Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Phadunkin Donuts
Paulinho
CollieBuddz
Laurencio
Grenade
Ra's al Ghul
dena
Carlos Jenkinson
Schnix
ConorCelticFC
Theo Filippo
Cam
Gegilworld93
Sean
Totti
Trent
Jord
SBSP
22 posters

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 am

CollieBuddz wrote:I don't know how you think it does. You act like teams are smashing 40 yard pin point passes to each other every other pass.

90% of the time players are playing a simple pass then moving into space. That requires minimal technical abilty but good positioning. There are a few players on each team (less as you go down the league) that pull out a pass that makes you go "wow", or consistently pick out the corners of the goal when shooting. Not the majority like you say.

I never said anything of the sort.

Natural foot ability is far more than just accuracy of passes and shots. If technical ability was worthless then everyone could become a professional footballers on the top level. Obviously technique gets worse the lower down the league you go, that's why the players further up are better and play for better teams.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed?

Post by CollieBuddz Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 am

Far more? You mean first touch.

You couldn't be more wrong. Positioning, vision, being in the right place at the right time is something you can't teach.

You can train your foot to a top level. But being able to put that foot to use in the top league is what separates top players from top athletes.

I'm sorry I just can't take you seriously. Keep watching football.

Edit: Please find where I said technical ability is worthless. I just said there aren't many players with out of this world technical ability. Obviously you need a certain level of technical ability. But with enough training it's not rare to see amateurs with the same technical ability as some average professionals.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 4:05 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Far more? You mean first touch.

You couldn't be more wrong. Positioning, vision, being in the right place at the right time is something you can't teach.

You can train your foot to a top level. But being able to put that foot to use in the top league is what separates top players from top athletes.

Edit: Please find where I said technical ability is worthless. I just said there aren't many players with out of this world technical ability. Obviously you need a certain level of technical ability. But with enough training it's not rare to see amateurs with the same technical ability as some average professionals.

Actually I mean technique, speed of technical execution, first touch, control of ball, dribbling etc. You keep putting words into my mouth. I never said they have out of this world technical ability, nor did I say that they were all exceptionally gifted. I said professionals generally have technically better than the majority, not all, of non professionals. I really don't see what's so controversial about that. Would you really say that 50%+ of non professionals have better
    technique with their natural foot than most professional footballers?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue May 01, 2012 4:23 am

Laurencio wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:Far more? You mean first touch.

Actually I mean technique, speed of technical execution, first touch, control of ball, dribbling etc. You keep putting words into my mouth. I never said they have out of this world technical ability, nor did I say that they were all exceptionally gifted. I said professionals generally have technically better than the majority, not all, of non professionals. I really don't see what's so controversial about that. Would you really say that 50%+ of non professionals have better

You're just using fancy words to over complicate things. Technique all comes down to accuracy. Speed of technical execution is good one, which hole did you pull that one from? Touch, yes I agree with. Control of the ball is touch. Dribbling is touch.

No, I don't disagree with that. But that's not what you started off saying. This is what you always do. You slowly start winding back what you were saying, to make it sound like your original statement wasn't as bad as it was. The thread was about ALL professionals and you said, "these players can do things with their natural foot that most of us can only dream of." You didn't say "They're generally better than amateurs". You've been over-hyping what most professionals can do and thats what I have a problem with.

I don't know why you've pulled 50% out of your arse. I've never said anything near that number. A lot of amateurs are dogshit. But a lot have fantastic technical ability but fuck all else going for them.

Why can't you just admit you're wrong instead of trying to change the debate into something which makes you right. All you do is talk shite but you put it across eloquently so people take you serious. Hopefully people wise up to you from now on.

They can see all your contradictions.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 am

CollieBuddz wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

You're just using fancy words to over complicate things. Technique all comes down to accuracy. Speed of technical execution is good one, which hole did you pull that one from? Touch, yes I agree with. Control of the ball is touch. Dribbling is touch.

No, I don't disagree with that. But that's not what you started off saying. This is what you always do. You slowly start winding back what you were saying, to make it sound like your original statement wasn't as bad as it was. The thread was about ALL professionals and you said, "these players can do things with their natural foot that most of us can only dream of." You didn't say "They're generally better than amateurs". You've been over-hyping what most professionals can do and thats what I have a problem with.

I don't know why you've pulled 50% out of your arse. I've never said anything near that number. A lot of amateurs are dogshit. But a lot have fantastic technical ability but fuck all else going for them.

Why can't you just admit you're wrong instead of trying to change the debate into something which makes you right. All you do is talk shite but you put it across eloquently so people take you serious. Hopefully people wise up to you from now on.

They can see all your contradictions.

Actually that's exactly what I said. How would you define "majority of players" if not as most people who play football? I never hyped up professionals, and I have no idea why you think that. However, they are better than the majority, that's why they are professionals and not amateurs.

I haven't changed my view once. I still don't see why being a professional should automatically mean they should be competent with both feet. That's not a direct prerequisite for being a professional.

Last edited by Laurencio on Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue May 01, 2012 4:41 am

Would you really say that 50%+ of non professionals have better

I said a few amateurs have better. I said a lot of amateurs have the same technical ability as some average pros.

Nice try though.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Would you really say that 50%+ of non professionals have better

I said a few amateurs have better. I said a lot of amateurs have the same technical ability as some average pros.

Nice try though.

Never said that there weren't cases of amateurs that had better technique, I said that top level professionals are better than the majority of players who aren't professionals.

Last edited by Laurencio on Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 am

Game. Set. Match.

Goodbye.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Tue May 01, 2012 4:45 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Game. Set. Match.

Goodbye.

Yes your complete disregard for everything I say, twisting words to fit your own definition, applying random assumptions and making off hand comments results in you winning an internet discussion. Well done. Is there an excuse for footballers to be one-footed? - Page 4 537999
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:Game. Set. Match.

Goodbye.
    You're a tool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2012 5:16 am

Agreed, what a prick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:33 am