Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Mr. Hassard
Danny
Zzonked
Weather130
Pippo
Benitez
LFC_Grunners
Paulinho
ShakerMatty
Keanoo
SBSP
YukiAbe1996
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Barton
Gegilworld93
Uncle John from Jamaica
Hernandez_14
Grenade
CollieBuddz
ResurrectionRooney
iSamuel
Laurencio
Jord
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
Drake
menalawyerguy
ayvee1
Totti
crump
Schnix
Jack
Theo Filippo
Ben 10
Mason
Kuled
Jordi
TheRangersFan
43 posters

Rangers in administration (lozies)

Anonymous

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 am

Laurencio wrote:How hasn't this thread been moderated yet Suspect
    Because I'm not mod yet. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 am

Another Ancient Firm argument Neutral

Fuck it
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:23 am

I I I I
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:23 am

CollieBuddz wrote:I I I I

"and er I I I I I and erm I I I I " - Craig whyte
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:24 am

Craig Whyte: "I am here to stay" not worthy

THE FUTURES BRIGHT, THE FUTURES BLUE & WHYTE!
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Craig Whyte: "and er E-III I am here to stay" Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 914411

Fixed
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 am

Barton wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Craig Whyte: "and er E-III I am here to stay" Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 914411

Fixed

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 70955
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:30 am

The Maestro wrote:You are talking out of your arse.

Let's face it, the Scottish league needs a revamp as it is!! With Rangers gone clubs can compete for European spots. I can easily see this as being an opportunity for Aberdeen and Dundee United in particular to grow and challenge again. The league can only get more competitive without Rangers. Anyway, RANGERS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE AS IT STANDS, It's administration, not liquidation.

I'll say it again, Celtic fans DO NOT CARE for Rangers. We support our club. We go to Celtic Park to watch our team, we've got one of the biggest fanbases in the world, it's NOT DOWN TO RANGERS.

Anyway, Sky gives the league around £2m a year for all of the television rights, including the Old Firm derby. Are you telling me without that money Celtic will perish?!!? Celtic make money because of the PRODUCT THEY HAVE, unlike down south where clubs RELY COMPLETELY on Sky money.

You've got nothing to back yourself up with.

Peter Lawell today before the news broke of Rangers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17013512

Do you really think that people are going to keep coming to watch Celtic if it's a comfortable stroll to the League title every year? Do you think anyone's going to want to play in such a League?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

In what way? This is fucking hilarious!!

I'm a CELTIC supporter. Among 60,000 other Celtic fans, we go to Celtic Park to watch CELTIC. I do not care what happens to Rangers.

How much do Celtic even get for the Old Firm game from Sky a season? About £1million

I'll pass thanks.

60,000? Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 70955 You can't even hit 50,000 on average, it's sitting at: 49472. Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 70955

+ The TV deal is around £5million a season.
    wut Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:You are talking out of your arse.

Let's face it, the Scottish league needs a revamp as it is!! With Rangers gone clubs can compete for European spots. I can easily see this as being an opportunity for Aberdeen and Dundee United in particular to grow and challenge again. The league can only get more competitive without Rangers. Anyway, RANGERS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE AS IT STANDS, It's administration, not liquidation.

I'll say it again, Celtic fans DO NOT CARE for Rangers. We support our club. We go to Celtic Park to watch our team, we've got one of the biggest fanbases in the world, it's NOT DOWN TO RANGERS.

Anyway, Sky gives the league around £2m a year for all of the television rights, including the Old Firm derby. Are you telling me without that money Celtic will perish?!!? Celtic make money because of the PRODUCT THEY HAVE, unlike down south where clubs RELY COMPLETELY on Sky money.

You've got nothing to back yourself up with.

Peter Lawell today before the news broke of Rangers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17013512

Do you really think that people are going to keep coming to watch Celtic if it's a comfortable stroll to the League title every year? Do you think anyone's going to want to play in such a League?

Can't you get your head around the notion that if Rangers aren't as strong, then other teams can challenge? The laegue would become more competitive.

People go to watch Celtic no matter what, we support celtic. That's what being a supporter is. Do you only support Manchester United because of Chelsea? or Man City?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:33 am

Grenade wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

60,000? Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 70955 You can't even hit 50,000 on average, it's sitting at: 49472. Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 6 70955

+ The TV deal is around £5million a season.
    wut Neutral

Exactly, Scottish football doesn't have sufficient income to do anything in the footballing world these days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:
    wut Neutral

Exactly, Scottish football doesn't have sufficient income to do anything in the footballing world these days.
    Are you fucking serious?

Polish clubs get only 500k a season. Fuck off.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 am

Come on. Unless rangers face liquidation, a 10 point penalty is not really going to stop them being the second most dominant team in Scotland.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 am

The Maestro wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Can't you get your head around the notion that if Rangers aren't as strong, then other teams can challenge? The laegue would become more competitive.

People go to watch Celtic no matter what, we support celtic. That's what being a supporter is. Do you only support Manchester United because of Chelsea? or Man City?

If Chelsea and City went bust then yeah, I'd still watch United, because the League would still be competitive, sides like Arsenal and particularly Liverpool would challenge, but that won't happen in Scotland, the population isn't big enough. If Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and City all went into liquidation I wouldn't be as interested any more though, my main interest would be CL games anyway.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 am

Billy Davies wrote:Also, everyone that has laughed in this thread at Rangers can go and get cancer and die. Everyone on this forum is such a hypocritical cunt it's unreal.

If this were the other way round and Jela was posting many rofl's at you club going into administration, you wouldn't shut the fuck up about it trying to get him a ban, and everyone would think they're some sort of Internet hard guy for acting like a sheep in the way they try to demean Jela, as if to show to others that they're cool too so they should fit in.

Reality is, you're all a bunch of sad little pricks that need to get out more an have a bit of a life, instead of spending the majority of your day taking jibes at a 16 year old boy on the Internet.
    Gay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 am

LQL
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 am

I wonder how a big club like Rangers go into admin, such a shame........not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 am

https://twitter.com/#!/39CraigBellamy

rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 am

The Maestro wrote:https://twitter.com/#!/39CraigBellamy

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Its Fake.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:15 am

Billy Davies wrote:Also, everyone that has laughed in this thread at Rangers can go and get cancer and die. Everyone on this forum is such a hypocritical cunt it's unreal.

If this were the other way round and Jela was posting many rofl's at you club going into administration, you wouldn't shut the fuck up about it trying to get him a ban, and everyone would think they're some sort of Internet hard guy for acting like a sheep in the way they try to demean Jela, as if to show to others that they're cool too so they should fit in.

Reality is, you're all a bunch of sad little pricks that need to get out more an have a bit of a life, instead of spending the majority of your day taking jibes at a 16 year old boy on the Internet.

Last bit was rather gay, nice effort though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:21 am

Can someone give me an idea of how likely rangers are to hit the wall?
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 am

Maestro, is it true that profits at Celtic have decreased as sharply as I read somewhere earlier? Saying that they took a profit of £180k in the last 6 months of last year, compared to £7m in 2010.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:40 am

We've made a profit, and our accounts are very healthy. So what if we haven't made as much of a profit? It happens on the odd occassion,

Also I'd like to remind everyone the quality of the Scottish league the last time Rangers were in the doldrums. We had Aberdeen and Dundee United successfully competing in Europe, and REAL competition for the league. We had ALL that without Rangers. It was Rangers and their financial domineering, effectively cheating, that destroyed all of that. You reap what you sow.

In the 80's there were four seperate title winners, Hearts were within a goal of making it five, Dundee United and Aberdeen reached European finals.

It's fair to say when Rangers do go into administration, they WILL STILL BE HERE, but a less dominant Rangers can only be a good thing for the competitiveness of Scottish football. The league needs a revamp anyway.

As for Celtic, our finances are fine, we don't depend on Rangers in any way whatsoever. The Scottish Premier League only gets about £2M a year from Sky for television rights, including the Old Firm game.

Will Celtic perish if they miss out on that money? Please, don't delude yourself.

It's safe to say I am enjoying seeing Rangers suffer, one hundred years of bigotry .. one word springs to mind .. KARMA!!
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:44 am

Obviously, times have changed since the 80s. You look at the other SPL teams now and tell me who could challenge Celtic. And European finals will certainly be difficult to come by if Celtic keep up their away record in Europe, the co-efficient will plummet even further.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:55 am

Who could challenge us RIGHT NOW? Nobody.

But that will change if you go into administration. Teams will be able to compete again without Rangers intervening.

The rivalry has been based on false pretences for the past twenty years. In the early eighties Rangers were finishing below teams like Hibernian, Aberdeen and Dundee United, whilst Aberdeen were beating Real Madrid in European finals. That only changed when David Murray bought Rangers and started spending ridiculous amounts of money on players .. This lasted for twenty years. It is only today that the chickens have come home to roost.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:02 am

And have you considered what a vastly reduced TV deal would do to all the other SPL clubs? Will the channels even bother to cover the SPL? Celtic may be just fine financially, but if other clubs' incomes are reduced severely how can you expect them to compete?

Look at the sponsors we've had in the last decade, maybe longer: Tennent's, Carling, NTL etc. Both Old Firm teams sponsored because they mean so much more together as a brand.

Also, a lot of players are attracted to Celtic and Rangers at the prospect of an Old Firm derby, but will that attraction diminish if it becomes a non-event?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 am

I'm kinda feeling bad for Rangers.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 am

The Maestro wrote:Who could challenge us RIGHT NOW? Nobody.

But that will change if you go into administration. Teams will be able to compete again without Rangers intervening.

The rivalry has been based on false pretences for the past twenty years. In the early eighties Rangers were finishing below teams like Hibernian, Aberdeen and Dundee United, whilst Aberdeen were beating Real Madrid in European finals. That only changed when David Murray bought Rangers and started spending ridiculous amounts of money on players .. This lasted for twenty years. It is only today that the chickens have come home to roost.

What are the chances Rangers won't be able to get second even with a 10 point penalty? Pretty low, no?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

Kuled wrote:I'm kinda feeling bad for Rangers.

Wow cool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:13 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:49 am