Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
VivaRonaldoLAD
Harrold
coolhead33
fluffy_kittens
Cam
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
Gegilworld93
SBSP
Bye_Ya
George
ayvee1
crump
Danny
ShakerMatty
The Bat-Man
Uncle John from Jamaica
chiboygeorge
Weather130
23 posters

the revived kits in public thread

Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

the revived kits in public thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the revived kits in public thread

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 am

Cam wrote:Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? shifty
    I think it's even stranger when anyone over the age of about 13 has a replica shirt with a players name on. Especially fully grown men, I find that really weird. Laughing
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

the revived kits in public thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the revived kits in public thread

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:
    Cam wrote:Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? shifty
    I think it's even stranger when anyone over the age of about 13 has a replica shirt with a players name on. Especially fully grown men, I find that really weird. Laughing

WTF? the back of shirts look too fucking plain without a number/name
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 am

I don't think that's too bad.

What's worse, is that I saw a middle aged/old fat bloke last month in full Liverpool kit. facepalm

This season's shirt, last seasons shorts too.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:22 am

Yeah, I don't like shirts without names on them though.

I also think it's a bit shit getting your own name on the back of a shirt cos IMO, it seems arrogant, especially if you're like me and shit at football. Laughing
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 am

I had an England shirt with my name on the back when I was like 7/8, only time I've had my name on a shirt. shifty To me it just looks a little cheesy.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 am

Cam wrote:Yeah, I don't like shirts without names on them though.

I also think it's a bit shit getting your own name on the back of a shirt cos IMO, it seems arrogant, especially if you're like me and shit at football. Laughing
    I'm the other way. I think it's like you're trying to impersonate the player if you get their name. I'm not Becchio, I'm a 20 year old Englishman who's awful at football and would much rather watch from the stands. Not to mention it costs like £20 extra, and on top of all that the player might leave or change his number so it's already old hat after a season.

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 am

I've only had Ronaldo on last season's Madrid shirt, and Rooney on the 2006-2008 England shirt.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:39 am

I'm the other way. I think it's like you're trying to impersonate the player if you get their name. I'm not Becchio, I'm a 20 year old Englishman who's awful at football and would much rather watch from the stands. Not to mention it costs like £20 extra, and on top of all that the player might leave or change his number so it's already old hat after a season.

If you're lucky you'll find shirts in-store with printing already on, isn't that much more expensive.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 am

Danny wrote:

If you're lucky you'll find shirts in-store with printing already on, isn't that much more expensive.
    With Ken Bates in charge, you must be having a laugh! Doesn't affect me though, I haven't had a replica shirt since we were last in the Championship before the league 1 era. I am thinking of getting this season's away shirt, I work a few minute drive from the club shop at the moment so I'll just wait till I have a spare 40 quid.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:53 am

I find it funny when you see people with players on their shirts who have never or will never play for them. Laughing
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 am

If the kit has a collar.. I think it looks good without a name on the back.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am

I agree with everything you said.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 am

I just find it annoying. If I see a guy with a Premier League club shirt on, and see sleeve badges, I have a look at the back of it to see what player's on it. I don't give a fuck what your name is.

Find it annoying when they have the sleeve badges on but nothing on the back too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 am

I get why people get players' names on the back, it's pretty much just because they're a fan of that club and/or player. Nothing wrong with that. It's a lot easier to get it done nowadays too - like someone's already said, many are pre-printed in club shops and some have the transfers pre-done too rather than doing it letter by letter. They used to charge you per letter & per number as well, glad they don't do that anymore.

That said, a lot of it all depends on the kit. Some kits look plain without them (like striped kits that purposely have a plain back for names & numbers) but some don't look as good because the club uses a shitty font or something.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 am

Agreed. Arsenal fans, for example, wont want to wear last seasons top if they had v. Persie put on it. If it's blank they can wear it for years to come.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 am

I guess, I only get players that I like on the back, like I got a Lucas shirt this season cos he's one of my favorite liverpool players. I also like getting players which you don't see as much. With Liverpool it would be Gerrard and Torres so I got a Kuyt shirt. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:44 am

National team shirts are the best to get names on since they can't switch countries hehe
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

ayvee1 wrote:

Agreed. Arsenal fans, for example, wont want to wear last seasons top if they had v. Persie put on it. If it's blank they can wear it for years to come.

that's the fun of getting a name though, you have to do research and decide which players you like and who is going to be around the longest
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:54 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:Agreed. Arsenal fans, for example, wont want to wear last seasons top if they had v. Persie put on it. If it's blank they can wear it for years to come.

that's the fun of getting a name though, you have to do research and decide which players you like and who is going to be around the longest
    That does sound like great fun!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:Agreed. Arsenal fans, for example, wont want to wear last seasons top if they had v. Persie put on it. If it's blank they can wear it for years to come.

I thought that'd be a good idea when I got Bojan's name on the back of the shirt with the added incentive of not having the same shirt as 7983753982 other people (and all the people in front of me in the queue were asking for Pique sobbing)

...he left 2 months later.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 am

I really dont understand this thread.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

Pico wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

I thought that'd be a good idea when I got Bojan's name on the back of the shirt with the added incentive of not having the same shirt as 7983753982 other people (and all the people in front of me in the queue were asking for Pique sobbing)

Pique on a Barca shirt, and not Messi? eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

Danny wrote:
    Pico wrote:

Pique on a Barca shirt, and not Messi? eek

I found that odd too, massive queue and nobody asked for Messi Laughing All Pique & custom ones.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:19 am

Pico wrote:
    Danny wrote:Pique on a Barca shirt, and not Messi? eek

I found that odd too, massive queue and nobody asked for Messi Laughing All Pique & custom ones.
    Pretty much all I saw on holiday were Messi Barcelona shirts. Swear some old bloke looked at me disapprovingly because I had my Madrid top on, and his kid had a Barca one on. Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 am

Saw a Nasri France home shirt, a Bayern Munich home, and a Mexican home today.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 am

Long names are fun too bad when I got a Celtic top a few years ago I got a Shunsuke Nakamura top rather than Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am

Seen a few in Florida;

Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Aldershot, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 am

Pico wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:

You were just unlucky lol but whenever my roommate and I buy shirts we always debate who's name to get on the back its kind of funny. For instance, after Crouch scored against Milan in the CL a few years back he was about to order a Crouch shirt and I talked him out of it, he owes me for saving him some frustration.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Today was Croatian Day at the park I work at so we had a ton of Croatian national team jerseys some blank and other not. We also had a random Hamburg shirt. Final note today is Croatian American women are so fine. They did distract me for a bit.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Got to get an Austin shirt. MASSSSIIVVVVEEE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:27 pm