Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jorlung
Childish Logic
CollieBuddz
Glen Miller
Yrael
Theo Filippo
AndItsKoren!
11 posters

Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this

AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this Empty Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 am

?
    From Wikipedia about Religion in the UK

63% claimed they are not religious with just 33% claiming they are.

My opinion is the majority aren't religious, so the religious people should abide by any rule given to them or leave the country.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this Empty Re: Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 am

Yeah, fuck the churches.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this Empty Re: Same sex marriages, should churches be forced to accept this

Post by Yrael Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:My opinion is the majority aren't religious, so the religious people should abide by any rule given to them or leave the country.

That is a retarded opinion.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:63% claimed they are not religious with just 33% claiming they are.

My opinion is the majority aren't religious, so the religious people should abide by any rule given to them or leave the country.
    What?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Are mentally disabled people allowed to marry?

If so then I see no reason why gays shouldn't either.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:49 pm

No, churches shouldn't be forced to do anything they don't want too. You don't have to get married in a church.

Fuck you don't need religion to get married in the slightest.

CollieBuddz wrote:Are mentally disabled people allowed to marry?

If so then I see no reason why gays shouldn't either.

Laughing
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm

But Churches nowadays are used for marriages. More people visit churches because of a marriage than people who visit churches to do a bit of praying.

The credibility of the church has gone down seeing as they let any heterosexual couple get married there, no matter what they think about god and Christianity.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:But Churches nowadays are used for marriages. More people visit churches because of a marriage than people who visit churches to do a bit of praying.

The credibility of the church has gone down seeing as they let any heterosexual couple get married there, no matter what they think about god and Christianity.

The church isn't public property. They can let anyone they want marry on the grounds.

It's exactly the same as me not allowing people to marry in my back yard.

AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

But homophobia is illegal. Whether someone is gay or not, they can still have the same disrespect for any religion.

I hate religion, but I know if I get married it'll be in a church.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:28 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:But homophobia is illegal. Whether someone is gay or not, they can still have the same disrespect for any religion.

I hate religion, but I know if I get married it'll be in a church.

refusing to have a ceremony on your property is not homophobia.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 pm

How is it not? They are discriminating based on the fact they are homosexuals. It's like legal discrimination.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Either way I think it's time the church allowed gay marriage. Most thiest I know are accepting of gay marriage (not those sterotypical Westboro Church Christians), so there's no reason the church shouldn't be. Of course the Bible says gay marriage is wrong, but it also says that if a women commits adultery that she should be executed and her blood drained (blood draining might be beastiality actually...) but either way, many things have been changed from the "rules" in the Bible, so why can't we change this one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:52 am

Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

Childish Logic wrote:
    AndItsKoren! wrote:But Churches nowadays are used for marriages. More people visit churches because of a marriage than people who visit churches to do a bit of praying.

The church isn't public property. They can let anyone they want marry on the grounds.

Another retarded opinion. Using this logic a church can say they only want to allow white couples to be married and because it's not public property no one can do anything about it.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 am

Let them do what they want, they're not hurting anybody.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am

There is a deeper issue in this with Churches and Marriage being a part of public property and giving special rights.

No i don't think Churches should be forced to do it if they are private entities, in a number of countries they are publicly paid for through taxes. If you are unable to refuse to pay for church or religion then yes it should be forced by the government as they become a government institution on level with City halls and such.

In the thought that they should be private institutions they shouldn't be forced to marry/baptize/bury anyone that isn't a member or following the rules of that church (they are rules not beliefs)

In Denmark its a special tax that you can opt out of (Paying for Priests salary, church events so on) i have done that as soon as i turned 18 and with that I'd have to pay extra if i wanted to get married in a church here or pay for membership again. However the whole idea of marriage providing legal benefits is just as about disgusting to me as having government mandated religion.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't know about your Church but mine only marries people who are regular attenders. If the Priest here doesn't recognize you then he will not marry you or even let you have a funeral in the Church.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Yrael wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

Another retarded opinion. Using this logic a church can say they only want to allow white couples to be married and because it's not public property no one can do anything about it.

They can do whatever the fuck they wanna do on their own property as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

If they want to be nudists on their property, then they can.

Human rights and all that jazz. Ownership gives you power to do what you want.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:49 am

Shouldn't be forced to if they don't want to. Not exactly fair to force them to do something that their religion (however wrong and fucked up I think it is) says is morally wrong. Should be down to each church or religious building to make up their own mind regarding gay marriage.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:31 pm