 am

I watched Pineapple Express last night. It has a great cast, but too bad it wasn't that funny.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 am

FCB wrote:I watched Pineapple Express last night. It has a great cast, but too bad it wasn't that funny.
    I don't think that there are many funny films specifically made as comedies.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:36 am

I think Pineapple Express is really funny, but it's more in the subtle dialogue and rhythm rather than the actual jokes.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Also I watched Edge of Tomorrow and it's really really good. Would definitely recommend it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:32 am

Yep, very underrated movie.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 pm

I just came back from watching The Equalizer. Good movie and I would recommend it if you like movies such as Taken. It's not as great as Taken and it did feel long (it's 2 hours and 12 minutes).

I want to watch A Walk Among the Tombstones.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Apparently Cumberbatch has the Oscar in the bag.  About time.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 pm

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Glen Miller wrote:Apparently Cumberbatch has the Oscar in the bag.  About time.
    This makes me unbelievably excited for The Imitation Game.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Edge of Tomorrow was pretty sweet. Was not expecting anything special when i started watching. Had never heard of it prior to watching.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:30 am