Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Kuled
Lux
El_indian
Kris
Phadunkin Donuts
Jess
crump
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Ben 10
Sean
15 posters

What are your thoughts on abortion?

Anonymous

What are your thoughts on abortion? Empty What are your thoughts on abortion?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 am

Me and these girls were speaking today and they were all on about marriage and shit, and I said this girl is pregnant and they were all like really? Yeah shes pregnant, 7 weeks gone, already had a miscarriage and 2 abortions. Neutral

Shit, I would never have an abortion,
    Me neither I'm a muslim,
    Same, I'm christian.

The one girl says she could only have an abortion if she was raped, so I asked would you have an abortion if you had a baby at this age (16) or younger like some other girl who is 14?

No way! I'd keep it and raise it and care for it.

Yeah but it would just be your parents looking after it and it would seem more like a sibling than a child of your own...

So yeah, cool story bro. But I want to know your thoughts on abortion..

Discuss.
    Anonymous

What are your thoughts on abortion? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 am

Abortion should be deemed acceptable if said person is under 16, mentally unfit or she has conceived the baby through an act of rape.
    Sean

What are your thoughts on abortion? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

Post by Sean Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 am

Unless it threatens the life of the mother I would say no, but I cant say unless Im in that position though
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 am

This is a perfect R.E exam question

Discuss this statement, refer to Christianity in your answer. [12]
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 am

I support abortion, but whatever one picks there should be no differentiation between certain types of babies (retard, incest/rape generated) and convenience abortions. It's either murder or it isn't, and I find the idea that it is murder, but it should be allowed in cases of retard or incest/rape generated babies to be disgusting. Murder of retards is not acceptable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 am

Kill all the foetuses!

What are your thoughts on abortion? YhVVF

No, but seriously, I'm okay with abortion in pretty much all circumstances.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:44 am

King Carlos wrote:Me and these girls were speaking today and they were all on about marriage and shit, and I said this girl is pregnant and they were all like really? Yeah shes pregnant, 7 weeks gone, already had a miscarriage and 2 abortions. Neutral

Me neither I'm a muslim,
    Same, I'm christian.

The one girl says she could only have an abortion if she was raped, so I asked would you have an abortion if you had a baby at this age (16) or younger like some other girl who is 14?

No way! I'd keep it and raise it and care for it.

Yeah but it would just be your parents looking after it and it would seem more like a sibling than a child of your own...

So yeah, cool story bro. But I want to know your thoughts on abortion..

Discuss.
    Then you went for it Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:44 am

I am all for abortion. I don't believe in the 'it is life' crap, or rather how it should affect the decision making.

As for society in particular, I think everyone should have access to the option to get an abortion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I am all for abortion. I don't believe in the 'it is life' crap, or rather how it should affect the decision making.

As for society in particular, I think everyone should have access to the option to get an abortion.
    This.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:56 am

Fair points.

So say you're a 15-16 year old guy, and you get your girlfriend pregnant, you've been together a year and a half. She wants the baby and you don't. What happens?

Does it matter how long you've been together?
    You don't want to be a dad at all, do you leave the girl alone or force her to have an abortion?
    You don't want to be a dad at that age but would still help support the baby and stay with the girl however long you've been together.

I'm more the last option, I asked them say if you wanted the baby and I didn't what happens then? They said if we have been together ages and she loves me she would have an abortion for the better of us. Or she would ask her family for support but feels I should still be involved.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to be in this situation and I said I would like to be a dad one day so wouldn't force the abortion on her, but if I was older of course we'd have the baby but at 16 would you really want to be a dad? I'd support it and care for it all I could but its just such a hard thing to do I imagine.

(All of this is made up btw, I've not got some girl pregnant Laughing)
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:56 am

Everyone moans on about everyone should have freedom, and then in their second breath nobody shud av abortions it kills it.

Should be allowed to have an abortion up to the given time, I see nothing wrong with it.
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

I swear we've had an abortion thread before but abortion should always, always be an option.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:06 am

I am against abortion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am

whats wrong with abortion? The baby cannot feel anything at this stage, it has no feelings or memory, it is simply prevention of life, and if the babies upbringing will be damaged because of the mothers social situation then there should be no reason for it to come into the world, just to live a miserable upbringing.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

This thread again? Yippee!

If I am told that my child will be born with brain defects or 1 arm, or anything like that.. I will throw it away.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:39 am

Ed wrote:whats wrong with abortion? The baby cannot feel anything at this stage, it has no feelings or memory, it is simply prevention of life, and if the babies upbringing will be damaged because of the mothers social situation then there should be no reason for it to come into the world, just to live a miserable upbringing.
    It is wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 am

I wonder how common abortions actually are nowadays. I only know one person who's had one...and I'm not even 100% she had one, could've just been a vicious rumour shifty
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 am

I think they're alright when talking about rape victims, as well as people who are too young.

When it comes to retards, then there are questions that call for answering. What defines "a retard" in this case, and are the parents fit for raising that child. There's no point in bringing a person to anything, when all the person will do is suffer.

But convenience abortions are plain wrong, at least if you ask me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 pm

This question has been asked before, but basically I believe it's ok to abort if the pregnancy/birth will harm the life of the mother. It's also okay to abort the baby before it has a soul. In Islam, that would be after the first 120 days of pregnancy. But even then, I personally think one should have a good reason to abort (like rape, incest, deformation, etc.). Not just because you forgot to put on a condom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Glen Damon wrote:
    Ed wrote:whats wrong with abortion? The baby cannot feel anything at this stage, it has no feelings or memory, it is simply prevention of life, and if the babies upbringing will be damaged because of the mothers social situation then there should be no reason for it to come into the world, just to live a miserable upbringing.
    It is wrong.
    Is it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:It is wrong.
    Is it?
    Indeed.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm

The one girl says she could only have an abortion if she was raped

cool story bro, weird conversation.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Me neither I'm a muslim,
    Same, I'm christian.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 pm

ahlycotc wrote:This question has been asked before, but basically I believe it's ok to abort if the pregnancy/birth will harm the life of the mother. It's also okay to abort the baby before it has a soul. In Islam, that would be after the first 120 days of pregnancy. But even then, I personally think one should have a good reason to abort (like rape, incest, deformation, etc.). Not just because you forgot to put on a condom.

Why not? You can't use childbirth as a punishment for carelessness.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 pm

I don't think you need a good reason morally, but if you're just being a multi-offender due to carelessness then that's just a waste of taxpayer's money...so I'd think about a way to stop it from that perspective.

El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

I think the decision should ultimately be made by the bitch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Lux wrote:I don't think you need a good reason morally, but if you're just being a multi-offender due to carelessness then that's just a waste of taxpayer's money...so I'd think about a way to stop it from that perspective.

Does this actually happen though? I doubt abortions are pleasant, I can't see why any woman would choose that over contraception. Unless they're retarded or something.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 pm

GOATarenka wrote:
    Lux wrote:I don't think you need a good reason morally, but if you're just being a multi-offender due to carelessness then that's just a waste of taxpayer's money...so I'd think about a way to stop it from that perspective.

Does this actually happen though? I doubt abortions are pleasant, I can't see why any woman would choose that over contraception. Unless they're retarded or something.

I've heard of it in a few cases.

But I dunno....I assume some women have had multiple abortions.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 am

Glen Damon wrote:I am against abortion.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:37 am

I 100% agree with polska. Which is weird, but... yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:26 pm