Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
VivaRonaldoLAD
Harrold
coolhead33
fluffy_kittens
Cam
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
Gegilworld93
SBSP
Bye_Ya
George
ayvee1
crump
Danny
ShakerMatty
The Bat-Man
Uncle John from Jamaica
chiboygeorge
Weather130
23 posters

the revived kits in public thread

Weather130
    Weather130

the revived kits in public thread Empty the revived kits in public thread

Post by Weather130 Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Way back when I had a thread about tops and kits found in public. This thread is long gone so I created this one. What is considered a "public" location, well that is certainly away from the stadium and any kit store. I shall start now with a shirt I saw from a rather odd team. Today I saw a Gefle IF shirt who are a team from Sweden. The really odd thing is this team is horrible and it was just a standard white kit, it did not look to be anything all that special.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

the revived kits in public thread Empty Re: the revived kits in public thread

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 pm

My first day in college on Campus last wednesday, saw this guy with Recoba Inter Milan shirt. Went over and talked to him, and found out we used to play on the same FIFA Clubs team online. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Eerie.

Saw a Great Britain Olympic football team kit a couple of weeks ago. I think it was the night after Great Britain was unceremoniously knocked out of the competition.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm

I saw a chap wearing an Exeter City shirt the other weekend which is a touch odd for round here. Laughing
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 pm

I saw a United shirt with v.Persie on the back.

Made me want to stab the guy lool
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm

I see many Leeds tops round Manchester every week.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 pm

I kept seeing Messi 10 Barca shirts on holiday. Must be some kind of law in Somerset that if you have a Barca shirt Messi has to be on it. Although I did see someone wearing one from a few years back with Henry on. shifty

On Saturday I saw United (one with van Persie on the revived kits in public thread 2156770003 ), Everton and Villa shirts.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm

I saw an AC Milan top with Kaka on the back in Wetherspoons...
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 am

Seen loads of kids wearing Barca tops with Messi on the back at a recent youth fun run.

See the occasional Liverpool and Arsenal tops on the street too.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am

I served a guy at work that was wearing a Woking 3rd kit. Weird.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:05 am

Seen a little girl with a Zidane French team shirt.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am

Saw a guy with a Man City shirt for the first time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 am

George wrote:I served a guy at work that was wearing a Woking 3rd kit. Weird.

Woking have 3 kits?
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 am

Also the other day I saw a cute girl who was probably around 20 years old wearing a David Villa Barcelona kit.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 am

I saw a teenager with a C. Ronaldo Real Madrid shirt the other day...

Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 am

Seen a couple wearing Oxford shirts on my way home from work, but I work quite near Elland Road so that's no big surprise. Did seem to be here quite early though, and not in a place where I'd usually see away fans. May have been lost. Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:25 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:I saw a teenager with a C. Ronaldo Real Madrid shirt the other day...

What's wrong with that? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 am

Saw about 10 football kits today, like every other fucking day.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 am

First shirt I saw at work was last season's Man United home shirt with 'Ferdinand 5' on the back.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 am

Danny wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:I saw a teenager with a C. Ronaldo Real Madrid shirt the other day...

What's wrong with that? shifty
    Nothing, same with the rest of the posts in here Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 am

There's someone in the crowd at the US Open wearing that awful pale green Barca away kit from a couple of years ago.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 am

Wore my Vermaelen kit once.. during a conversation a man asked if that was my last name on the back.

Neutral
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 am

Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 am

Cam wrote:Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? shifty

I did that a couple of times when I was little shifty
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 am

I'd rather have it blank than put my name on it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 am

I got my name on the second one I got. Every other one has been blank.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Danny wrote:What's wrong with that? shifty
    Nothing, same with the rest of the posts in here Laughing
    Okay, just thought you might have had something else to add with the ellipses in there. shifty
    Cam wrote:Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? shifty
    I think it's pointless. Why would you pay an extra £10-£20 to get your own name on a shirt, instead of your favourite player, for example? Of course it's mainly kids who don't pay for their own stuff who do it. lool
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Cam wrote:Am I the only one who think's it's a bit weird getting your own name put on a shirt? the revived kits in public thread 279869

Maybe if you are a kid and are playing street footie with your friends it might still make some sense. If you still have the belief you might somehow get to play professional football yourself.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 am

I was wearing a Barca shirt in a supermarket today and some Mexican dude pointed to the shirt and gave me the thumbs up. Then I realized it's because Barca have a match today
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 am

I saw a Torquay shirt a few weeks ago where I live which was random and the other day I saw a conference team or something but can't remember who it was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:24 am