Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Sean
Grenade
dena
Scuba Steve
FCB
Zzonked
Scott_LFC
ResurrectionRooney
Dagbon
ayvee1
Clark
Yrael
Iscquin
Keyser Söze
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Juvendinho
TheRangersFan
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
SophisticatedBeggar
Phadunkin Donuts
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
28 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Stranger Sun May 18, 2014 3:47 am

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Zzonked Sun May 18, 2014 5:05 am

I refuse to watch trailers for movies I will definitely see anyway. They don't even care about not spoiling the film anymore, they just want to sell tickets.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun May 18, 2014 6:26 am

I only ever watch the previews they show in the cinema. I really hate trailers nowadays.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 18, 2014 7:23 am

Zzonked wrote:I refuse to watch trailers for movies I will definitely see anyway. They don't even care about not spoiling the film anymore, they just want to sell tickets.

Been doing this for years, increasingly difficult to avoid though.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 12:20 am

Zzonked wrote:I refuse to watch trailers for movies I will definitely see anyway. They don't even care about not spoiling the film anymore, they just want to sell tickets.

What else did you think trailers were for?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

What else did you think trailers were for?

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to sell tickets, I'm saying they just don't have to give away big portions of the plot to do that. If anything that makes me want to see the film less.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed May 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Haven't posted in here in a while. shifty

At home - The Fighter, Lost in Translation, No Country for Old Men, Looper, and Reservoir Dogs.

In cinemas:

Grand Budapest Hotel - Weird, but also entertaining.
    Captain America 2 - Probably the best Marvel movie after Iron Man.
    Godzilla - Surprisingly thoughtful. Glad that they didn't dumb it down too much.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed May 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Reservoir Dogs is excellent, the tipping speech Mr Pink gives is  clap 

No Country for Old Men was all build up then nothing.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:Reservoir Dogs is excellent, the tipping speech Mr Pink gives is  clap 

That is intentional in No Country for Old Men, the fact that Moss is killed off screen is the biggest part of that.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed May 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Reservoir Dogs is excellent, the tipping speech Mr Pink gives is  clap 

That is intentional in No Country for Old Men, the fact that Moss is killed off screen is the biggest part of that.

I don't mean "nothing" in that that way. I mean it introduced a lot of interesting elements in the plot but it never really ran with any of them, that was probably intentional as well but I was left a disappointed because of it . Maybe I was just expecting it to be a little more like Fargo.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Thu May 29, 2014 4:49 am

Watched Hunger. Was good.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu May 29, 2014 6:01 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

I don't mean "nothing" in that that way. I mean it introduced a lot of interesting elements in the plot but it never really ran with any of them, that was probably intentional as well but I was left a disappointed because of it . Maybe I was just expecting it to be a little more like Fargo.
    I felt the same way. It was good, but I wanted a little more out of it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlU5XcYH8m4
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 29, 2014 10:51 am

SBSP wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlU5XcYH8m4

+1 courier strength
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:37 am

Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Truman Show, Trading Places, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, and Caddyshack.

In cinemas:

X-Men: Days of Future Past - really good. Possibly the best X-Men movie to date.
    The Fault in Our Stars - I wept. Satisfying adaptation.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:15 pm

The Double-Extremely weird and depressing, but an exceptional film.  One of my FOAT.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:42 pm

SBSP wrote:Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Truman Show, Trading Places, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, and Caddyshack.

In cinemas:

X-Men: Days of Future Past - really good. Possibly the best X-Men movie to date.
    The Fault in Our Stars - I wept. Satisfying adaptation.

Did you stay until after the credits in X-men?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:19 am

Yes. I didn't really understand it though.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:56 am

I didn't I had to google it. It probably wasn't worth it, the credits were really long. Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:14 am

I spent the credits explaining stuff to my dad. :lol:I don't think he's seen any of the movies since they came out.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:10 am

Just watched Grand Budapest hotel, bretty good. Not my favourite Wes Anderson, but it's up to his standards for sure.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:21 am

Just watched Calvary, my favourite film I watched this year easily.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 am

Zzonked wrote:Just watched Calvary, my favourite film I watched this year easily.

Just downloaded it with the intent of watching it as well. As good as In Bruges?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:03 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Just watched Calvary, my favourite film I watched this year easily.

Just downloaded it with the intent of watching it as well. As good as In Bruges?

Less of a comedy, more of a drama than In Bruges. I think it's better, but I prefer dramatic cinema more than comedy I think.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 pm

At home - Good Morning Vietnam, Quiz Show, Galaxy Quest, Zodiac, How to Train Your Dragon

Cinemas - Edge of Tomorrow, How to Train Your Dragon 2
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:04 pm

hah I watched Galaxy Quest recently.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 am

Seven Psychopaths. It was average. The plot felt all over the place and I don't think it was as clever as it tried to be, but it was kind of funny.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:28 am

Found Seven Psychopaths very disappointing.  Not least because they killed their best two actors in the first couple of minutes.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 am

Edge of Tomorrow, 22 Jump Street
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:14 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

So you didn't download it just for the sake of it?  Thanks for clearing that up.  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 pm