Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Muhkoo
Jess
Childish Logic
chemicalrubber
Jorlung
GK01
Sean
Barton
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Jord
Jamie14
17 posters

Abortion: right or wrong?

Poll

Where do you stand on abortion?

[ 15 ]
    Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_left56%Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_left33%Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_left11%Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Anonymous

Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 Empty Re: Abortion: right or wrong?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 am

NZG wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Er...seriously? That's your nickname? It was a wild shot in the dark. Anyway you didn't respond to my first post you ignorant shit.

A terrible, unfunny nickname. Also refrain from insulting me as it makes your look like an idiot.

Nice one bro.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 am

James wrote:
    NZG wrote:

A terrible, unfunny nickname. Also refrain from insulting me as it makes your look like an idiot.

Nice one bro.

shit facepalm
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:53 am

As for RR's post, i don't see how i said abortion was murder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

I don't see how putting a baby for adoption preferred to aborting it(unless a foster home is found soon afterwords). It benefits noone, not the baby, not the parent, not society and definitely not the earth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I don't see how putting a baby for adoption preferred to aborting it(unless a foster home is found soon afterwords). It benefits noone, not the baby, not the parent, not society and definitely not the earth.

What if that new life can benefit society?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I've probably flushed the world player of the year down the toilet a few times shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 pm

NZG wrote:As for RR's post, i don't see how i said abortion was murder.
    If it's not then what's the problem?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I don't see how putting a baby for adoption preferred to aborting it(unless a foster home is found soon afterwords). It benefits noone, not the baby, not the parent, not society and definitely not the earth.

Bullshit excuse. Odds are highly favorable in it not benefiting society. Those odds are further shortened by the fact that the life is a result of an unwanted pregnancy who probably can't financially or emotionally support said life.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Adopted children in particular are a drain on society, because society has to pay for their care for 18 years+.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Fuck society. I'd rather a child was adopted than aborted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Bullshit excuse. Odds are highly favorable in it not benefiting society. Those odds are further shortened by the fact that the life is a result of an unwanted pregnancy who probably can't financially or emotionally support said life.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Adopted children in particular are a drain on society, because society has to pay for their care for 18 years+.

Society? Why is adopting a child any different from having one naturally? Steve Jobs was adopted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:38 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Bullshit excuse. Odds are highly favorable in it not benefiting society. Those odds are further shortened by the fact that the life is a result of an unwanted pregnancy who probably can't financially or emotionally support said life.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Adopted children in particular are a drain on society, because society has to pay for their care for 18 years+.

Society? Why is adopting a child any different from having one naturally? Steve Jobs was adopted.
    You'd think the answer is obvious.

Sean wrote:Fuck society. I'd rather a child was adopted than aborted.

Fuck the man right? Sure let's go with that.

You still have to consider the impact on the child and parent, and the fact they are a drain on the earths resources still. Personally, the latter is as much of a concern to me than the impact on society.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

You'd think the answer is obvious.

Obviously not. There is no way of knowing the future. We don't know if that child can benefit society greatly (like Steve Jobs) or be a detriment (like Hitler). It's not for us to decide. Just let the child live and have his own future in his hands. If you can't financially or socially support a life, give it up for adoption. It should be the responsibility of the adoption service to provide a supportive lifestyle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Adoption/Foster centers(or whatever they are called, forgot the right term) should be for children who lack parents because of x reason (premature parental deaths for one), not for children their parents simply don't want or can't support.

Steve Jobs was given a foster home, so it isn't a good example. (I am all for adoption so long a foster home can be found while the kid is still young)

There is no way of knowing the future, but you can easily predict it. I predict given the insanely low odds that there will be a very high ratio of people who are strains on society and the planet to one Steve Jobs. Is having all those extra people worth it?

It is up to us to decide the fate of this planet, and more of us is a problem.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Adoption/Foster centers(or whatever they are called, forgot the right term) should be for children who lack parents because of x reason (premature parental deaths for one), not for children their parents simply don't want or can't support.

What's the difference to the child and the impact on society?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

Steve Jobs was a parasite who caused his own death, personally I think if the Hadiths are right then I'll see him in Hell pretty soon. Further, the majority of kids don't get adopted immediately, particularly kids with retardations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Steve Jobs was a parasite who caused his own death, personally I think if the Hadiths are right then I'll see him in Hell pretty soon. Further, the majority of kids don't get adopted immediately, particularly kids with retardations.

-_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:08 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Adoption/Foster centers(or whatever they are called, forgot the right term) should be for children who lack parents because of x reason (premature parental deaths for one), not for children their parents simply don't want or can't support.

Difference to the child? In what way are you referring too?

Impact on society? Well we are taking care of them for 18+ years which is a burden on society obviously.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Difference to the child? In what way are you referring too?

Impact on society? Well we are taking care of them for 18+ years which is a burden on society obviously.

It doesn't really make a difference to the foster child whether his or her biological parents are alive or not. Why is a foster child a burden on society? The impact of a foster child and a normal child are the same.

So why are you saying it's okay for a child to be adopted if his or her parents die prematurely, but not okay if the parents reject the child?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:23 pm

You are cute if you honestly believe all people are equal. Laughing

As they say, some people are more equal than others. Wink (This is why I advocate for a Meritocratic society, a society where everyone is given the chance to succeed, but at the same time acknowledges the fact not all people are equal)

/////

Everyone is a burden to society and especially the earth. A child that could've been aborted but isn't and given straight to foster center (and isn't immediately taken by a foster home incase I haven't been clear) is just a burden that could have easily been avoided.

And no, I am saying that if someone were to choose from abortion and giving birth and then rejecting the baby, I wish they just got the abortion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:You are cute if you honestly believe all people are equal. Laughing

As they say, some people are more equal than others. Wink (This is why I advocate for a Meritocratic society, a society where everyone is given the chance to succeed, but at the same time acknowledges the fact not all people are equal)

/////

Everyone is a burden to society and especially the earth. A child that could've been aborted but isn't and given straight to foster center (and isn't immediately taken by a foster home incase I haven't been clear) is just a burden that could have easily been avoided.

And no, I am saying that if someone were to choose from abortion and giving birth and then rejecting the baby, I wish they just got the abortion.

We are comparing two different types of foster children. One that lost their parents due to death. The other that was rejected by the biological parents. I don't see how equality or a meritocratic society plays into this.

To get around the problem you are pointing out, it should be a local issue. We aren't talking about abortion in Africa. In a developed nation like the USA, a foster child has less of a burden on society than one in Africa.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Every child is a burden. But they make up for it when they're adults by contributing back.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Abortion is wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:You are cute if you honestly believe all people are equal. Laughing

/////

We are comparing two different types of foster children. One that lost their parents due to death. The other that was rejected by the biological parents. I don't see how equality or a meritocratic society plays into this.

To get around the problem you are pointing out, it should be a local issue. We aren't talking about abortion in Africa. In a developed nation like the USA, a foster child has less of a burden on society than one in Africa.
    Oh no, I am not saying one is more of a burden than the other, both are burdens, one is avoidable though.

And we are certainly more of a burden than an African child.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 am

(it's okay to) Kill all the foetuses!

Abortion: right or wrong? - Page 3 X-all-the-things-template
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 am

ahlycotc wrote:I believe it should be allowed in certain circumstances (or at least morally acceptable in certain circumstances). These circumstances include...

Rape
    Severe disorders
    Threat to woman's life

Muslims also say that it's acceptable before four months of gestation. But I think there should be a good reason to do it within those 4 months.

It's much better to have the baby and give it up to adoption than kill it.

This.

And what is this talk of people not being equal?
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:33 am

Fuck Polska, Id hate to be a cold cunt like you Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:45 am

Sean wrote:Fuck Polska, Id hate to be a cold cunt like you Laughing
    I fucking love it! I see the world so differently and efficiently!

It's also a little depressing when you think about the future of humanity and the earth though. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 am

This is the same person who thinks black people start shit because of the color of their skin. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 am

ahlycotc wrote:This is the same person who thinks black people start shit because of the color of their skin. shifty
    firstly I was joking, secondly I never said anything about their skin color, rather the culture.

Frankly I find it insulting that you are grouping up african americans with all the black people in the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:26 pm