Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Kie_LFC
Kuled
Jeff
samiz
Zzonked
Bushido
wellz
George
Jordan Henderchip
Cam
Jorlung
Glen Miller
AndItsKoren!
El_indian
Forest
Childish Logic
20 posters

Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm.

Anonymous

Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm. Empty Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Don't know how we've gone 7/8 games unbeaten, it's almost unheard of these days for Liverpool. Usually, within every 2/3 games, there's a defeat wedged in there. I like how we've become more difficult to beat, but obviously, I'm not too impressed with how the majority of those games were draws. You could say we should be grateful we haven't tasted defeat since playing Man United at home, which seems like quite a while ago now.

Spurs, on the other hand, went through a patch of 3 defeats on the bounce, iirc, but won last weekend.

Saying that White Hart Lane is a bogey ground for us these days is an understatement. I can't remember the last time we won there (expecting a google/wiki-fanboy to post it for us). So, I think we'll continue that trend and slip to defeat, yet again.

Going to say 2-0 or 3-1 to Spurs.

After this, we have a relatively 'easy' run through the Christmas period, so hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we'll pick up some points there.
    Anonymous

Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm. Empty Re: Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Hopefully a draw.

I'll go for 2-2.

Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm. Zyzz
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm. Empty Re: Tottenham vs Liverpool | Match Thread | Weds 7:45pm.

Post by Childish Logic Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Thank you almighty zyzz bird
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 pm

S. wrote:Don't know how we've gone 7/8 games unbeaten
    How many were actually draws?
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Thank you Zyzz bird
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm

We got this
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    S. wrote:Don't know how we've gone 7/8 games unbeaten
    How many were actually draws?

3 wins 5 draws, and i would be happy if we even picked up a point at Tottenham.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Brendan Rodgers is a poor defensive manager. He is playing as defensive as Stoke and West Ham, so boring.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 pm

WHAT?

He's not a defensive manager!

We just play around with the ball at back too much.

Not sure if you watch football...
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

The best way to defend is by not letting the opposition have the ball. He was poor at Watford and Reading, defensive at Swansea and now defensive + poor at Liverpool. Look at Swansea now, play much more attacking under Laurdrup. Not only that, he is a moron. He takes all the credit for the way Swansea played when it wasn't even him who started it, he just tweaked the system to be more defensive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:The best way to defend is by not letting the opposition have the ball. He was poor at Watford and Reading, defensive at Swansea and now defensive + poor at Liverpool. Look at Swansea now, play much more attacking under Laurdrup. Not only that, he is a moron. He takes all the credit for the way Swansea played when it wasn't even him who started it, he just tweaked the system to be more defensive.

The best way to play good football ... is to have good players, that's currently a problem. But even still, he's doing a good job.

And it doesn't look set to change as apparently the board aren't willing to spend much money because of Kenny's antics.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 pm

AndItsKoren! wrote:The best way to defend is by not letting the opposition have the ball. He was poor at Watford and Reading, defensive at Swansea and now defensive + poor at Liverpool. Look at Swansea now, play much more attacking under Laurdrup. Not only that, he is a moron. He takes all the credit for the way Swansea played when it wasn't even him who started it, he just tweaked the system to be more defensive.

But we don't have players who can keep the ball..

Also we haven't really seen the pressing game yet. Jordan Henderson who works harder than the others has been played more the past few games for i think that reason (to press).
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm

not worthy

A mid table finish at a mid table Watford side. Zola and Dyche have done just as well as him.

Sacked by Reading for putting a title chasing team in a relegation battle. McDermott has shown he is a superior manager by hauling them up the table from around Christmas time, and then winning the league the season after.

At Swansea, as you said, he tweaked the system a little bit. Martinez got the ball rolling there, Sousa carried on his good work, and Rodgers just got them over the line which was going to be inevitable some time soon any way.

Rodgers is all talk with his philosophy bullshit. He just lives off Mourinho's name by mentioning the fact that he worked under him at Chelsea in nearly every interview he gives.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:Brendan Rodgers is a poor defensive manager. He is playing as defensive as Stoke and West Ham, so boring.

Swansea vs Liverpool
    Shots: 21

Liverpool vs Wigan
    Shots: 22

Chelsea vs Liverpool
    Shots: 9

Liverpool vs Newcastle
    Shots: 20

Liverpool vs Everton
    Shots: 12

Liverpool vs Reading
    Shots: 23

Liverpool vs Stoke
    Shots: 16

Norwich vs Liverpool
    Shots: 16

Liverpool vs Man United
    Shots: 13

Sunderland vs Liverpool
    Shots: 20

Liverpool vs Man City
    Shots: 15

Anyway, you get my drift. Rodgers hasn't had us playing defensively at all. We've been a very attacking team, with Johnson and Enrique/Widsom bombing forward at every possible opportunity. We've had more shots than our opponents in nearly every single PL match so far and in a large percentage of the games, we've registered 20 shots or more.

The reason we haven't scored as many as we should, is because we need more firepower.

Stop talking out of your arse, please.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 am

So 6 out of 11 times you've been defensive. And even then, the majority of these shots are by a player who has either created the chance for someone else or created the chance for himself rather than it being a team attack.

When Chelsea sign Suarez my point will be highlighted even more.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:So 6 out of 11 times you've been defensive. And even then, the majority of these shots are by a player who has either created the chance for someone else or created the chance for himself rather than it being a team attack.

When Chelsea sign Suarez my point will be highlighted even more.

Lol wut.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 am

Pot shots from 50 yards by Gerrard. Rolling Eyes
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

The 0-0 last season was the highest quality 0-0 I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I cannot see us turning up tomorrow, it will be 2-0 or 3-0 Tottenham with Jermaine Defoe peppering Skrtel's Angus and Bale doing likewise to Andre Wisdom. facepalm
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 am

Bale vs Wisdom will be interesting Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:18 am

Last I heard, Widsom was injured.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 am

S. wrote:Last I heard, Widsom was injured.
    I think he is fit and could play.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 am

Not really looking forward to the game, although Tottenham under AVB don't seem to be as good as they were with Redknapp, so i'm not sure what'll happen. Since we're away, I expect us to lose.

2-0
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 am

Can see Liverpool winning tomorrow 2-0 shock result, Suarez double.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 am

Alan wrote:
    S. wrote:Last I heard, Widsom was injured.
    I think he is fit and could play.
    Bale against less than 100% Wisdom will be even more interesting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 am

Game isn't even on Sky. Poor.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

S. wrote:Anyway, you get my drift. Rodgers hasn't had us playing defensively at all. We've been a very attacking team, with Johnson and Enrique/Widsom bombing forward at every possible opportunity. We've had more shots than our opponents in nearly every single PL match so far and in a large percentage of the games, we've registered 20 shots or more.

The reason we haven't scored as many as we should, is because we need more firepower.

Stop talking out of your arse, please.

Wisdom does not "bomb forward".
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Thank you
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:51 pm

That is true. Roberto Martínez started the 'Swanselona' philosophy at Swansea.

Still, I'm looking forward to this match. I think we will win. 2-1.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Swansea were playing pretty good football last year. More attractive than Norwich and QPR by far.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:43 am

Jorlung wrote:Swansea were playing pretty good football last year. More attractive than Norwich and QPR by far.

Which doesn't say much when Warnock, defensive Hughes and hoof ball Lambert managed those teams..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:24 pm