Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Marvin
PrideOfTheMidlands
Glen Miller
Grenade
Andy
Cam
luke.
Ra's al Ghul
Yrael
Zzonked
JamieB
Carlos Jenkinson
Theo Filippo
El Jefe
Ben 10
menalawyerguy
Forest
Danny
22 posters

England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30

Post by Glen Miller Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:30 am

Cam wrote:We're gonna win the world cup
    I do not think we will win it, but I do feel that we can make the quarterfinals again and prove that we are still one of the top eight sides in the world.
    benqbiggis

England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30

Post by benqbiggis Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 am

england won't win the WC because beat a weak brazilian team

but england impressed me touching the ball and not playing that typical english football crossing balls like in the past
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 am

Cleverley and Lennon were pretty poor, the rest of the team played alright. Even Cahill did well despite his errors.

We're gonna win the world cup, we beat the 18th best team in the world!
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08 am

Moriarty wrote:
    Cam wrote:We're gonna win the world cup
    I do not think we will win it, but I do feel that we can make the quarterfinals again and prove that we are still one of the top eight sides in the world.
    The quarters, get in!
    Grenade wrote:Cleverley and Lennon were pretty poor, the rest of the team played alright. Even Cahill did well despite his errors.

Cleverley didn't exactly do anything wrong, and Lennon hardly had the ball.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 am

Danny wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:I do not think we will win it, but I do feel that we can make the quarterfinals again and prove that we are still one of the top eight sides in the world.
    The quarters, get in!
    That would be a superb accomplishment. England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 894246 We have 2-3 players capable of dribbling the ball intelligently (Johnson & Wilshere & maybe Rooney), and we will hopefully start with Smalling & Caulker, a good but inexperienced back line. We have a number of good players, but we cannot compete with the likes of Italy/Spain/Germany etc, so reaffirming our status as a top 8 team would be fantastic.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:46 am

Moriarty wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    The quarters, get in!
    That would be a superb accomplishment. England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 894246 We have 2-3 players capable of dribbling the ball intelligently (Johnson & Wilshere & maybe Rooney), and we will hopefully start with Smalling & Caulker, a good but inexperienced back line. We have a number of good players, but we cannot compete with the likes of Italy/Spain/Germany etc, so reaffirming our status as a top 8 team would be fantastic.
    The quarters is the minimum we should be getting to in every tournament, it isn't any "superb" at all.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 am

Danny wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:That would be a superb accomplishment. England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 894246 We have 2-3 players capable of dribbling the ball intelligently (Johnson & Wilshere & maybe Rooney), and we will hopefully start with Smalling & Caulker, a good but inexperienced back line. We have a number of good players, but we cannot compete with the likes of Italy/Spain/Germany etc, so reaffirming our status as a top 8 team would be fantastic.
    The quarters is the minimum we should be getting to in every tournament, it isn't any "superb" at all.

Are you retarded?
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 am

Ronaldinho looked bad with that penalty miss, I think he blew his chance to get on the 2014 final roster.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:00 am

Danny wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:That would be a superb accomplishment. England vs Brazil. International Friendly. ITV 19:30 - Page 4 894246 We have 2-3 players capable of dribbling the ball intelligently (Johnson & Wilshere & maybe Rooney), and we will hopefully start with Smalling & Caulker, a good but inexperienced back line. We have a number of good players, but we cannot compete with the likes of Italy/Spain/Germany etc, so reaffirming our status as a top 8 team would be fantastic.
    What right do we have to reach the semifinals? We have an inferior squad, inferior starting XI, most likely an inferior manager, although I do believe that Hodgson will get the best out of the team & ensure we scrape our way through a few rounds.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 am

getting to the quarters would be a superb achievement for England
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Danny wrote:The quarters is the minimum we should be getting to in every tournament, it isn't any "superb" at all.

Are you retarded?
    Forgive me for thinking we should at least get to the quarters of a major tournament (something I've seen us do 4 times in 5 tournaments). How silly of me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

Spain, Italy, Argentina, Germany, France and Brazil are all ahead of England so I agree that the quarters is a great achievement Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

19Jones19v wrote:Spain, Italy, Argentina, Germany, France and Brazil are all ahead of England so I agree that the quarters is a great achievement Laughing
    I would probably argue that Portugal & Uruguay should be added to the list, simply because they have attackers that would embarrass our central defense.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:27 am

Danny wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Are you retarded?
    Forgive me for thinking we should at least get to the quarters of a major tournament (something I've seen us do 4 times in 5 tournaments). How silly of me.

If progression to the quarter finals is the minimum then surely progression to the semi-finals should only be slightly better than that, no? According to you, it is basically a somewhat frequent occurrence. Now, please tell me how many times you've witnessed England progress to the semi-finals of any major tournament.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Danny wrote:Forgive me for thinking we should at least get to the quarters of a major tournament (something I've seen us do 4 times in 5 tournaments). How silly of me.

If progression to the quarter finals is the minimum then surely progression to the semi-finals should only be slightly better than that, no? According to you, it is basically a somewhat frequent occurrence. Now, please tell me how many times you've witnessed England progress to the semi-finals of any major tournament.
    Where have I said us getting into the semis is a frequent occurrence?
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

Danny your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You must have had a difficult time at primary school
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 am

Moriarty wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Spain, Italy, Argentina, Germany, France and Brazil are all ahead of England so I agree that the quarters is a great achievement Laughing
    I would probably argue that Portugal & Uruguay should be added to the list, simply because they have attackers that would embarrass our central defense.
    I would agree, but some members would start to slate me for it, if that's the case then we should include The Netherlands and Belgium.

Chip wrote:Danny your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You must have had a difficult time at primary school
    Laughing
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 am

Danny wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Where have I said us getting into the semis is a frequent occurrence?

You said that the quarter-finals is the minimum. Minimum meaning :
    The least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required.

So I'm assuming that one step further than that should only be a slight upgrade to the minimum. Hence, I would surely think that the next stage is attainable on a somewhat frequent level. And seeing as England have not managed to reach the semi-finals of any major competition since 1996, then you're basically talking out of your anus.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Danny wrote:Where have I said us getting into the semis is a frequent occurrence?

You said that the quarter-finals is the minimum. Minimum meaning :
    The least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required.

So I'm assuming that one step further than that should only be a slight upgrade to the minimum. Hence, I would surely think that the next stage is attainable on a somewhat frequent level. And seeing as England have not managed to reach the semi-finals of any major competition since 1996, then you're basically talking out of your anus.
    Well seen as it's been so long since we've made a semi final, that would be a good achievement compared to the quarter finals and no more, which I've seen us do in almost every single tournament I can remember.

I'm not saying we have a god-given right to get past the quarter finals, but seen as we get to the quarters so often, surely it isn't too much to expect that for once we could actually win one?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am

Danny wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:I do not think we will win it, but I do feel that we can make the quarterfinals again and prove that we are still one of the top eight sides in the world.
    The quarters, get in!
    Grenade wrote:Cleverley and Lennon were pretty poor, the rest of the team played alright. Even Cahill did well despite his errors.

Cleverley didn't exactly do anything wrong, and Lennon hardly had the ball.

Yes he did, Cleverley was quite poor and kinda lucky not to get sent off and concede a penalty. He made some very poor passes too and his general play wasn't great. Lennon wasn't on the ball because he wasn't getting into good positions and was trying to use pace alone to threaten their defence.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 am

Why would it be a good achievement to barely exceed the minimum? scratch

Or maybe the reality of the situation is that reaching the quarter finals is actually not the minimum and is actually quite close to the maximum that England can achieve, especially when you consider that there are most definitely four teams, at the very least, that are superior to them in almost every department.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 am

Chip wrote:Danny your reading comprehension skills are lacking. You must have had a difficult time at primary school

I said something like this 4 hours ago Laughing
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 am

France and Brazil aren't ahead of us at all. I'd say we're equal with Argentina though
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Forest wrote:

France and Brazil aren't ahead of us at all. I'd say we're equal with Argentina though
    You really think you're equal with Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore, Higuian, Lavezzi? With that attack they don't need quality defenders Laughing
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 pm

19Jones19v wrote:
    Forest wrote:

You really think you're equal with Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore, Higuian, Lavezzi? With that attack they don't need quality defenders Laughing

Yes. You can't play 7 attackers at once can you? They haven't exactly been brilliant these days either. No better than we are.

As for France, they're the most overrated piece of shit ever. Since Blanc took over they've become that team that football snobs seem to wank over and think they're something amazing. They got a lucky draw against us at the Euro's but we showed who's boss by topping the group. When they were better than us a few years ago they'd have topped that group no problem. But now, they're shit and not fit enough to be spoken in the same sentence as England.

It seems people just love to underrate the national team. We are so high in the rankings because we deserve to be and are better than them ajority of the teams in the world.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Forest wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:You really think you're equal with Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore, Higuian, Lavezzi? With that attack they don't need quality defenders Laughing

Yes. You can't play 7 attackers at once can you? They haven't exactly been brilliant these days either. No better than we are.

As for France, they're the most overrated piece of shit ever. Since Blanc took over they've become that team that football snobs seem to wank over and think they're something amazing. They got a lucky draw against us at the Euro's but we showed who's boss by topping the group. When they were better than us a few years ago they'd have topped that group no problem. But now, they're shit and not fit enough to be spoken in the same sentence as England.

It seems people just love to underrate the national team. We are so high in the rankings because we deserve to be and are better than them ajority of the teams in the world.
    We're not much better than France but I agree with the rest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:26 pm