Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Childish Logic
Jorlung
AndItsKoren!
PrideOfTheMidlands
Carlos Jenkinson
Yrael
crump
dena
Cam
Forest
14 posters

The Society of Black Lawyers

dena
    dena

The Society of Black Lawyers - Page 2 Empty Re: The Society of Black Lawyers

Post by dena Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 am

The SBL website looks more Muslim than Black to me, they use a red/black/white color scheme and all the pictures/name looks Muslim.

Interesting.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 pm

dena wrote:The SBL website looks more Muslim than Black to me, they use a red/black/white color scheme and all the pictures/name looks Muslim.

Interesting.

As Muslims they should not be excluding people because of race.

wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 am

Society of Black Lawyers, playing the race card since 1968
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 am

Childish Logic wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:Because white people have so much discrimination against them that they need to bring awareness to?

The goal is to "fight for all minorities". Which is reasonable.

What i don't understand is, why can't white people join the fight?

They don't exclude white people, there aren't white people representing because there's no need to. If you were a white lawyer why would you fight against a system that is de facto in your favour.

If the prettiest girl at your uni gave you a hug everyday and not minorities, why would you fight against it...? you get the point.

You aren't by law in the UK allowed to discriminate whatsoever, do you understand now?

Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:27 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

They don't exclude white people, there aren't white people representing because there's no need to. If you were a white lawyer why would you fight against a system that is de facto in your favour.

If the prettiest girl at your uni gave you a hug everyday and not minorities, why would you fight against it...? you get the point.

You aren't by law in the UK allowed to discriminate whatsoever, do you understand now?

I'm just going by what's been said in this thread.
    "wouldn't associate with a white lawyer"

I think that's very narrow minded and your analogy is a bad one. It isn't like a girl giving a hug to one guy, it's more like a lecturer teaching only white people and excluding the rest.

People would fight against this and people would refuse to learn from the teacher. To think people won't fight against a system that treats them better spits in the face of every white person who pushed for civil rights in america.

I wouldn't associate with a girl who judges my friends because of skin color. I don't know many people who would.

also

Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

So what you're saying is white people don't have a problem with racism because it works in their favour?
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 am

I'm just throwing out a bone here, but I doubt that many white people have applied to join the society of black lawyers.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 am

Jorlung wrote:I'm just throwing out a bone here, but I doubt that many white people have applied to join the society of black lawyers.

Just like i wouldn't apply to join a female gym.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:03 am

Yrael wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

So what you're saying is white people don't have a problem with racism because it works in their favour?

De facto yes in this case of joining "the black lawyers", obviously a majority of white people in the case of the entire planet don't think this way.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 am

Childish Logic wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

I think that's very narrow minded and your analogy is a bad one. It isn't like a girl giving a hug to one guy, it's more like a lecturer teaching only white people and excluding the rest.

People would fight against this and people would refuse to learn from the teacher. To think people won't fight against a system that treats them better spits in the face of every white person who pushed for civil rights in america.

I wouldn't associate with a girl who judges my friends because of skin color. I don't know many people who would.

also

I get what you're saying and I appreciate it but it doesn't exclude white people, there's just not much point in joining. Like I'm a quarter Jamaican, but I wouldn't go out of my way to protect like "Jamaican rights" and I'm not just some randomer off the street who has no ties to that country. However by law in this country, you can't exclude someone because of race in joining a group
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:18 am

I doubt the SBL would actually reject a white lawyer from joining their cause. They just have a certain goal in their organization and white lawyers wouldn't be interested to really join them. NZG said he wouldn't join a women's gym and I think that's a good analogy.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 am

ahlycotc wrote:I doubt the SBL would actually reject a white lawyer from joining their cause. They just have a certain goal in their organization and white lawyers wouldn't be interested to really join them. NZG said he wouldn't join a women's gym and I think that's a good analogy.

That's a fucking horrible analogy. The SBL is a group of lawyers who want to fight inequality. You don't have to be black to fight inequality. How is that in any way similar to a women's gym?

If the group was called Lawyers against Racism I'm sure white lawyers would be 'more interested' in joining it.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am

the SBL said our supporter's use of the word Yid is hurtful to Jews
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 am

Yrael wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I doubt the SBL would actually reject a white lawyer from joining their cause. They just have a certain goal in their organization and white lawyers wouldn't be interested to really join them. NZG said he wouldn't join a women's gym and I think that's a good analogy.

That's a fucking horrible analogy. The SBL is a group of lawyers who want to fight inequality. You don't have to be black to fight inequality. How is that in any way similar to a women's gym?

If the group was called Lawyers against Racism I'm sure white lawyers would be 'more interested' in joining it.

They don't have to be black to join the organization. Neutral

Like I said before, they have plenty of non-black members. Just because their name is Society of Black Lawyers doesn't mean they will not accept anyone from any other race.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Yrael wrote:

De facto yes in this case of joining "the black lawyers", obviously a majority of white people in the case of the entire planet don't think this way.

That's a disgusting view. I might as well say a majority of black people steal because they have too.

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

also

I get what you're saying and I appreciate it but it doesn't exclude white people, there's just not much point in joining. Like I'm a quarter Jamaican, but I wouldn't go out of my way to protect like "Jamaican rights" and I'm not just some randomer off the street who has no ties to that country. However by law in this country, you can't exclude someone because of race in joining a group

That's just you. I'm 100% there are people who would stand up for Jamican rights if they were being discriminated against.

ahlycotc wrote:
    Yrael wrote:

They don't have to be black to join the organization. Neutral

Like I said before, they have plenty of non-black members. Just because their name is Society of Black Lawyers doesn't mean they will not accept anyone from any other race.

but apparently no white members and the name "black lawyers" also the fact that they say on their website they are a society of black,carraibbean and asian lawyers is off putting to any not of those races to join.

Also my analogy of not joining a woman's gym might of been misinterpreted.

What i mean is.

If i am looking for a gym and i walk past a gym that says woman's gym,blacks gym or whatever. I won't join it. They are obviously targeting a certain group which is racist in itself which is what i was referring to at the start of this.

Racism stills exists because of groups like this which are obviously only for certain people. If this was for whites,carraibeans and Asian layers. We would have strikes against this group because it's racist.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 pm

You said it yourself, they are targeting certain people. That doesn't mean they think people of other races are not worthy. To say they are racist is just plain wrong.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

ahlycotc wrote:You said it yourself, they are targeting certain people. That doesn't mean they think people of other races are not worthy. To say they are racist is just plain wrong.

It creates division. Which creates racism.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 am

Childish Logic wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

That's a disgusting view. I might as well say a majority of black people steal because they have too.

That's just you. I'm 100% there are people who would stand up for Jamican rights if they were being discriminated against.

Well yes duh, but I'm not quite sure on what you're trying to say. I don't get the "disgusting view either"
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:26 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

I just want to say. Your sig totally fucking got me. rofl damn.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 am

Bushido wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:

I just want to say. Your sig totally fucking got me. rofl damn.

me too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:25 am