Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Kuled
Lux
El_indian
Kris
Phadunkin Donuts
Jess
crump
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Ben 10
Sean
15 posters

What are your thoughts on abortion?

Anonymous

What are your thoughts on abortion? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:51 am

Relax, you guys are coming to your senses. Cool
    Anonymous

What are your thoughts on abortion? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 am

For it, I'll even pay
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:52 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:This question has been asked before, but basically I believe it's ok to abort if the pregnancy/birth will harm the life of the mother. It's also okay to abort the baby before it has a soul. In Islam, that would be after the first 120 days of pregnancy. But even then, I personally think one should have a good reason to abort (like rape, incest, deformation, etc.). Not just because you forgot to put on a condom.

Why not? You can't use childbirth as a punishment for carelessness.

I'm not saying abortion should be banned for people who failed to use a condom. I'm just saying on a personal level.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:14 am

Agree with Polska. This isn't the stone age. You can't just kill an extra deer to provide for your young. It's a serious financial commitment which some people aren't/shouldn't be ready for. It more than often destroys the mum's life although they won't admit that.

They should start making abortions more available. Set up clinics in ASDA and whatnot.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Agree with Polska. This isn't the stone age. You can't just kill an extra deer to provide for your young. It's a serious financial commitment which some people aren't/shouldn't be ready for. It more than often destroys the mum's life although they won't admit that.

They should start making abortions more available. Set up clinics in ASDA and whatnot.
    ASDA's are busy enough as it is in Glasgow.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 am

There are plenty of women in the world who can't physically have children. There are gay couples who would love children as well. I'm not sure why that is not seen as a more viable option than an abortion in many cases.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Agree with Polska. This isn't the stone age. You can't just kill an extra deer to provide for your young. It's a serious financial commitment which some people aren't/shouldn't be ready for. It more than often destroys the mum's life although they won't admit that.

Not necessarily a contradiction to your statement, but I think it is worth mentioning before the time of religion and civilization to shape peoples morals, hunter-gatherer tribes across the world regularly forced abortions when they knew their geographic region could not support feeding an extra family member. This practice continued in many societies to the modern age too. For example, in a relatively small Polynesian island with limited resources, the people had a population cap and if this cap was reached, any newly impregnate women would have their children abortion-ed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:23 pm