Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mal
Harrold
Laurencio
dena
Mouse
Mustangt125
moscowmadeit3
Ra's al Ghul
Sean
Carlos Jenkinson
zeke_cross
George
easley91
Uncle John from Jamaica
Trent
Walcott
menalawyerguy
GK01
Gegilworld93
Kuled
Keanoo
Jord
Cam
Theo Filippo
Jordi
30 posters

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

Anonymous

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 Empty Re: HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 am

dena wrote:
    Jordo wrote:

I am more concerned about the future of English football. The Fa bang on about they want a manager who can work with grassroots football. Spends hours in the new center of excellence. The manager to train future coaches, and youth players. That means, they would have be coached in Roys style of football. And Roy is not renown for youth development.

Instead of getting an football intelligent, modern thinking, tactically gifted thinking, visionary that can bring English football development alongside Germany, Spain ect .. they bring in a fella who is proud he doesn't change his methods. "from Orebro to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team" come to mind.

They want English club academies, to all play like the England team. Like Spain have a style, the Fa want England to have an style. I am all for this, but Roy is the wrong man for this. His philosophies suit a team, dogging for relegation. Rigid, well drilled, anti risk football. Thats what he does. It works with success with clubs, that are mid table. It won't work with England. FA need someone to take England to the next level.

At least Harry, knows how to get a team playing good football. I think his style of play really suits England. England have good wingers, and Harry likes playing wingers. Hodgson style of play, is rather narrow and full backs not being allowed the cross half way line. Center backs to "launch it long", instead of playing it out from the back. Agger had a go at Roy for this, because he didn't like Roys style of play. Laughing . Harry is use to managing with very good players, and has some history in (Successful) youth development.

I sorta feel sorry for Roy, because his friends in the press will some turn on him, as they do in there nasty ways if things go wrong. Anyone remember "Wolly with a Brolley", and (insert anti Italian phrase).

That's not Harry Redknapp though, he plays a decent brand of football and has good man management abilities (esp. with English players it seems) but that's about it. He's not someone who will change the face of English football... that man might not even be English.

Ino. That's why the Fa shot themselves in the foot, only wanting an English manager.

You pick the lesser of the two devils, and Harry it is. What a Face
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 am

I'm going to ignore the press and the majority of the fans out there. Roy Hodgson isn't an 'average' manager.
    He is one of the most successful English managers of the last twenty years. You can't argue with his CV. The bloke has experience at a variety of different leagues in Europe.

For the long term future of England, he is the perfect choice as he is a manager that has the knowledge to work at all levels of English game. This means that he will be able to bring up and build the younger players we have, in time for the next World Cup.

In the short term, he is a manager that will make sure our England team is well organised in time for the Euros. Under his management I feel that he will make them hard to beat. This will be a good thing because after-all, we have to be realistic. We are not Spain or Germany and unfortunately, we do not boast the same amount of squad depth as they do.

When it comes to the media. I have my doubts that Roy will be able to handle the constant harassment from the press.
    However, If he does become our manager, he should deserve their respect.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue May 01, 2012 3:02 am

Jordo wrote:
    dena wrote:

That's not Harry Redknapp though, he plays a decent brand of football and has good man management abilities (esp. with English players it seems) but that's about it. He's not someone who will change the face of English football... that man might not even be English.

Ino. That's why the Fa shot themselves in the foot, only wanting an English manager.

You pick the lesser of the two devils, and Harry it is. What a Face

In my opinion the whole grassroots thing that the FA wants shouldn't even be dictated that heavily by the manager of the English NT, it should rest with the U-8/U-12/U-14 coaches throughout the nation -- it's a well known fact that England lacks in A level coaches compared to other countries, that should be the immediate focus of the FA. Whoever they get to manage the team now ... or even for the next 6-8 years is just a stop gap.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 am

George wrote:I'm going to ignore the press and the majority of the fans out there. Roy Hodgson isn't an 'average' manager.
    He is one of the most successful English managers of the last twenty years. You can't argue with his CV. The bloke has experience at a variety of different leagues in Europe.

For the long term future of England, he is the perfect choice as he is a manager that has the knowledge to work at all levels of English game. This means that he will be able to bring up and build the younger players we have, in time for the next World Cup.

In the short term, he is a manager that will make sure our England team is well organised in time for the Euros. Under his management I feel that he will make them hard to beat. This will be a good thing because after-all, we have to be realistic. We are not Spain or Germany and unfortunately, we do not boast the same amount of squad depth as they do.

When it comes to the media. I have my doubts that Roy will be able to handle the constant harassment from the press.
    However, If he does become our manager, he should deserve their respect.

To be fair, I doubt he'll get that much 'harrassment' from the press, as he is English, they only seem to go after the foriegn managers, such as Capello.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 am

ESPN can reveal that Harry Redknapp did not even receive an unofficial approach from the FA ahead of its surprise announcement that Roy Hodgson will be interviewed for the England manager's job on Monday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1058278/fa-didn%27t-sound-out-redknapp-?cc=5901
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue May 01, 2012 3:33 am

Not sure I understand the FA here.

I thought it was Harry for sure, and I wished it was so Spurs could fuck off
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 3:34 am

Liverpool fans already giving him the treatment they gave him at liverpool, disgraceful. Get behind the manager of your country, he has done nothing yet, and you are already spitting shit about him. Still butthurt.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue May 01, 2012 3:39 am

Ed wrote:Liverpool fans already giving him the treatment they gave him at liverpool, disgraceful. Get behind the manager of your country, he has done nothing yet, and you are already spitting shit about him. Still butthurt.

Your right.
    If he is the England manager, he at least deserves our support and respect.

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 Officials+From+The+FA+Hold+Talks+With+Roy+Hodgson+Over+The+England+Job

Picture taken at Wembley.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 am

Can't really see anyone supporting him realistically
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 3:44 am

Hodgson > England
    McLeish > WBA
    Lambert > Villa
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 01, 2012 3:45 am

Laurencio wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

I didn't see where they suggested that.

"I'm grateful to [the chairman] Jeremy Peace and all at West Bromwich
    Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, whom I
    have since spoken with," said Bernstein. "Roy is the only manager we
    have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within
    the timescale we set out soon after Fabio Capello's departure. Further
    conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England
    colleagues."

Seems to suggest he's their man.

It's suggestive but strictly construed, they're not really saying that. They could just be softening Redknapp up so that when they do finally call him, he'll be overjoyed to learn he's still in the mix.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 4:00 am

dena wrote:
    Jordo wrote:

I am more concerned about the future of English football. The Fa bang on about they want a manager who can work with grassroots football. Spends hours in the new center of excellence. The manager to train future coaches, and youth players. That means, they would have be coached in Roys style of football. And Roy is not renown for youth development.

Instead of getting an football intelligent, modern thinking, tactically gifted thinking, visionary that can bring English football development alongside Germany, Spain ect .. they bring in a fella who is proud he doesn't change his methods. "from Orebro to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team" come to mind.

They want English club academies, to all play like the England team. Like Spain have a style, the Fa want England to have an style. I am all for this, but Roy is the wrong man for this. His philosophies suit a team, dogging for relegation. Rigid, well drilled, anti risk football. Thats what he does. It works with success with clubs, that are mid table. It won't work with England. FA need someone to take England to the next level.

At least Harry, knows how to get a team playing good football. I think his style of play really suits England. England have good wingers, and Harry likes playing wingers. Hodgson style of play, is rather narrow and full backs not being allowed the cross half way line. Center backs to "launch it long", instead of playing it out from the back. Agger had a go at Roy for this, because he didn't like Roys style of play. Laughing . Harry is use to managing with very good players, and has some history in (Successful) youth development.

I sorta feel sorry for Roy, because his friends in the press will some turn on him, as they do in there nasty ways if things go wrong. Anyone remember "Wolly with a Brolley", and (insert anti Italian phrase).

Depends on the style they want the team to play really. Redknapp wouldn't really establish a national style, but he might bring in assistants that would. Personally I would like Marco van Basten. His approach to football is excellent, and he's young enough to be around for a long time if given the chance. He got the Dutch playing exceptional attacking football in the Euros 2008, I fell in love with his Netherland and Ajax sides, their way of football was beautiful.

But of course Van Basten is probably not even considered an option by the FA...

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Seems to suggest he's their man.

It's suggestive but strictly construed, they're not really saying that. They could just be softening Redknapp up so that when they do finally call him, he'll be overjoyed to learn he's still in the mix.

Fair enough. Would be a very strange snub to be honest. Both star players and youngsters have said they want Redknapp, not to go for him if you were to go with an English alternative would be a bit strange after that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 4:06 am

King Carlos wrote:Hodgson > England
    McLeish > WBA
    Lambert > Villa

facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    King Carlos wrote:Hodgson > England
    McLeish > WBA
    Lambert > Villa

facepalm
    What?

One can dream.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Laurencio wrote:
    dena wrote:

Depends on the style they want the team to play really. Redknapp wouldn't really establish a national style, but he might bring in assistants that would. Personally I would like Marco van Basten. His approach to football is excellent, and he's young enough to be around for a long time if given the chance. He got the Dutch playing exceptional attacking football in the Euros 2008, I fell in love with his Netherland and Ajax sides, their way of football was beautiful.

menalawyerguy wrote:

Fair enough. Would be a very strange snub to be honest. Both star players and youngsters have said they want Redknapp, not to go for him if you were to go with an English alternative would be a bit strange after that.

Well, it looks like my shitty theory was shitty and you were right. It appears Hodgson will be announced today. Shocking.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 pm

As Hodgson is all but set to be confirmed as England boss, I reiterate how I feel about his appointment..
    easley91 wrote:The Tottenham fan in me:
    HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 2e0tno6

The England fan in me:
    HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 2e328pf
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Well, it looks like my shitty theory was shitty and you were right. It appears Hodgson will be announced today. Shocking.

I'm disappointed to be right HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 1371890812
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm

easley91 wrote:As Hodgson is all but set to be confirmed as England boss, I reiterate how I feel about his appointment..
    easley91 wrote:The Tottenham fan in me:
    HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 2e0tno6

The England fan in me:
    HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 2e328pf

Too bad 'Arry's just a bottler. alee2
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/roy-hodgson-management-style-praised

Laughing Well I'm not sure if Liverpool would agree to that.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Rick Rosstrich wrote:
    easley91 wrote:As Hodgson is all but set to be confirmed as England boss, I reiterate how I feel about his appointment..

Too bad 'Arry's just a bottler. HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 4 1737351400
    Majority of performances have been good just not results. Played shit vs QPR and Chelsea but that was about it. Now Hodgson is set to be confirmed, the talk of Harry taking the job should stop and our results could very well pick up again with players getting focused on the matches at hand.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 pm

The FA have called for an announcement at 4pm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 am

rofl facepalm
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed May 02, 2012 1:05 am

He really is quite hideous
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed May 02, 2012 1:11 am

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/roy-hodgson-appointed-england-manager

Laughing
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Wed May 02, 2012 1:19 am

Fuck sake, another year of arry facepalm
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed May 02, 2012 1:21 am

Get in Woy.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 am

Thank fuck I have Spanish ancestry, this is fucking shit

4 years also!!! fucking hell
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 am

Yes! Anyone but Redknapp!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 1:56 am

Gerrard and Johnson reunited with Roy. Neutral

Watch him leave out every Liverpool player, out of bitterness. shifty
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed May 02, 2012 1:57 am

Well England blows anyway so Gerrard can just retire from national duty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:30 am