Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Jorlung
fluffy_kittens
Forest
Muhkoo
ResurrectionRooney
Weather130
Laurencio
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
ConorCelticFC
Jordan Henderchip
14 posters

Would the Champions League be better if....

Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Would the Champions League be better if.... Empty Would the Champions League be better if....

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Would the Champions League be a better competition if the team who won the Europa League was given a qualifying spot for the next seasons Champions League. I had a look over Champions League seedings at the following nations are given 2 spots in the Champions League.

Russia
    Ukraine
    Netherlands
    Turkey
    Greece
    Denmark
    Belgium
    Romania
    Scotland

Now in the case of Scotland this season it will be Celtic and 3rd placed Motherwell who get the spots. Now this is great for Motherwell, don't get me wrong but surely the competition would be more competitive if the place of Motherwell went to Atletico Madrid instead. Motherwell finished 31 points behind Celtic and had Rangers not had a points deduction would have finished 21 points behind Rangers. That is a huge gap for the league. This shows how it is such a two team league and that giving them 2 Champions League spots is a tad silly really. I'm not familiar with the other leagues that get 2 spots because well they don't get advertised on here as much as Scotland.

But what do you think, do you think UEFA should look at implementing this in order to make the Champions League more competitive, it is nice to see a team defy the odds and make it to the Group Stages, but it can take away from the competition when you see shitty teams getting battered like 6-0 in the Group Stages.

(I'm not hating on Scotland)
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Would the Champions League be better if.... Empty Re: Would the Champions League be better if....

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Motherwell have less than no chance of making it into the group stages.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Would the Champions League be better if.... Empty Re: Would the Champions League be better if....

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 pm

ConorCelticFC wrote:Motherwell have less than no chance of making it into the group stages.

Laughing
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Your points arguement is as valid as me saying valencia and malaga shouldnt get places. I do agree with your point though.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 pm

How about champions of their respective leagues qualify for the group stages by default, and all the others have to go through qualifiers? It's the champions league after all, and the fact that the majority of European Champions never even qualify for the group stages is a bit weird.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:53 pm

ConorCelticFC wrote:Motherwell have less than no chance of making it into the group stages.

I guess you mean -∞?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 am

Weather130 wrote:

I guess you mean -∞?

No, I mean what I wrote. What do you think I meant?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:06 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Weather130 wrote:

I guess you mean -∞?

You really need to calm down.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

You really need to calm down.

Laughing Why are you still here? You said you'd leave the forum if Chelsea won the Champions League.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 am

The section of the post that he left out will explain my decision.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:20 am

You said you'd leave and you pussied out, it's that simple really.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am

Damn, that must really make me less of a man.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 am

Why do you still log on to this forum and post your opinions on it when you said you would leave if Chelsea won the Champions League?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 am

Why not?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 am

Because you said you would leave. You should accept your fate with some dignity, not carry on logging in and typing words about a book you're going to write, acting like nothing's happened. Just go.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 am

I'm afraid I don't feel that sense of honour and dignity when posting. Pity, really, if I could adopt your perspective I could get far. But as of now, I don't believe in leaving a forum. Too much unnecessary finality.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:I'm afraid I don't feel that sense of honour and dignity when posting. Pity, really, if I could adopt your perspective I could get far. But as of now, I don't believe in leaving a forum. Too much unnecessary finality.

Or there would just be a massive gap in your life...

I just find it a bit pathetic that you made a bold statement and now when it's time to face the consequences are showing that, ultimately, you are a bull-shitter.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am

Original. Enlightening. Assumptive. Confrontational. Petty. I envy your evident success.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Original. Enlightening. Assumptive. Confrontational. Petty. I envy your evident success.

Pretentious.

I find it quite worrying that this forum means so much to you. I could drop it like a twig. In fact I will. This is my last post.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:07 am

Tries to make me leave, ends up leaving himself. That's the mentality you need, Master Conor. Misguided arrogance and the desire to appear above others, which could imply that you are being squashed by others. Evidently successful.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Original. Enlightening. Assumptive. Confrontational. Petty. I envy your evident success.

Pretentious.

I find it quite worrying that this forum means so much to you. I could drop it like a twig. In fact I will. This is my last post.

Argues someone is weak minded for not leaving a forum, and ends up leaving the forum to prove he's not weak minded.

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 am

Chip wrote:Would the Champions League be a better competition if the team who won the Europa League was given a qualifying spot for the next seasons Champions League. I had a look over Champions League seedings at the following nations are given 2 spots in the Champions League.

Russia
    Ukraine
    Netherlands
    Turkey
    Greece
    Denmark
    Belgium
    Romania
    Scotland

Now in the case of Scotland this season it will be Celtic and 3rd placed Motherwell who get the spots. Now this is great for Motherwell, don't get me wrong but surely the competition would be more competitive if the place of Motherwell went to Atletico Madrid instead. Motherwell finished 31 points behind Celtic and had Rangers not had a points deduction would have finished 21 points behind Rangers. That is a huge gap for the league. This shows how it is such a two team league and that giving them 2 Champions League spots is a tad silly really. I'm not familiar with the other leagues that get 2 spots because well they don't get advertised on here as much as Scotland.

But what do you think, do you think UEFA should look at implementing this in order to make the Champions League more competitive, it is nice to see a team defy the odds and make it to the Group Stages, but it can take away from the competition when you see shitty teams getting battered like 6-0 in the Group Stages.

(I'm not hating on Scotland)

The Champions League wouldn't, but the Europa League would benefit a lot, top sides would take it a lot more seriously and you wouldn't get sides like Spurs and Villa disrepecting the competition by deploying 11 children. If the spot came away from the National Association it might end their perverse obsession with achieving 4th place as well, because it often wouldn't get you anything. Sometimes you might not even get anything for finishing 3rd.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:52 am

Laurencio wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Pretentious.

Argues someone is weak minded for not leaving a forum, and ends up leaving the forum to prove he's not weak minded.

Laughing

He cannot lose this.

And no i don't agree, Champions League in its current form still lets in too many teams that aren't Champions.

I believe that if it was the intend of having the most competetive throughout the whole tournament they would have created it differently, the way it works now is a step in the right direction to get everyone involved, there are of course more measures needed if we are to see a winner outside the top 7 leagues, hell even the top 4 any time soon.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:03 am

Laurencio wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Pretentious.

Laughing

Don't worry Eternal Witcher, I'm still leaving. But I can't let that slide. Also, as I won't be posting here anymore I might as well use this opportunity to express how I feel about you Laurencio you boring, conceited, pompous fuck.

Eternal Witcher is not weak-minded, at least not to my knowledge. He is hugely pretentious and nowhere near as astute as he thinks he is, but my problem with him is that he hasn't kept his word. I am not leaving to prove anything about myself - I am leaving because I was intending to anyway and may as well take the opportunity to show Eternal Witcher that an online forum should not be so important to him that he can't bring himself to leave despite having agreed to.

It was nice speaking to you Maestro, Jela, Zzonked, Menalawyerguy and Theo.

Last edited by ConorCelticFC on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:10 am

Can't even keep his word for an hour. Can't fault the hypocrisy.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Laughing

Don't worry Eternal Witcher, I'm still leaving. But I can't let that slide. Also, as I won't be posting here anymore I might as well use this opportunity to express how I feel about you Laurencio you boring, conceited, pompous fuck.

Eternal Witcher is not weak-minded, at least not to my knowledge. He is hugely pretentious and nowhere near as astute as he thinks he is, but my problem with him is that he hasn't kept his word. I am not leaving to prove anything about myself - I am leaving because I was intending to anyway and may as well take the opportunity to show Eternal Witcher that an online forum should not be so important to him that he can't bring himself to leave despite having agreed to.

It was nice speaking to you Maestro, Jela, Zzonked, Menalawyerguy and Theo.

Boring and conceited (although grossly missjudged) I can sort of understand, but pompous? Ah well, to each their own I suppose. It just seemed like you were arguing that Eternal Witcher was weak minded for finding this forum so important. Sorry if I missunderstood.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 am

Dum dum dum.... Another Scot bites the dust!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:32 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:You said you'd leave and you pussied out, it's that simple really.
    Fuck off, Eternal is a fantastic member. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:33 am

if winning europa league meant you will be in CL qualifier it sure would make teams like spurs take it seriously
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 am

ViVaRooney wrote:if winning europa league meant you will be in CL qualifier it sure would make teams like spurs take it seriously

well we should be in the CL anyway so fuck it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:21 pm