Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
blackskar
Dave
AriseForLife
luke.
Lux
Walcott
Mal
Torresxvilla
El Jefe
Cameron.
Jord
Jamie
Royal
Jordi
Kuled
Grenade
20 posters

Nasri or Gourcuff

Poll

Nasri or Gourcuff

[ 30 ]
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Bar_left86%Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Bar_left14%Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 35
    Anonymous

Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Empty Re: Nasri or Gourcuff

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? shifty

He said strikers are not attackers.

Yeah I knew it.. just cba changing it round -_-
    Its like saying cb's are not defenders.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:02 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? shifty

Exactly Laughing

Not workin in premier inn tonight then Chris :pirate:
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Now I like Nasri, but then I like Gourcuff. But which is better?

There's only 1 way to find out........

Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 638735vlcsnap-1480468
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 pm

luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Exactly Laughing

Travelodge actually. thumb
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Exactly Laughing

Damn. was close enough -_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 pm

luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Exactly Laughing

Damn. was close enough -_-
    Nah they're about 3 miles apart tbh.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

grenade187 wrote:Do you watch many MLS league games?

Since they dont compete in any major competitions I just watch the NY team because of Henry and I used to watch the Philly team for Ljumberg a few times.

Sometimes it can be painful to watch im not gona lie.

Nah I can't stomach watching MLS, I find it insanely boring. I tried to watch the Seattle Sounders because of Ljungberg in hopes of him bringing some of the European style to the MLS, but it still didn't catch me. I have also watched the Red Bulls because of Henry and it still doesn't do anything for me because the overall match itself is still very American.

luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 279869

And nearly a year later people still don't understand where I was coming from despite me explaining it in the simplest of terms. Only one person from the entire old boards got my point.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 279869

Yeah I knew it.. just cba changing it round Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 881856

Actually it's nothing like that because you fail to understand where I am coming from and I see no point in re-explaining something that was nearly a year ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 pm

I understand, because they don't run at the goal with the ball, they don't move the ball forward towards the goal, they just finish it off, which isn't true imo, a lot of strikers run with the ball forward, and even when they finish it off, it's an attacking move, trying to score. -_-
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Arise, I don't think you even know your own point in that argument. You say strikers aren't attackers because they aren't the only ones who attack. Neutral

That's like saying England isn't in Europe because France and Germany are also in Europe... Neutral
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm

kyro7 wrote:I understand, because they don't run at the goal with the ball, they don't move the ball forward towards the goal, they just finish it off, which isn't true imo, a lot of strikers run with the ball forward, and even when they finish it off, it's an attacking move, trying to score. Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 881856

A lot of strikers ISN'T all strikers. Also if you are playing with your back to goal say a la Shearer, turning and attempting to score is not what I would call attacking.

At the end of the day if you don't agree fine, more power to you and it doesn't change my opinion, but to keep repeating it like a broken record because you don't agree is pathetic plain and simple.

SBSP_FIFA wrote:Arise, I don't think you even know your own point in that argument. You say strikers aren't attackers because they aren't the only ones who attack. Neutral

That's like saying England isn't in Europe because France and Germany are also in Europe... Neutral

I know exactly what I am saying. Also that is a terrible analogy because its nothing like what I am saying.

What I am saying is if you have 100 strikers that play with their backs toward goal and another 30 that actually run at goal, does that 30 represent all strikers? No, so you can't say that all strikers are attackers, you would have to say that some strikers are attackers, not all.

A better example. Marouane Chamakh and Robin Van Persie are strikers that I would say attack, but if you look at someone like Ruud van Nistelrooij who is a back to goal, in the box striker. He is not attacking in my opinion so that would mean out of those 3, 2 are attacking and 1 isn't hence all strikers are not attackers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 pm

AriseForLife wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I understand, because they don't run at the goal with the ball, they don't move the ball forward towards the goal, they just finish it off, which isn't true imo, a lot of strikers run with the ball forward, and even when they finish it off, it's an attacking move, trying to score. Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 881856

A lot of strikers ISN'T all strikers. Also if you are playing with your back to goal say a la Shearer, turning and attempting to score is not what I would call attacking.

At the end of the day if you don't agree fine, more power to you and it doesn't change my opinion, but to keep repeating it like a broken record because you don't agree is pathetic plain and simple.

SBSP_FIFA wrote:Arise, I don't think you even know your own point in that argument. You say strikers aren't attackers because they aren't the only ones who attack. Neutral

I know exactly what I am saying. Also that is a terrible analogy because its nothing like what I am saying.

What I am saying is if you have 100 strikers that play with their backs toward goal and another 30 that actually run at goal, does that 30 represent all strikers? No, so you can't say that all strikers are attackers, you would have to say that some strikers are attackers, not all.

A better example. Marouane Chamakh and Robin Van Persie are strikers that I would say attack, but if you look at someone like Ruud van Nistelrooij who is a back to goal, in the box striker. He is not attacking in my opinion so that would mean out of those 3, 2 are attacking and 1 isn't hence all strikers are not attackers.

Kicking the ball at the other teams goal is attacking their goal, which is the aim. Mad
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

AriseForLife wrote:

Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Facepa10

Attacking = trying to score.
    Attacker = one who tries to score.

Is Van Nistelrooy trying to score? Yes, he is. Therefore he is an attacker. Neutral
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Kicking the ball at the other teams goal is attacking their goal, which is the aim. Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 158228

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 Facepa10

Attacking = trying to score.
    Attacker = one who tries to score.

Is Van Nistelrooy trying to score? Yes, he is. Therefore he is an attacker. Neutral

Again you two have your opinion and I have mine. Why is that so hard for you each to understand?

Why is my seeing something different such a big deal to you two?

Kicking the ball at the oppositions net does not = attacking in my opinion if that's all tha happens.

Last edited by AriseForLife on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Okay lets leave it at that.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

I see what he's trying to say, not all strikers are attackers..because most strikers these days just wait for the ball and try to strike. But in attacking is like getting the ball from deep and running at defenders...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah but, both are attacking moves, just because people that run at the goal are attackers, doesn't mean kicking the ball at the goal is not attacking.

But I'm only saying this to you, not arise. shifty
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:11 pm

I do get what you are saying Kyro, but in my opinion if I was playing striker and I was in the box and received a pass and the ONLY thing I did was turn and shoot. That too me does not equal attacking. In my eyes I do not see that as attacking, I see that as shooting or finishing and nothing more.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

What is attacking then? Surprised
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Watch Robben, Cristiano, Samir, etc. The attacking runs they make to get the ball into the oppositions end of the field. Once they pass to the strikers, depending on where the ST is on the pitch they can either be attacking or camping. If they are camping then I do not considering them attacking, but if they are outside the box trying to create something then I call that attacking.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Then no one can be considered anything tbh, because players do different things.

You might see Vermaelen make a forward run, and he's attacking, just like when he has a pop at goal, what your saying imo means no one should be classed as anything.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:05 pm

I don't get Arise's logic, with all due respect. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm

AriseForLife wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Yeah I knew it.. just cba changing it round Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 3 881856

Actually it's nothing like that because you fail to understand where I am coming from and I see no point in re-explaining something that was nearly a year ago.
    OK so CB's are defender's, in which case who are they defending against... the attacker's i would guess, but the strikers are not attackers according to you so do the cb's just let them by?

Cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Trying to score and running at goal trying to set up a striker to score is attacking. Homing down at the goal is attacking, strikers just holding to ball up for another player to come down and finish is attacking. I get Arise's point, but it'll be a hard order trying to convince people that strikers are not necessarily attackers.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 am

19Jones19v wrote:Trying to score and running at goal trying to set up a striker to score is attacking. Homing down at the goal is attacking, strikers just holding to ball up for another player to come down and finish is attacking. I get Arise's point, but it'll be a hard order trying to convince people that strikers are not necessarily attackers.

Nah.

If strikers are not attacking, then there will be no need to defend against them, considering you only defend against attacks. If Arise said this to somebody like Alex Ferguson he'd say fuck off you imbecile.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:23 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:Trying to score and running at goal trying to set up a striker to score is attacking. Homing down at the goal is attacking, strikers just holding to ball up for another player to come down and finish is attacking. I get Arise's point, but it'll be a hard order trying to convince people that strikers are not necessarily attackers.

Nah.

If strikers are not attacking, then there will be no need to defend against them, considering you only defend against attacks. If Arise said this to somebody like Alex Ferguson he'd say fuck off you imbecile.
    Yeah, but at some point in the match that striker will turn his defender and be facing the goalkeeper, having an attempt at goal and so on. There's no striker out there that doesn't attack the opposite team at some point in the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:40 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Nah.

Yeah, but at some point in the match that striker will turn his defender and be facing the goalkeeper, having an attempt at goal and so on. There's no striker out there that doesn't attack the opposite team at some point in the game.
    To sum this whole thing up..

Strikers = attackers.

Arise is either just a stupid cunt who hasn't got a clue or stubborn.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:45 am

Why do you all hate Arise for?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 am

grenade187 wrote:Why do you all hate Arise for?
    Don't hate him at all. Just find it funny when he says stuff like strikers are not attackers.

Its exact comments like this that give americans a bad reputation and make people think they are stupid.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:56 am

Reporter I often see you arguing with him on just about everything he posts lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:19 pm