Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
chemicalrubber
Steadman
lvrpl4life
Bye_Ya
Carlos Jenkinson
El_indian
VivaRonaldoLAD
Sean
Laurencio
Mustangt125
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
ConorCelticFC
RubyArmyCTFC
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Jord
Lux
Gegilworld93
Barton
CollieBuddz
George
Zzonked
Cadbury
Kuled
ResurrectionRooney
29 posters

Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV

George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 Empty Re: Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV

Post by George Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:34 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    GeorgeMiles6 wrote:

It's meant to be, isn't it?

Surely, if you think this is racist you have got to be a bit racist your-self.
    If you lot know what I mean.
    Smile

You were calling Reina stupid, you unconvincing backtracking sheep.

Anyone who finds this racist is a sad and easily offended tool.

I'm not calling Reina stupid. What I mean is, the story-line thing for the advert is a bit stupid/silly.
    Your right though, the video is not racist.
    Smile
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 Empty Re: Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 am

Smile
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 am

thumb
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:37 am

The skydiving part rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 am

I don't see anything offensive about the ad. It's actually a little amusing.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 am

Getting a little sensitive and desperate there RR
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:12 am

Not much material with which to work this week, eh, RR?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 am

For the ad to make sense, it actually needs a king of a tribe. How many tribes exist these days? You only got African tribes and Pacific Islander tribes.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 am

I fail to see the racial discrimination in that one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 am

Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 am

The advert rofl My favourite was the sky-diving one.

That first one .. the man is huge, it's like a cartoon or something Neutral Like the incredible Hulk. Doesn't even seem real .. so surreal.

Racist?

I agree. All those black people were tricked into it.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

Is this serious, like actually fucking serious?

If people genuinely get offended by shit like this they should go live in a cave somewhere, so fucking moronic.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

Disgusting, should be banned for alteast 9 games.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 am

Sean wrote:Is this serious, like actually fucking serious?

If people genuinely get offended by shit like this they should go live in a cave somewhere, so fucking moronic.

Are you suggesting that black people should live in caves? Fucking racist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 am

Ah, them Irish folk.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Ah, them Irish folk.
    We bail them out dozens of times, and they repay us by becoming racists. Rolling Eyes
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 am

All the people who wind me up the most are combining Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 am

That traditional Irish self pity won't get you anywhere, I'm afraid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:08 am

Sean here does tend to crack some times. Not that I take satisfaction from his outpouring of emotion, too religious to be so immoral.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am

the sick dude in the bus rofl
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am

Nice article you made RR, but I think you're trying to hard to troll

Oh wait
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 am

Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 58503
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm

It saddens me that some of you can't see the racism in this.

Why use a tribe rather than a western royal court? If it's really a wordplay rather than an excuse to make blacks look like savages, then why not go to a place that actually has a King, rather than a black tribe? It might shock some of you morons to know that tribes don't have Kings or Queens, they're a Western invention. If they used a white King though, they'd have to portray white people as endorsing rape, and a white King as a homosexual, and we can't have that can we?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It saddens me that some of you can't see the racism in this.

Why use a tribe rather than a western royal court? If it's really a wordplay rather than an excuse to make blacks look like savages, then why not go to a place that actually has a King, rather than a black tribe? It might shock some of you morons to know that tribes don't have Kings or Queens, they're a Western invention. If they used a white King though, they'd have to portray white people as endorsing rape, and a white King as a homosexual, and we can't have that can we?

Let's just ignore your everyday advert with jokes/situations which could be seen as controversial....because they involve a white/standard British people no one cares. Do the same thing and make it a tribe.....and it becomes racist.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Lux wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It saddens me that some of you can't see the racism in this.

Let's just ignore your everyday advert with jokes/situations which could be seen as controversial....because they involve a white/standard British people no one cares. Do the same thing and make it a tribe.....and it becomes racist.

You find me an advert that portrays white British people as homosexual rapist savages.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You find me an advert that portrays white British people as homosexual rapist savages.

Why would you think they are being portrayed as savages?

Homosexual. I think it's an innocent play on Reina meaning "Queen"...but obviously there is this homosexuality too. One person is black and homosexual, so all blacks are suddenly homosexual. Do the whole tribe perform homosexual acts? No.....it's one person who fancies Reina. There are lots of people who are homosexual on TV...are all the producers who include them in the programs being offensive by stereotyping everyone as homosexual.....because obviously if one person on TV is homosexual....everyone who is in any way comparable to that person is too?

I'd say rapists is going a bit far too. If I ask a woman to "banga banga" is that rape? A request and an action are different. Even if you want to make that assumption it's the same as my point above on homosexuality. There have been many rapists on TV, you don't assume that anyone comparable to that person is a rapist too. The only reason you make the point is because it's a black person, i.e. a minority.

You also have to think about this....can you really take a moral high ground when being offended by homosexuality? I agree that I wouldn't want to be thought of as homosexual.....but in this PC society, where there homophobia is wrong....how can you really bring up that argument?
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm

This thread facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 am

R nd R Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 512670

"Park, Park where ever you may be you eat dogs in your own country"
    "We will kill any bastard that gets in our way"
    "Luis Saurez is going to die, how we kill him i dont know, cut him up from head to toe, all i know is Saurez is going to die"

Disgusting songs and chants sung by Manchester United fans Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 950455 Why do you not post anything about these disgusting chants and songs your fans like to sing.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 am

Alan wrote:R nd R Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 512670

"Park, Park where ever you may be you eat dogs in your own country"
    "We will kill any bastard that gets in our way"

Already explained these.

"Luis Saurez is going to die, how we kill him i dont know, cut him up from head to toe, all i know is Saurez is going to die"

It's true, Luis Suarez will die one day. Soon hopefully.

Disgusting songs and chants sung by Manchester United fans Reina films racist, homophobic commercial, banned from TV - Page 2 950455 Why do you not post anything about these disgusting chants and songs your fans like to sing.

I have posted about these chants before.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:22 am

Jordo wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:I think it's really funny Laughing

Although it's controversial regardless of the race portrayed, as it implies Reina getting raped. I understand why they banned it. Reina shouldn't have agreed to do this in the first place imo.

Does it fuck.
    Yes it does Neutral.

The interpreter says when introducing the two: "This is rey (king) and this is Reina (queen). Then the chief says something again which the interpreter refuses to translate, then they shove Reina to him. Then Reina says: "Siento segurooo", which is ironic obviously. That implies him getting raped/married to the chief.
    Quite a clever advert, although I understand why some black people take offence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 pm