Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Mr. Hassard
Danny
Zzonked
Weather130
Pippo
Benitez
LFC_Grunners
Paulinho
ShakerMatty
Keanoo
SBSP
YukiAbe1996
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Barton
Gegilworld93
Uncle John from Jamaica
Hernandez_14
Grenade
CollieBuddz
ResurrectionRooney
iSamuel
Laurencio
Jord
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
Drake
menalawyerguy
ayvee1
Totti
crump
Schnix
Jack
Theo Filippo
Ben 10
Mason
Kuled
Jordi
TheRangersFan
43 posters

Rangers in administration (lozies)

Anonymous

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 20 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 am

I just can't seem to get enough ... of all of this positive news.

Oh and another point, Ibrox is sold out for the weekend. #nosurrender

Truly the best fans in the world not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 20 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 am

I thought liquidation was the ideal outcome?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I thought liquidation was the ideal outcome?

Possibly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 am

I'll put this on the new page so people can actually see what's going on

(1) Administrators must say liquidation is remote. It would be no benefit to say liquidation is guaranteed. Rest assured, If HMRC win their case it's game over.

(2) The Scottish government can't step in, and won't. I'm sure you're referring to a quote from Alex Salmond today that Scotland needs Rangers. He doesn't say he will step in. It provoked an angry response and Scottish Minister of Sport has just said "I want to be clear that no public money would be offered to bail out any football club and this remains the case with Rangers."

Celtic responded a short while ago to Salmond

IN response to comments made by First Minister Alex Salmond, the club have released the following statement:

“We are very disappointed with the First Minister’s claims that Celtic ‘need’ Rangers and that Celtic ‘can't prosper unless Rangers are there’”.

"This is simply not true. In a series of interviews given just three days ago, we made it abundantly clear that Celtic has a well-defined strategy and a business plan independent of the fortunes of any other club. That remains absolutely the case.

“The predicament of Rangers is clearly a serious and complex matter with a whole range of possible outcomes.

“However, we are extremely well-qualified to make our own position clear and have no wish to see this being misrepresented for political reasons .”

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Alexander fucking Salmond is trying to make this a Scotland Vs. Britain thing.

It's pretty obvious he's trying to win votes by pandering to the massive unionist contingent in the Rangers support.

Also, I'm staggered at Alex Salmond coming out and saying he hopes Rangers survive and that the country needs them.

Has anyone told him they've stolen around £36m from Government coffers and owe about £70m in total?? Can't get my head around a government leader advocating for a company that cheated paying tax to survive? As I said before, he is trying to make political capital from their situation but it's completely backfired.

The press conference held by administrators this afternoon has also raised more questions.

Grant Russell @STVGrant Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
    Administrators refuse to answer question "Has Craig Whyte taken this club for a ride?"

Rangers' administrators were asked if what has gone on here was normal, answer "no".

Administrators also couldn't answer where the £9m in tax that Rangers havent paid since Whyte took over has gone, and the rest of the £24m loan Whyte took out using season tickets has not made it to Rangers accounts, and is in Whytes account instead. Rangers in debt of £24m to Ticketus.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:14 am

The Maestro wrote:I'll put this on the new page so people can actually see what's going on

(1) Administrators must say liquidation is remote. It would be no benefit to say liquidation is guaranteed. Rest assured, If HMRC win their case it's game over.

(2) The Scottish government can't step in, and won't. I'm sure you're referring to a quote from Alex Salmond today that Scotland needs Rangers. He doesn't say he will step in. It provoked an angry response and Scottish Minister of Sport has just said "I want to be clear that no public money would be offered to bail out any football club and this remains the case with Rangers."

Celtic responded a short while ago to Salmond

IN response to comments made by First Minister Alex Salmond, the club have released the following statement:

“We are very disappointed with the First Minister’s claims that Celtic ‘need’ Rangers and that Celtic ‘can't prosper unless Rangers are there’”.

"This is simply not true. In a series of interviews given just three days ago, we made it abundantly clear that Celtic has a well-defined strategy and a business plan independent of the fortunes of any other club. That remains absolutely the case.

“The predicament of Rangers is clearly a serious and complex matter with a whole range of possible outcomes.

“However, we are extremely well-qualified to make our own position clear and have no wish to see this being misrepresented for political reasons .”

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Alexander fucking Salmond is trying to make this a Scotland Vs. Britain thing.

It's pretty obvious he's trying to win votes by pandering to the massive unionist contingent in the Rangers support.

Also, I'm staggered at Alex Salmond coming out and saying he hopes Rangers survive and that the country needs them.

Has anyone told him they've stolen around £36m from Government coffers and owe about £70m in total?? Can't get my head around a government leader advocating for a company that cheated paying tax to survive? As I said before, he is trying to make political capital from their situation but it's completely backfired.

The press conference held by administrators this afternoon has also raised more questions.

Administrators refuse to answer question "Has Craig Whyte taken this club for a ride?"

Rangers' administrators were asked if what has gone on here was normal, answer "no".

Administrators also couldn't answer where the £9m in tax that Rangers havent paid since Whyte took over has gone, and the rest of the £24m loan Whyte took out using season tickets has not made it to Rangers accounts, and is in Whytes account instead. Rangers in debt of £24m to Ticketus.

Failure to pay the correct tax is not theft.
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Vanguard Bears: An open message to the Celtic Family:

Despite what your graceless Chief executive and compliant media would tell you, you have little right to the endemic mock indignation which vast majority of you seem to display like a mawkish badge of honour.

For if we are to put your Club and it's history under the same degree of scrutiny afforded Rangers FC and it's recent history I fear that there would be nothing mock about the universal revulsion and indignation felt by the majority of right minded people.

From wartime machinations against the country from which you have gained your history and some would say prominence in the football world, to child abuse and the systemic failure and cover up which ensued. The subsequent dynasties of custodian families who are alleged to have massaged down attendance figures so as to line their own pockets and therefore evade paying tax. If we are to consider stripping miscreant clubs of their honours then surely much of your nine in a row is tarnished?

In fact your clubs flirtation with administration or indeed worse was precipitated by years of asset stripping by those very families, Celtic minded zealots who could not find it in their hearts or narrow minds to admit their greatest ever manager to the board because of his religion, a policy still in place today...And you preach to us about being inclusive, Mark Walters certainly felt included when he made his debut for Rangers at your stadium, included into your vile hatred of Rangers coupled with your endemic racism which is consistently peddled by today's supporters via twitter and facebook.

How many fines have you had from UEFA in regard to pitch invasion? How many of your number glory in the anthems which celebrate a sectarian murder gang? How many referees and their families have been attacked or intimidated by supporters of your club? Scotland's shame indeed, a body of fans who despite the huge improvement in behaviour of the Rangers support, categorically refuse to drop the sectarian name calling and singing which blights their club!

Enjoy reveling in what is the darkest hour for Rangers and it's support, but remember this: You will always be a graceless, classless organisation founded on the basis of religious expediency and separation. Rangers will always be seen as Scotland's greatest club, your nemesis, the antithesis of all that you stand for, we will be back stronger and better than before with Celtic emphatically consigned to where they belong....In our wake!!

Stopped reading. rofl

Bunch of total lunatics.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 am

Douglas Fraser @BBCDouglsFraser
    #Rangers administrators: £24m from Ticketus, secured against future season ticket sales, didn't go into club accounts. Not visible. Wow
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:05 am

Craig Whyte not worthy not worthy Happy Tears

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 am

Mark Daly @markdaly2 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Alistair Johnston calls for criminal investigation into Whyte's #rangers takeover to probe if fraud occurred.

Strathclyde Police confirm they've been passed a dossier of info on #rangers and are conducting a preliminary examination of it.

Strathclyde Police
    Strathclyde Police can confirm that we have been passed information regarding the ongoing situation at Rangers Football Club. This is currently being examined and it would be inappropriate to comment further.

Please don't arrest Whytey Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

Jordo wrote:Douglas Fraser @BBCDouglsFraser
    #Rangers administrators: £24m from Ticketus, secured against future season ticket sales, didn't go into club accounts. Not visible. Wow

Which is obviously well played from Whyte. Laughing

Everyone knows that Whyte has a lot of money, now that we're in admin, had it been in the clubs account, the administrators could have used it. But now we will spend it afterwards.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

The Maestro wrote:Mark Daly @markdaly2 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Alistair Johnston calls for criminal investigation into Whyte's #rangers takeover to probe if fraud occurred.

Strathclyde Police confirm they've been passed a dossier of info on #rangers and are conducting a preliminary examination of it.

Strathclyde Police
    Strathclyde Police can confirm that we have been passed information regarding the ongoing situation at Rangers Football Club. This is currently being examined and it would be inappropriate to comment further.

Please don't arrest Whytey Sad

The actions of broken fans, you just can't bare that yet again, we've outwitted the tax man and well celtic. :lol;
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Jordo wrote:Douglas Fraser @BBCDouglsFraser

Everyone knows that Whyte has a lot of money, now that we're in admin, had it been in the clubs account, the administrators could have used it. But now we will spend it afterwards.

Fucking hell.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

Jordo wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

Fucking hell.

#wedontneedtopayourtaxes
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 am

Ooh, I like the part where people stop replying to Jela because he's a troll.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:I just can't seem to get enough ... of all of this positive news.

Oh and another point, Ibrox is sold out for the weekend. #nosurrender

Truly the best fans in the world not worthy
    Your not the best fans in glasgow let alone the world.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-HyPCe73fdw
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Milan Mandaric interested in buying Rangers.

Seriously though, To Maestro/Totti etc, I cba with this pish anymore i.e. winding each other up when most of the time, it's merely speculation. Laughing
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Looking forward to going to the game tomorrow. Don't usually go to home games against the dregs of the SPL but buzzing for this one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Milan Mandaric interested in buying Rangers

No he's not Razz

Said he's shocked to be linked with Raners and has no interest.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:46 am

Whats happening with that shit striker Cousin?

Surely you can't afford another 7.5k a week on wages Laughing
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:37 am

Rangers fans thought Whyte was clearing the debt with his own wealth, leaving them to prosper. The reality is Whyte has used future season ticket money to pay off a debt the club couldn't service when they sell 23k of their season tickets at half price. Ticketus released a statement today confirming they own Rangers season tickets

STV News @STVNews Reply Retweet Favorited · Open
    Ticketus confirm the deal with Rangers owner Craig Whyte is not a cash loan bit.ly/yGDFWg

STV News @STVNews Reply Retweet Favorited · Open
    Ticketus claims Rangers deal means it owns fans season tickets for four years bit.ly/yGDFWg

Another reason Rangers will be liquidated, and another indication, if there wasn't enough already, that Whyte knew what he was doing from day one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 am

Comes in 10 pages later, Jela still trolling.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:27 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Comes in 10 pages later, Jela still trolling.

Laughing

Yeah, I've ended it now though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:05 am

So what is the likely hood of liquidation?
    And yes jela, it is entirely relevant.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:So what is the likely hood of liquidation?

The administrators said yesterday, that it was "remote".
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:19 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Milan Mandaric interested in buying Rangers.

Seriously though, To Maestro/Totti etc, I cba with this pish anymore i.e. winding each other up when most of the time, it's merely speculation. Laughing

I haven't really gotten too involved with this, but yeah, I can accept a truce.

@ Mandaric possibility, I don't see how that would improve the situation tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

The administrators said yesterday, that it was "remote".
    But in above posts in states it is not in their best interests to suggest it is a likely outcome.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:23 am

The administrators have said liquidation is remote, but that's something they need to say. It would be no benefit to say liquidation is guaranteed.

Financial expert saying liquidation is only outcome

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2101788/Rangers-administration-Insolvency-expert-sees-outcome-liquidation.html

The news from today is that Ticketus have released a statement, which looks like it has moved Rangers from Administration to Liquidation. It says they own Rangers season tickets for the next four years, so effectively fans will buy tickets from Ticketus. In other words, unless rangers go into liquidation, the majority of season ticket money will go to Ticketus for four years regardless of their owner. Another reason why liquidation is inevitable, if there wasn't enough to suggest it with the £75m tax bill which will be impossible to pay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:34 am

Any idea on a time frame for liquidation?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:55 pm