Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sigurdsson
Theo Filippo
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Muhkoo
menalawyerguy
Kuled
Gegilworld93
Zzonked
LeBron
14 posters

Goal Line Technology is a necessity...

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Goal Line Technology is a necessity... - Page 2 Empty Re: Goal Line Technology is a necessity...

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 am

Schnix wrote:lol'ed at this

Goal Line Technology is a necessity... - Page 2 England-ukraine-referee-linesman

its impossible for anyone to see if the ball fully crossed the line at game speed really its too big of an ask for the line judge. I agree and always have that goal line technology of some form is a must

Last edited by fluffy_kittens on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Goal Line Technology is a necessity... - Page 2 Empty Re: Goal Line Technology is a necessity...

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:35 am

Respected former referee Pierluigi Collina has defender the use of additional assistants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18517132
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:21 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    limerickcitykid wrote:
    We still see the same offside goals, still see people diving to win penalties and even getting goals wrong as well. It doesn't seem to have been reduced at all.

Have you read or written a study into this or something? Observing the frequency of refereeing errors with and without extra officials? If you have could you give me a link to it, I'd be very interested to see the results.

Laurencio wrote:The politics is strong in this one.

Sepp Blatter 2010 - after Blufontaine: Goaline technology is bad for football! (At meeting about GLT btw)

2011: Platini pushed forward as Powerhouse nations' favorite to replace Blatter as president of Fifa

2012: Platini calls goal line technology unnecessary

Slightly later in 2012: Blatter says it's not an option, it's a necessity as Ukraine's offside goal is ruled out.

I don't think so, Blatter isn't going for reelection, he hasn't much need for Politicking. Which meeting was this where he said GLT is bad for football? I thought there was a pretty marked change in this stance following Lampard's non-goal.

Platini's always been against it by the way.
    I havent read a study on it, just using my personal observations. I would be interested in seeing some stats about it. I shall try do some research. I am sure they do help a bit but clearly they aren't eliminating the problem. Instead of trying to find alternatives to stop it just put in GLT and it will be done with.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:33 am

limerickcitykid wrote:

Have you read or written a study into this or something? Observing the frequency of refereeing errors with and without extra officials? If you have could you give me a link to it, I'd be very interested to see the results.

I don't think so, Blatter isn't going for reelection, he hasn't much need for Politicking. Which meeting was this where he said GLT is bad for football? I thought there was a pretty marked change in this stance following Lampard's non-goal.

Platini's always been against it by the way.
    I havent read a study on it, just using my personal observations. I would be interested in seeing some stats about it. I shall try do some research. I am sure they do help a bit but clearly they aren't eliminating the problem. Instead of trying to find alternatives to stop it just put in GLT and it will be done with.

Your "observations" are just what you reckon, and when you're relying on memories these observations are almost invariably inaccurate and biased, as such they are completely unreliable. Read and watch what Pierluigi Collina said.

There is no reason that bringing in GLT would render the Goal Line Officials obsolete. They are useful for spotting other things, eg. penalty decisions, and deterring other forms of cheating.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Adz wrote:

Idiot. Blatter changed his views on GLT completely after the World Cup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/29/sepp-blatter-goalline-technology
    But he still doesn't like England for some reason.

[citation needed]

limerickcitykid wrote:

What exactly are you expecting to see?
    We still see the same offside goals, still see people diving to win penalties and even getting goals wrong as well. It doesn't seem to have been reduced at all.

Not their job and they can't possibly make that call.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:56 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Adz wrote:
    But he still doesn't like England for some reason.

[citation needed]

www.tinfoilhat.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:23 pm