Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
Gegilworld93
benqbiggis
RubyArmyCTFC
MickStupp
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Andy
Walcott
VivaRonaldoLAD
Kelloggg8
BMxJoga
LiamB_14
Cadbury
samiz
Bushido
arsenalap11
Demba Ba
Paulinho
The Zlatan
Roloman4
Keanoo
Ham.
SBSP
Ben 10
Ra's al Ghul
menalawyerguy
dena
Cam
Laurencio
Mason
Carlos Jenkinson
Forest
George
chiboygeorge
Jorlung
ShakerMatty
iSamuel
Juventino
Zzonked
Lil-Milzer-Ladd
Mustangt125
Sean
Theo Filippo
Danny
Sigurdsson
Radford
ayvee1
Kuled
Jordi
Jord
Trent
crump
57 posters

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

dena
    dena

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 Empty Re: England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

Post by dena Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am

Logic wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

You could at least try? It was the most obvious flaw of Italy's play. They rely a tad too much on Pirlo, because Cassano although a decent player is not good enough to make those pin point passes (shown by his fluffed balls towards Balotelli). Montolivio isn't 100% match fit which reduces his effectiveness. Considering the lack of genuine wingers midfield is where Italy like to be. So who is their main creative outlet? Andrea Pirlo.

Pirlo was moving about like he was taking a jog in his own back yard, passing about with a 10 year old. Italy had a handful of poorly executed passes to Pirlo, but because of the complete and utter lack of any pressure or marking he could just walk about with it, occasionally being rammed down from behind by a headless tackle from a striker. When Italy failed to create movement ahead of the ball (countless times in both halves and in extra time) Pirlo had to sit on the ball for a while, but instead of putting pressure on Pirlo, they just stood there and waited for him to casually pass a pin point ball out wide or through on goal.

Rarely have I ever been more frustrated at a midfield than watching England watch Pirlo. He walks past two feet ahead of England's midfield and they just let him move it about as he pleases. Putting pressure on him could force a flawed pass and create a counter opportunity, it could force Italy to create through less reliable passers, and it could mess with their tempo. It's so basic it's not even funny.

That pissed me off. The English players just seemed to let them play, where was the pressure? fucking terrible to watch.

It's ironic too because the Premier League is famed, at leads by it's pundits, for it's high intensity, high pressure style.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 Empty Re: England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 |

Post by Zzonked Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:
    mauro=beast wrote:
    Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:

Maybe because I am not Indian..

yeah ok PARENDEEP SINGH PATEL

my name is mauro lorenzetti and i am not italian

The force is strong with this one.

He appears to have mistaken you for Viva Rooney.

You must not be very memorable. What a Face
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 am

I think Italy will give Germany a good game.
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Supports : Chelsea.

Post by iSamuel Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 am

Gary Neville as manager, please.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

Theo Filippo wrote:I think Italy will give Germany a good game.

Could do, they gave Spain a good game.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

dena wrote:
    Logic wrote:

That pissed me off. The English players just seemed to let them play, where was the pressure? fucking terrible to watch.

It's ironic too because the Premier League is famed, at leads by it's pundits, for it's high intensity, high pressure style.

tbh pl=/=england the foreign players make the epl what it is.

italy will get destroyed by germany and then a germany spain final would be amazing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:

The force is strong with this one.

DAMN you are right, forgive me viva ronaldo, i was looking for viva rooney(indian posing as an englishman from manchester) humble apologies
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 am

It will be an amazing battle in midfield.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

ShakerMatty wrote:
    Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:

Maybe because I am not Indian..
    rofl

Italy will not get to the final anyway.

we successfully dashed englands hopes of winning a trophy for the first time in their history without cheating, i consider it a win in principle Teeth
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

Khedira-Schweinsteiger
    Ozil

v

Montolivo
    De Rossi-Marcishio
    Pirlo

Not bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 am

Danny wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Surprised with Cole, he usually goes to the keepers left for a curler, but with a lot more power. However on this occasion he fluffed his lines.
    Same. He scored in 2008 and 2012 CL Final shoot outs, against Portugal in 2004. Good penalty taker, then he takes a crucial one and does a shitey run up (like Young) and hits it with less power than my mum would have.
    Yeah even in his Arsenal days he was a beast in penalty shoot-outs, only he would know what he intended to do with the penalty.

Laurencio wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:But with a 2 man midfield, who would have marked him? Parker? The space for Cassano in between midfield and defence would have been immense. Possibly drop Rooney back when Italy have the ball? Don't even think it's possible you could man mark somone that deep. Laughing

You could at least try? It was the most obvious flaw of Italy's play. They rely a tad too much on Pirlo, because Cassano although a decent player is not good enough to make those pin point passes (shown by his fluffed balls towards Balotelli). Montolivio isn't 100% match fit which reduces his effectiveness. Considering the lack of genuine wingers midfield is where Italy like to be. So who is their main creative outlet? Andrea Pirlo.

Pirlo was moving about like he was taking a jog in his own back yard, passing about with a 10 year old. Italy had a handful of poorly executed passes to Pirlo, but because of the complete and utter lack of any pressure or marking he could just walk about with it, occasionally being rammed down from behind by a headless tackle from a striker. When Italy failed to create movement ahead of the ball (countless times in both halves and in extra time) Pirlo had to sit on the ball for a while, but instead of putting pressure on Pirlo, they just stood there and waited for him to casually pass a pin point ball out wide or through on goal.

Rarely have I ever been more frustrated at a midfield than watching England watch Pirlo. He walks past two feet ahead of England's midfield and they just let him move it about as he pleases. Putting pressure on him could force a flawed pass and create a counter opportunity, it could force Italy to create through less reliable passers, and it could mess with their tempo. It's so basic it's not even funny.
    Spot on there and I thought I was the only one seeing it, the biased commentators couldn't even blame their players for not closing down instead they were praising him for having so much space. After the 60 minute mark, the midfield of Gerrard and Parker were knackered, they couldn't get near Pirlo and if they tried they would have been picked apart for fun. It was a huge mistake, I don't even think Xavi has controlled a game like Pirlo did tonight.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 am

Mauro not worthy

Really hope Italy or Gomez wins the whole thing.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 am

He probably smashed one in against United in 2005 too. What a Face
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Supports : Chelsea.

Post by iSamuel Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am

Shame we didn't have Frank to take a penalty. Our best penalty taken by a margin.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am

Last time we should trust black players with penalties. Both of them were shite.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

mauro=beast wrote:
    Adz wrote:
    Dena has hit the nail on the head.

i thought you were saying before the game that england has more star players and will easily win, if i was you i would go into my backyard and do a few laps naked it might increase your iq level
    I think your IQ is the one that needs increasing. The lack of punctuation and capitals are atrocious.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 am

Logic wrote:
    dena wrote:

italy will get destroyed by germany and then a germany spain final would be amazing.

Oh i know that, but I always see the likes of Parker/Gerrard buzzing about, closing down on the opposition hard, they did none of that today, it was really surprising to watch, I like Montolivio a lot and he showed his quality today, but I'd much rather have him try to beat me in midfield than Pirlo, I wouldve had him man marked all game.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

dena wrote:
    Logic wrote:

Oh i know that, but I always see the likes of Parker/Gerrard buzzing about, closing down on the opposition hard, they did none of that today, it was really surprising to watch, I like Montolivio a lot and he showed his quality today, but I'd much rather have him try to beat me in midfield than Pirlo, I wouldve had him man marked all game.

Roy fucking hogdson. I'm 100% sure he told them not to do it.
    I was in a bar to watch the game and so many English supporters were saying "in roy we trust", he would win the game for us with his amazing tactics Laughing

Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 am

Can't believe we took we them to penalties Laughing Congrats Italy, now win the whole thing.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 am

Gerrard - 32 passes, 75% passing accuracy, 15.6% Long pass accuracy
    Pirlo - 131 passes, 87% passing accuracy, 22,9% Long pass accuracy

rofl Gerrard
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 am

Theo KDB is at it again England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 1735100789

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=163152&start=3240
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 am

Fonseca wrote:Theo KDB is at it again England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 1735100789

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=163152&start=3240
    oh god why
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 am

I still can't believe we have this dinosaur as manager, whos football ideologies is the anti-football. Finally the FA are getting there house in order, and putting in good systems only with this fool the leader of it. His brand of football will be promoted, as the FA are sending coaches who Hodge would have massively influenced around to club academies to train them in his ways. I and Laurencio have been against him as manager, and it is only going to get worse.

I feel sorry for Welbeck, Wilshere, Mcreachan, Chamberlain and the next bunch of talented players ect ..

Outdateded four four two, two banks of four, keep shape, non attractive or attackive football is now. Good players forced to adapt to his shite ways. Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am

England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 IxSNKeWYY7zCQ
    Classy as can be, my favourite player from this tournament.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 am

Kuled wrote:England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 IxSNKeWYY7zCQ

Alonso and Pirlo have been class this tournament. Pleasure to watch them play football.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 am

mauro=beast wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

DAMN you are right, forgive me viva ronaldo, i was looking for viva rooney(indian posing as an englishman from manchester) humble apologies

Apology accepted Mauro, I've always thought you were a good man.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 am

Kuled wrote:England vs Italy | 24th June | 7:45pm BBC1 | - Page 26 IxSNKeWYY7zCQ

It reminded me of this beauty.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

why is everyone jizzing over that pen? It was lucky to score.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am

I love your sig, Pirlo's telling Forest to shut the fuck up Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 am

Kuled pretending to be italian Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:27 am