Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mal
Harrold
Laurencio
dena
Mouse
Mustangt125
moscowmadeit3
Ra's al Ghul
Sean
Carlos Jenkinson
zeke_cross
George
easley91
Uncle John from Jamaica
Trent
Walcott
menalawyerguy
GK01
Gegilworld93
Kuled
Keanoo
Jord
Cam
Theo Filippo
Jordi
30 posters

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

dena
    dena

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 Empty Re: HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

Post by dena Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 am

The English national team job is probably the worst managerial job in all of football, Hodgson will probably accept and most fans will probably be disappointed, but look at Redknapp over the past few months and wonder is that someone you want managing your NT? If you get an English manager you'll always be disappointed (because they are bad) and if you get a foreign, you'd just run him out.
    zeke_cross
    zeke_cross

Post by zeke_cross Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 am

George wrote:
    zeke_cross wrote:
    Not really, he came to Spurs and turned that club around, Roy just gets small teams in the top half.

Yeah. I guess your right. He has done a great job at Spurs.
    I still think Roy would be better. But I am very biased, because I love the man.
    Laughing Although his team are the biggest bottlers ever. Razz
    Aha why do you love him so much? Laughing
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 am

Right now, Chris Coleman doesn't look so bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 am

@danroan
    Hodgson means FA avoid multi-million compensation hit - and he will buy into St George's Park, age-groups, long-term development plans

___

Fantastic. Hodgson is going to be involved in this grass roots stuff. He is going to be one of the main men, dictating what the training is of all age groups. So no doubt his style of play, will be translated into this. Young coaches will be trained, and follow the Hodgson model. Young promising coaches taking lessons of Roy Hodgson. The FA want the manager, to train all coaches in there ways, like other European countries do. England to produce Hodgson like coaches. It is fucking scary thought.

So Hodgson training methods, will spread thoughtout England. Coaches getting training and taking lesson on how Hodgson coahces. His style of play will rub on them. Hodgson only plays one way, and it isn't nice football. So them coaches, will train kids the Hodgson way.

The FA are actually talking about encouraging all the Clubs to play in a similar way to the England team and they want the England Coaches to go around the Academies running sessions and briefing Coaches. So Hodgson could indirectly effect every club in Britian. This happens in Spain, and Stewart Robson wants this to happen to England.

Redknapp would be a better appointment. He may not be the best coach, but he knows how to play good football. Something Hodgson does not. England have the right idea on how to improve England, but they are getting the wrong manager in charge, with the wrong philosophies and style of play to take England forward.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 am

Mr. Kurtz wrote:
    Jordo wrote:

He will turn Rooney into Bobby Zamora.

He will contaminate your English players, in his mediocrity ways.

Stop talking shit.

He's a fine manager who'll do a good enough job for England. Plenty of international experience and somewhat decent tactical knowledge.

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 49746463

not worthy
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 am

dena wrote:The English national team job is probably the worst managerial job in all of football, Hodgson will probably accept and most fans will probably be disappointed, but look at Redknapp over the past few months and wonder is that someone you want managing your NT? If you get an English manager you'll always be disappointed (because they are bad) and if you get a foreign, you'd just run him out.
    Indeed. Thankless job.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:34 am

Glen Damon wrote:
    Alan wrote:God will fall out with you and he will strike you down.
    Just like captain fantastic inexplicably struck down that innocent DJ for daring to play the wrong track at a bar? HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 214775

Looked like he was only backing his mate up, when he turned round he saw his mate being struck not noing his mate had i think started it. Yes what he did was wrong, but for what ive learned in my time you back your mates up and just get stuck in when you think they are in trouble.

HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 79723
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:54 am

zeke_cross wrote:
    George wrote:

Yeah. I guess your right. He has done a great job at Spurs.
    I still think Roy would be better. But I am very biased, because I love the man.

I just really respect him for many of his past achievements. I think that he is a great manager.
    Defensively, he can set teams up brilliantly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 am

the state of england!!!

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:57 am

Alan wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:Just like captain fantastic inexplicably struck down that innocent DJ for daring to play the wrong track at a bar? HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 214775

Looked like he was only backing his mate up, when he turned round he saw his mate being struck not noing his mate had i think started it. Yes what he did was wrong, but for what ive learned in my time you back your mates up and just get stuck in when you think they are in trouble.

What a shit attitude on life. You're willing to back people up when they're clearly in the wrong, you seriously are an idiot.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 am

James wrote:
    Alan wrote:

What a shit attitude on life. You're willing to back people up when they're clearly in the wrong, you seriously are an idiot.

People do stupid things when they have had a few.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 am

Don't drink alcohol then, solves that problem.
    zeke_cross
    zeke_cross

Post by zeke_cross Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 am

George wrote:
    zeke_cross wrote:

I just really respect him for many of his past achievements. I think that he is a great manager.
    Defensively, he can set teams up brilliantly.
    Do you think he did a better job at West Brom or Fulham? Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Mr. Kurtz wrote:Also, why is it that Liverpool fans worship Rafael Benitez and claim that he would have been very successful had it not been for terrible owners, and then constantly castigate Roy Hodgson for bringing in poor players under the same owners? In the season before Hodgson was appointed, Liverpool finished seventh. Hodgson may have not improved the team, but he was still working at the same level as his predecessor. Is it not only fair to give him the same benefit of the doubt granted to Benitez and presume that he would have been more successful with better owners?

He won them the CL.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm

This is a joke right?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Pretty much. They're really just waiting for permission to speak to 'Arry.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:02 pm

James wrote:Don't drink alcohol then, solves that problem.

True but it causes other problems, like not being able to drink alcohol, for example. HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 1371890812
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 am

Well I'll be damned. It isn't a joke. Now this is worrying. How did they go from "Harry Redknapp is one of many options, both domestic and foreign we will not exclude anything a this point" to "Roy Hodgson is the only man we ever wanted"? Can't really see Hodgson maintaining control over a team of egos, Terry among others will have a field day.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 am

EURO 2012 is ours now! HODGSON FOR ENGLAND - Page 3 250365
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue May 01, 2012 2:02 am

Problems occurring for Roy Hodgson already as he accidentally names 47 year old Maidenhead striker Wayne Wooney in his first England squad!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 am

rofl rofl
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 am

Laurencio wrote:Well I'll be damned. It isn't a joke. Now this is worrying. How did they go from "Harry Redknapp is one of many options, both domestic and foreign we will not exclude anything a this point" to "Roy Hodgson is the only man we ever wanted"? Can't really see Hodgson maintaining control over a team of egos, Terry among others will have a field day.

I assume that the only reason they haven't spoken to Redknapp is because Spurs haven't granted permission. In fact, I would bet that the only reason they haven't full-blown hired the guy is because they haven't been given permission by Spurs to approach him. They're just biding their time. They're also lining up alternatives if, for some unforeseeable reason, they can't come to an agreement with Redknapp, they'll have a speedy alternative that won't leave them with their dicks in their hands as the Euro gets closer and closer.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 am

Laurencio wrote:Well I'll be damned. It isn't a joke. Now this is worrying. How did they go from "Harry Redknapp is one of many options, both domestic and foreign we will not exclude anything a this point" to "Roy Hodgson is the only man we ever wanted"? Can't really see Hodgson maintaining control over a team of egos, Terry among others will have a field day.

I am more concerned about the future of English football. The Fa bang on about they want a manager who can work with grassroots football. Spends hours in the new center of excellence. The manager to train future coaches, and youth players. That means, they would have be coached in Roys style of football. And Roy is not renown for youth development.

Instead of getting an football intelligent, modern thinking, tactically gifted thinking, visionary that can bring English football development alongside Germany, Spain ect .. they bring in a fella who is proud he doesn't change his methods. "from Orebro to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team" come to mind.

They want English club academies, to all play like the England team. Like Spain have a style, the Fa want England to have an style. I am all for this, but Roy is the wrong man for this. His philosophies suit a team, dogging for relegation. Rigid, well drilled, anti risk football. Thats what he does. It works with success with clubs, that are mid table. It won't work with England. FA need someone to take England to the next level.

At least Harry, knows how to get a team playing good football. I think his style of play really suits England. England have good wingers, and Harry likes playing wingers. Hodgson style of play, is rather narrow and full backs not being allowed the cross half way line. Center backs to "launch it long", instead of playing it out from the back. Agger had a go at Roy for this, because he didn't like Roys style of play. Laughing . Harry is use to managing with very good players, and has some history in (Successful) youth development.

I sorta feel sorry for Roy, because his friends in the press will some turn on him, as they do in there nasty ways if things go wrong. Anyone remember "Wolly with a Brolley", and (insert anti Italian phrase).
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 am

menalawyerguy wrote:

I assume that the only reason they haven't spoken to Redknapp is because Spurs haven't granted permission. In fact, I would bet that the only reason they haven't full-blown hired the guy is because they haven't been given permission by Spurs to approach him. They're just biding their time. They're also lining up alternatives if, for some unforeseeable reason, they can't come to an agreement with Redknapp, they'll have a speedy alternative that won't leave them with their dicks in their hands as the Euro gets closer and closer.

I fear that's just a faint hope to be honest. Why would they go out and suggest so strongly that Hodgson is the next manager if they were really trying to get Redknapp? Seems he was snubbed to me.

Jordo wrote:

I am more concerned about the future of English football. The Fa bang on about they want a manager who can work with grassroots football. Spends hours in the new center of excellence. The manager to train future coaches, and youth players. That means, they would have be coached in Roys style of football. And Roy is not renown for youth development.

Instead of getting an football intelligent, modern thinking, tactically gifted thinking, visionary that can bring English football development alongside Germany, Spain ect .. they bring in a fella who is proud he doesn't change his methods. "from Orebro to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team" come to mind.

They want English club academies, to all play like the England team. Like Spain have a style, the Fa want England to have an style. I am all for this, but Roy is the wrong man for this. His philosophies suit a team, dogging for relegation. Rigid, well drilled, anti risk football. Thats what he does. It works with success with clubs, that are mid table. It won't work with England. FA need someone to take England to the next level.

At least Harry, knows how to get a team playing good football. I think his style of play really suits England. England have good wingers, and Harry likes playing wingers. Hodgson style of play, is rather narrow and full backs not being allowed the cross half way line. Center backs to "launch it long", instead of playing it out from the back. Agger had a go at Roy for this, because he didn't like Roys style of play. Laughing . Harry is use to managing with very good players, and has some history in (Successful) youth development.

I sorta feel sorry for Roy, because his friends in the press will some turn on him, as they do in there nasty ways if things go wrong. Anyone remember "Wolly with a Brolley", and (insert anti Italian phrase).

Couldn't agree more. Spot on.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 am

Laurencio wrote:Why would they go out and suggest so strongly that Hodgson is the next manager if they were really trying to get Redknapp? Seems he was snubbed to me.

I didn't see where they suggested that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 am

Journos saying they had a change of heart over the last month or so.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Why would they go out and suggest so strongly that Hodgson is the next manager if they were really trying to get Redknapp? Seems he was snubbed to me.

"I'm grateful to [the chairman] Jeremy Peace and all at West Bromwich
    Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, whom I
    have since spoken with," said Bernstein. "Roy is the only manager we
    have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within
    the timescale we set out soon after Fabio Capello's departure. Further
    conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England
    colleagues."

Seems to suggest he's their man.

Jordo wrote:Journos saying they had a change of heart over the last month or so.

Spurs late season formed screwed him over? Which let's face it was only a result of the FA being indecisive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:38 am

Laurencio wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

"I'm grateful to [the chairman] Jeremy Peace and all at West Bromwich
    Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, whom I
    have since spoken with," said Bernstein. "Roy is the only manager we
    have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within
    the timescale we set out soon after Fabio Capello's departure. Further
    conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England
    colleagues."

Seems to suggest he's their man.

Jordo wrote:Journos saying they had a change of heart over the last month or so.

Spurs late season formed screwed him over? Which let's face it was only a result of the FA being indecisive.

Now there is an shock. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 2:44 am

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue May 01, 2012 2:55 am

Jordo wrote:

That's not Harry Redknapp though, he plays a decent brand of football and has good man management abilities (esp. with English players it seems) but that's about it. He's not someone who will change the face of English football... that man might not even be English.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:24 am