Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
Gegilworld93
benqbiggis
RubyArmyCTFC
MickStupp
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Andy
Walcott
VivaRonaldoLAD
Kelloggg8
BMxJoga
LiamB_14
Cadbury
samiz
Bushido
arsenalap11
Demba Ba
Paulinho
The Zlatan
Roloman4
Keanoo
Ham.
SBSP
Ben 10
Ra's al Ghul
menalawyerguy
dena
Cam
Laurencio
Mason
Carlos Jenkinson
Forest
George
chiboygeorge
Jorlung
ShakerMatty
iSamuel
Juventino
Zzonked
Lil-Milzer-Ladd
Mustangt125
Sean
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sigurdsson
Radford
ayvee1
Kuled
Jordi
Jord
Trent
crump
57 posters

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

Anonymous

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 am

Jord wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Yes, he is an awful passer and he relied on power.
    You're terrible. Gerrard is the best passer in the England squad and probably the best passer than anyone in the Italy squad besides Pirlo.
    Laughing

Rooney's a better passer than Gerrard, more composed and a bit more accurate. In the Italian squad, It's a hard one, but Cassano's possibly a better passer than Gerrard along with De Rossi and Marchisio.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

Post by Jord Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Jord wrote:You're terrible. Gerrard is the best passer in the England squad and probably the best passer than anyone in the Italy squad besides Pirlo.
    Laughing

Rooney's a better passer than Gerrard, more composed and a bit more accurate. In the Italian squad, It's a hard one, but Cassano's possibly a better passer than Gerrard along with De Rossi and Marchisio.
    Rooney is a very good passer and has excellent vision. But he is not a better passer than Gerrard Laughing I can see where you're coming from though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Jord wrote:You're terrible. Gerrard is the best passer in the England squad and probably the best passer than anyone in the Italy squad besides Pirlo.
    An England squad that boasts Henderson and Parker, yes. He isn't a better passer than:
    Carrick
    Barry
    Lampard
    Scholes
    Wilshere

In the Italy squad he certainly isn't a better passer than De Rossi, Marchisio or Nocerino. He's probably on par with Thiago Motta.
    Gerrard has been playing in a 2 man midfield and has a great pass completion rate, has been very tidy in possession, created chances and supplied our forwards despite playing in a shit system. He is not an awful passer at all. Just admit you are wrong Ben, this is quite ridiculous and horribly stubborn of you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 am

Jord wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote: Laughing

Rooney is a very good passer and has excellent vision. But he is not a better passer than Gerrard Laughing I can see where you're coming from though.
    Fair enough, it's just my opinion.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:18 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Jord wrote:Rooney is a very good passer and has excellent vision. But he is not a better passer than Gerrard Laughing I can see where you're coming from though.
    Fair enough, it's just my opinion.
    Thats fine Laughing However according to Theo; opinions can be wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 am

mauro=beast wrote:italy has proven for the last 100 years of its dominance over its pale, ghost-like skinned opponents, england.

i am impressed at how worked up some of these guys get when i post on here. my erection enlarges when i read them say such things. this is going to be a big feast, italy shall be triumphant. we cannot be stopped

england have never played against forwards of the class of cassano, di natale and the might of balotelli. they have not gone toe to toe with a midfield of supreme technical brilliance and mastermind of pirlo and his co minions. mr hodgson, an italian football tragic will try his best to imitate our brilliance but it will fail

just like in the war of 180 ad when the mighty roman forces invaded what is now known as britain, this is going to be a slaughter of epic proportions. england once again, will bow down to their masters and this will be another trophy to add to our extremely impressive collection rock on
    England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 4 1371421_o
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 am

Jord wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Fair enough, it's just my opinion.
    Apart from his own. Hide
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 am

Chris wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Yes, he is an awful passer and he relied on power.
    So you stand by your comment that Gerrard is an awful passer despite him losing the ball less than your amazing Pirlo when this man is on fire? Laughing

Also I see you have left out the hoofball comment. I will take that as retracted.
    Yes, remember it's based on 3 games if you are going to base it on 3 games it's just as fair that I base it on one:
    Gerrard - Manchester United 2 - 1 Liverpool March 2010:
    Successful passes - 33
    Unsuccessful passes - 20

Ramires - Manchester United 3 - 1 Chelsea, September 2011:
    Successful passes - 25
    Unsuccessful passes - 9

Is Ramires a better passer than Gerrard?

No, Gerrard has always encouraged hoofball I feel more strong about that than him being an awful passer.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    So you stand by your comment that Gerrard is an awful passer despite him losing the ball less than your amazing Pirlo when this man is on fire? Laughing

Also I see you have left out the hoofball comment. I will take that as retracted.
    Yes, remember it's based on 3 games if you are going to base it on 3 games it's just as fair that I base it on one:
    Successful passes - 33
    Unsuccessful passes - 20

Successful passes - 25
    Unsuccessful passes - 9

No, Gerrard has always encouraged hoofball I feel more strong about that than him being an awful passer.

We are basing it on current form you are basing it on Gerrard having a bad performance in a singled out match.

Ridiculous again ben, he is not an awful passer at all.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 am

Keep this up Theo. We're all laughing at you Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 am

Jord wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Fair enough, it's just my opinion.
    If I held the opinion that all black people (You will probably agree with this) should be eradicated from this Earth does that make my opinion wrong? Ofcourse it does.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 am

Chris wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Yes, remember it's based on 3 games if you are going to base it on 3 games it's just as fair that I base it on one:
    Successful passes - 33
    Unsuccessful passes - 20

Successful passes - 25
    Unsuccessful passes - 9

We are basing it on current form you are basing it on Gerrard having a bad performance in a singled out match.

The current form of 3 games? Go have a look at their respective seasons, that's fairer analysis.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Chris wrote:

The current form of 3 games? Go have a look at their respective seasons, that's fairer analysis.
    Gerrard hardly played, and was in and out of the treatment room all season how the fuck is that fair and what does it have to do at all with you saying he is an awful passer?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am

I love the Italy fans stating that Pirlo is the chosen one, its fucking comical, England have several star players like Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Hart and more. Italy have Pirlo...errm...Cassano? Errmm, Chellini and Buffet maybe?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 am

Chris wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:The current form of 3 games? Go have a look at their respective seasons, that's fairer analysis.
    Gerrard hardly played, and was in and out of the treatment room all season how the fuck is that fair and what does it have to do at all with you saying he is an awful passer?
    Would you consider these stats misleading?

Adz wrote:I love the Italy fans stating that Pirlo is the chosen one, its fucking comical, England have several star players like Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Hart and more. Italy have Pirlo...errm...Cassano? Errmm, Chellini and Buffet maybe?
    Well he's probably the second best midfielder in the world based on the season just gone. Can't wait to see Italy smash us tomorrow. rofl

Last edited by Theo Filippo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 am

Adz wrote:I love the Italy fans stating that Pirlo is the chosen one, its fucking comical, England have several star players like Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Hart and more. Italy have Pirlo...errm...Cassano? Errmm, Chellini and Buffet maybe?
    Cassano has a heart problem doesn't he? Di Natale is awesome though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Don't avoid the question please.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

[quote="Chris"]
    Theo Filippo wrote:Would you consider these stats misleading?
    Don't avoid the question please.
    Answer mine, you started the argument with passing stats I'm showing you how stats are misleading.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:33 am

I've already said, Chamberlain will dominate Pirlo. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am

Those stats prove that Gerrard is not an awful passer, despite the stats we have all seen the current form he is in (yes 3 games is current form whether you like it or not) and his all round passing has been superb for us.

If i was to say 1 was awful and 10 was world class passing i'd happily give Gerrard a 6, far far from awful

Last edited by Chris on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am

Yes, Cassano had a minor stroke or something and he now has a heart issue.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 am

Terry's woeful tbh, they only have 2 star players and that's Rooney and Hart, the rest are good players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 am

Buffon and Hart will run the game tomorrow, forcing the game to Extra time.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 am

Buffon said Hart will become the best goalkeeper in the world.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

Chris wrote:Those stats prove that Gerrard is not an awful passer, despite the stats we have all seen the current form he is in (yes 3 games is current form whether you like it or not) and his all round passing has been superb for us.

If i was to say 1 was awful and 10 was world class passing i'd happily give Gerrard a 6, far far from awful
    Again stats are misleading it's 3 matches in which we have sat back close and compact he's shown that he can't control the tempo of a game for shit and that we can't get enough possession in games, there are 5-7 better passers than him that are English, that is downright average if not awful. His only good moments have been crosses, ironic how his good moments come from outside of his 'main' position.

What is 1 on this scale? On a scale of Cattermole to Pirlo he is a 3 or a 4.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Chris wrote:Those stats prove that Gerrard is not an awful passer, despite the stats we have all seen the current form he is in (yes 3 games is current form whether you like it or not) and his all round passing has been superb for us.

Again stats are misleading it's 3 matches in which we have sat back close and compact he's shown that he can't control the tempo of a game for shit and that we can't get enough possession in games, there are 5-7 better passers than him that are English, that is downright average if not awful. His only good moments have been crosses, ironic how his good moments come from outside of his 'main' position.

So now you're admitting you are wrong, even though i disagree with this aswell.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 am

Chris wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Again stats are misleading it's 3 matches in which we have sat back close and compact he's shown that he can't control the tempo of a game for shit and that we can't get enough possession in games, there are 5-7 better passers than him that are English, that is downright average if not awful. His only good moments have been crosses, ironic how his good moments come from outside of his 'main' position.

Same thing, average is basically awful. I don't have to stick to the word awful but if it makes you feel better though, I'm sorry Gerrard isn't an awful passer.

He's an average passer.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Well he's probably the second best midfielder in the world based on the season just gone. Can't wait to see Italy smash us tomorrow. rofl

Why do you want Italy to win?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:53 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Same thing, average is basically awful. I don't have to stick to the word awful but if it makes you feel better though, I'm sorry Gerrard isn't an awful passer.

He's an average passer.
    Gerrard is a good passer, always has been. I'm glad you decided to swallow your pride and admit you were wrong though, it's never good to be stubborn, I was going to start calling you the voyeur next.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:54 am

Theo's support for his country is probably the worst I have ever seen in a fan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:36 am