Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
ShakerMatty
Grenade
Sean
CollieBuddz
Drake
VivaRonaldoLAD
ayvee1
Dean
ConorCelticFC
Stokes
Mal
Mason
Totti
Kuled
Zzonked
TheRangersFan
MickStupp
Jordi
22 posters

Generic Rangers in administration thread

Anonymous

Generic Rangers in administration thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Generic Rangers in administration thread

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Lovely start to the day:

Rangers director Dave King believes 'liquidation is inevitable'
    “It grieves me to state that it seems inevitable that the footballing institution will survive but the company won't," says King.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/300003-rangers-director-dave-king-warns-liquidation-is-inevitable/
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Generic Rangers in administration thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Generic Rangers in administration thread

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 pm

What's the bottom line to all of this?

Is it actually possible that the big house could not stay open?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Zzonked wrote:What's the bottom line to all of this?

Is it actually possible that the big house could not stay open?

Ofcourse, unfortunately it is more than likely the big house will close. Just a matter of time. See Rangers directors statement above, liquidation is inevitable. It will happen one way or another.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Scott McClymont ‏ @mcclymontscott Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Former Rangers director Paul Murray says he'll make a takeover bid for club before next Friday t.co/vmoO8K5b
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 am

Just read an article from Twitter and picked this out of it. Jela has me to believe that Whyte is a good guy, although I'm not entirely certain he is.

The harsh reality is that Craig Whyte has abused the loyalty of the fans by trading that future loyalty for cash in a manner that has excluded the club's ability to provide the very product that the fans were expected to pay for.

To have done this, and then blatantly lied about it, is an abuse that no fan of any club should have to suffer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 am

Billy Davies wrote:Just read an article from Twitter and picked this out of it. Jela has me to believe that Whyte is a good guy, although I'm not entirely certain he is.

The harsh reality is that Craig Whyte has abused the loyalty of the fans by trading that future loyalty for cash in a manner that has excluded the club's ability to provide the very product that the fans were expected to pay for.

To have done this, and then blatantly lied about it, is an abuse that no fan of any club should have to suffer.

What a clever way to put it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

This from a reporter working for UEFA ..

Alex O'Henley ‏ @UEFAcomAlexO Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Dave King's assertion that #RangersFC titles won't be stripped might turn out to be a tad presumptuous. Developing story.

Oh fuck aye getting the jelly and ice cream out again!

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 am

Rangers will be sold in the next few days ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 am

@RobHarrisUK: BREAKING: Administrators "accelerate" Rangers sale process. Club in "perilous financial situation" as players reject cuts
    You wont be sold Laughing

RIP
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:28 am

Still yet to answer my posts... Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 am

Must cut costs/receive unplanned income or "not able to fulfil fixtures".
    Think you are gone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:33 am

It's simple, anyone who rejects a pay cut, no matter who they are, then sack them. Simples. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 am

Graham Spiers ‏ @GrahamSpiers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Rangers FC administrators saying the club is on the rocks, so financially ruined it might not even be able to finish the season. Carnage.

Generic Rangers in administration thread - Page 4 GPDrool

Looks like if no sale of the club in the next week then liquidation.

Didn't think it would be this bad, even before the £49m tax bill. I'm going to overdose on jelly and ice cream.

Last edited by The Maestro on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 am

Oh well then, I know a fun game ... Lets think of new names for the phoenix club eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:35 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Oh well then, I know a fun game ... Lets think of new names for the phoenix club eek2

"Liquidation .. it's impossible"

-Jelavic7|EFC
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:36 am

No-one will buy Rangers when the outcome of the Tax Liability Case isn't know. Liquidation seems the only realistic scenario.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:36 am

I'll start the list:

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs Football Club 2012
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 am

Something Vaguely offensive to a large religious group FC
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:No-one will buy Rangers when the outcome of the Tax Liability Case isn't know. Liquidation seems the only realistic scenario.

Why would the tax case bother anyone? We'll just liquidate and get away with it again. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:No-one will buy Rangers when the outcome of the Tax Liability Case isn't know. Liquidation seems the only realistic scenario.

Why would the tax case bother anyone? We'll just liquidate and get away with it again. Laughing
    facepalm
    If the club is to be bought, it would matter. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 am

I'll translate this statement to one sentance.

Either a real billionaire willing to lose £90m shows up or the club will be envious of Berwick Rangers budget
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:42 am

The Maestro wrote:I'll translate this statement to one sentance.

Either a real billionaire willing to lose £90m shows up or the club will be envious of Berwick Rangers budget
    What league would they have to start in?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:43 am

If we go into liquidation, they won't lose anything. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 am

Genuinely had no idea wage cuts were only option to keep Rangers viable. I thought redundancy of lower tier players might've been enough.

So I guess this is why they didn't make anyone redundant, because the players hold so much value to Rangers that they can't simply be sacked.

Mike Farrell ‏ @mikefstv Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Administrators say Rangers will not be able to see this season's fixtures out without severe cuts or new income http://bit.ly/xusT34

Alex O'Henley ‏ @UEFAcomAlexO Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Major question marks over whether #RangersFC will see out the season now. Have we seen last Old Firm derby? History beckons for #Joe Ledley
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 am

I think Jela is ignoring you, BLP. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:45 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:I'll translate this statement to one sentance.

This is now where there is a lot of debate. The new company can apply to enter the Scottish Premier League, but has to be agreed by all clubs. Not likely. Club would have to start in Division Three.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 am

Totti wrote:I think Jela is ignoring you, BLP. Smile
    So do i Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 am

The Maestro wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:

This is now where there is a lot of debate. The new company can apply to enter the Scottish Premier League, but has to be agreed by all clubs. Not likely. Club would have to start in Division Three.
    Division three? I am sure an English counterpart would be a good 10 down...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:If we go into liquidation, they won't lose anything. Laughing
    Come on, enlighten us Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 am

The Maestro wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:

Neil Doncaster has already said that the TV deal depends on us. Therefore they may have to re-instate us no matter what. Although hopefully we'll reject it and start back in division three. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:59 am