Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
blackskar
Dave
AriseForLife
luke.
Lux
Walcott
Mal
Torresxvilla
El Jefe
Cameron.
Jord
Jamie
Royal
Jordi
Kuled
Grenade
20 posters

Nasri or Gourcuff

Poll

Nasri or Gourcuff

[ 30 ]
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 Bar_left86%Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 Bar_left14%Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 35
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Nasri or Gourcuff

Post by Torresxvilla Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Bogdan wrote:

Watch this and tell me Gourcuff is not at least as good as Nasri.

Doesn't work.

Watch this and tell me Dean Windass isn't at least as good as Rooney.

:wall2:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Rooney is shite.
    _____

I used to think Gourcuff was overrated, but judging by this thread, he's hugely underrated.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    I used to think Gourcuff was overrated, but judging by this thread, he's hugely underrated.

I was sorta thinking the same thing Cool
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:21 pm

kyro7 wrote:Rooney is shite.
    _____

Him going to Lyon seemed to affect his popularity.

Also may have to do with the improvement of Nasri this year, and Lyon's poor league performances.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:55 pm

He hasn't done anything worth notice since his 08/09 season with Bordeaux tbh.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 pm

AD_LFC wrote:He hasn't done anything worth notice since his 08/09 season with Bordeaux tbh.

I think 09/10 him and Chamakh were an outstanding partnership.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Nasri

I have never seen Gourcuff play but I heard he's a good player.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Gourcuff is overrated so easily Nasri.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:55 pm

Nasri by a mile Razz

I <3 Nasri
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 am

They are two completely different players that offer the French team something different so until the team fully jells I would expect Blanc to rotate them with regularity.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:00 am

AriseForLife wrote:They are two completely different players that offer the French team something different so until the team fully jells I would expect Blanc to rotate them with regularity.
    No they're not two completely different players Arise, seriously you seem to think you know everything which you don't unfortunately. Tell me the position Nasri played in OM and the position Gourcuff played in Bordeaux? Better yet, tell me the position they're both favoured in?
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:18 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    No they're not two completely different players Arise, seriously you seem to think you know everything which you don't unfortunately. Tell me the position Nasri played in OM and the position Gourcuff played in Bordeaux? Better yet, tell me the position they're both favoured in?

Just because two players both playing attacking midfielder DOES NOT make them the same type of player.

It really annoys me that you quote my posts without understanding a goddamn word I am saying and then when I re-type the message you feel the need to say "oh I didn't understand you."

Ronaldo and Henry were both strikers, but were they they same type of player? No. Francesco Totti and Zinedine Zidane were both attacking mdfielders, but where they the same type of player? No. Sol Campbell and Thomas Vermaelen are both central defenders, but are they the same type of central defender? No.

Yoann and Samir are both attacking midfielders, but they DO NOT play the game the same way and each brings something completely different to the table for the French team.

Yoann likes to use the killer pass to break up the defense, Samir likes to dribble to break down the defense. Those are only two of the many differences in their game and if you can't see that then you're a moron. You love to attempt to point out that I think I know this or that, when I have never claim to know everything because I don't. But what I do know since I have followed Samir's career WELL BEFORE he ever joined Arsenal is that he is nothing like Yoann Gourcuff other than he plays attacking midfield and is French.

Last edited by AriseForLife on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled a name)
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Just because two players both playing attacking midfielder DOES NOT make them the same type of player.

It really annoys me that you quote my posts without understanding a goddamn word I am saying and then when I re-type the message you feel the need to say "oh I didn't understand you."

Ronaldo and Henry were both strikers, but were they they same type of player? No. Francesco Totti and Zinedine Zidane were both attacking mdfielders, but where they the same type of player? No. Sol Campbell and Thomas Vermaelen are both central defenders, but are they the same type of central defender? No.

Johan and Samir are both attacking midfielders, but they DO NOT play the game the same way and each brings something completely different to the table for the French team.

Johan
    likes to use the killer pass to break up the defense, Samir likes to dribble to break down the defense. Those are only two of the many differences in their game and if you can't see that then you're a moron. You love to attempt to point out that I think I know this or that, when I have never claim to know everything because I don't. But what I do know since I have followed Samir's career WELL BEFORE he ever joined Arsenal is that he is nothing like Johan Gourcuff other than he plays attacking midfield and is French.
    it's yoann Embarassed
    Dave
    Dave

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Dave Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:They are two completely different players that offer the French team something different so until the team fully jells I would expect Blanc to rotate them with regularity.

Arise is usually the first to talk about Nasri's game before anyone else, so there's not much in doubting his knowledge of the player. He's also mentioned Gourcuff many times back on the EA Forums to know more about the player than most of the posters.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong but on this particular topic, I'd have to agree with him as he knows a fair amount about the players.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 am

Kuled wrote:It's Yoann Embarassed

I fixed it just for you.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:32 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    Kuled wrote:It's Yoann Embarassed

I fixed it just for you.
    <3
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 am

When Nasri plays in the middle I would say he does not dribble past players as much as Gourcuff would.

I understand the French league is "supposedly" easier to do that sort of thing in but im just saying.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 am

grenade187 wrote:When Nasri plays in the middle I would say he does not dribble past players as much as Gourcuff would.

I understand the French league is "supposedly" easier to do that sort of thing in but im just saying.
    yep benzema was the king of the ligue 1..now he's done fuck all with madrid
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 am

grenade187 wrote:When Nasri plays in the middle I would say he does not dribble past players as much as Gourcuff would.

That's only because Samir adapted his game to the PL which is what Gourcuff would have to do also. If Samir still played in France he would still be attacking defenses directly with dribble runs and movement, but when you look at Yoann even with Lyon he doesn't break down defenses with dribbling.

Lique 1 defenders give a lot more space than defenders do in the PL which is why they can do it so well. Look at Ribery at OM and at Bayern. He made amazing middle runs in France, but in Germany he doesn't do that hardly at all because they pack the middle, but leave the outside exposed for players that have speed and technique.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 am

No.

They both play CAM, are good on the ball and good passers. If you could compare Nasri to anyone it would be Gourcuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Yoann and Samir are both attacking midfielders, but they DO NOT play the game the same way and each brings something completely different to the table for the French team.

Yoann likes to use the killer pass to break up the defense, Samir likes to dribble to break down the defense. Those are only two of the many differences in their game and if you can't see that then you're a moron. You love to attempt to point out that I think I know this or that, when I have never claim to know everything because I don't. But what I do know since I have followed Samir's career WELL BEFORE he ever joined Arsenal is that he is nothing like Yoann Gourcuff other than he plays attacking midfield and is French.
    Calm down with your response you love to throw around abusive words just because people don't agree with your posts. I don't care how long you've followed Samir Nasri for they are similar footballers. Who told you Gourcuff only looked for killer passes? That's how I know you haven't watched him play long enough to understand his game. You seem to know a lot about Nasri to be saying this and that about him, but you're yet to understand Yoann's game as you fail to see that he does dribble with the ball and there are many similarities between the pair. They're both good shooters with the ball and that's just a few of the comparisons.

If you can't compare Nasri with Gourcuff then who can you compare him to? Neutral
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:50 am

Nasri - Kaka Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 279869
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Calm down with your response you love to throw around abusive words just because people don't agree with your posts. I don't care how long you've followed Samir Nasri for they are similar footballers. Who told you Gourcuff only looked for killer passes? That's how I know you haven't watched him play long enough to understand his game. You seem to know a lot about Nasri to be saying this and that about him, but you're yet to understand Yoann's game as you fail to see that he does dribble with the ball and there are many similarities between the pair. They're both good shooters with the ball and that's just a few of the comparisons.

If you can't compare Nasri with Gourcuff then who can you compare him to? Neutral

I'm very calm and I am not throwing around abusive words. I am just tired of you quoting various things I say and starting pointless arguments. I don't care if you do not agree with my posts. You did not need to quote me in the first place because I wasn't disagreeing with anyone to begin with. I think it would be more correct to say that you target what I say so that you can start up petty exchanges for whatever reason.

Yoann and Samir are very different attacking midfielders and if you can't see that then I have been giving you way more credit in your football knowledge than you deserve. I don't think you understand Yoann's game and you've probably only watched him during his time at Bordeaux because had you seen him at Rennes and even at Bordeaux you would know that Yoann plays a hold up game while pushing forward. He doesn't use dribbling as his primary means of creating offense or creating a play for a team mate. His game is based around drawing defenders and then making slick passes to team mates and that much is evident if you have watched him for Les Bleus, Rennes, or Bordeaux. Hell you can even watch him with Lyon and see that same thing. Nasri on the other had uses his dribbling ability to create offense and play in his teammates.

I don't care if they are good shooters, what does that have to do with the discussion at hand? Absolutely nothing. Stick to discussing things you know about, because its obvious you do not know much about Yoann or Samir for that matter. You started out saying they are similar because both of their preferred positions is central attacking midfield and now you are bringing up they are good shooters, etc and that has nothing to do with anything I have been saying or what I said in my original post. I said they are completely different players that each bring something different to the French team and will both be used until the team jells under Blanc. Nothing you are saying has anything to do with my original post.

Nasri compares well to Juan Pablo Aimar, Kaka, Zidane, and parts of his game are very similar to Eric Carriere (former Lique 1 player of the year). I could name more if you like. Point is all the players I named tend to use their dribbling ability to create for their teammates and to get out of trouble. Gourcuff is the opposite of those players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:33 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

I'm very calm and I am not throwing around abusive words. I am just tired of you quoting various things I say and starting pointless arguments. I don't care if you do not agree with my posts. You did not need to quote me in the first place because I wasn't disagreeing with anyone to begin with. I think it would be more correct to say that you target what I say so that you can start up petty exchanges for whatever reason.

Yoann and Samir are very different attacking midfielders and if you can't see that then I have been giving you way more credit in your football knowledge than you deserve. I don't think you understand Yoann's game and you've probably only watched him during his time at Bordeaux because had you seen him at Rennes and even at Bordeaux you would know that Yoann plays a hold up game while pushing forward. He doesn't use dribbling as his primary means of creating offense or creating a play for a team mate. His game is based around drawing defenders and then making slick passes to team mates and that much is evident if you have watched him for Les Bleus, Rennes, or Bordeaux. Hell you can even watch him with Lyon and see that same thing. Nasri on the other had uses his dribbling ability to create offense and play in his teammates.

I don't care if they are good shooters, what does that have to do with the discussion at hand? Absolutely nothing. Stick to discussing things you know about, because its obvious you do not know much about Yoann or Samir for that matter. You started out saying they are similar because both of their preferred positions is central attacking midfield and now you are bringing up they are good shooters, etc and that has nothing to do with anything I have been saying or what I said in my original post. I said they are completely different players that each bring something different to the French team and will both be used until the team jells under Blanc. Nothing you are saying has anything to do with my original post.

Nasri compares well to Juan Pablo Aimar, Kaka, Zidane, and parts of his game are very similar to Eric Carriere (former Lique 1 player of the year). I could name more if you like. Point is all the players I named tend to use their dribbling ability to create for their teammates and to get out of trouble. Gourcuff is the opposite of those players.
    doh At the end of the day you say they're different players who can't be compared and I completely disagree and think otherwise. It's pointless carrying on with this debate as we're on two different ships.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 am

Arise you're probably the most knowledgeable football fan I have ever come across Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 914411

Maybe you should become a pundit for the MLS half of those guys haven't got a clue what they're on about Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 817687
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 499859 At the end of the day you say they're different players who can't be compared and I completely disagree and think otherwise. It's pointless carrying on with this debate as we're on two different ships.

Again I think it is a matter of you not understanding where I am coming from. I am not saying they are different players, and that isn't what this exchange has been about in my eyes. I am saying they play the central attacking midfielder roles completely different and thus shouldn't be compared in that regard. Are they both skilled passers? Yes. Are they both good at dribbling? Yes, although Nasri is much better at it. That is what my original post was about and what I have been expressing on all my posts after.

grenade187 wrote:Arise you're probably the most knowledgeable football fan I have ever come across Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 914411

Maybe you should become a pundit for the MLS half of those guys haven't got a clue what they're on about Nasri or Gourcuff - Page 2 817687

Thanks. It is painful listening to the MLS commentators, especially the ESPN guys which is kind of sad considering a couple of their commentators are former national team players. I would love to do commentary for the MLS, the only problem is that I can't stand the way MLS teams play and the way the game is played in general in the MLS. The only American soccer I can stomach is the national team because that is played completely different than they do in the MLS.

The English and European game is just more attractive to me and more like how I think soccer should be played. The MLS on the other hand is the American version of how soccer is played and you can see it from the MLS down through the lower tiers and even in the college game.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:51 am

Do you watch many MLS league games?

Since they dont compete in any major competitions I just watch the NY team because of Henry and I used to watch the Philly team for Ljumberg a few times.

Sometimes it can be painful to watch im not gona lie.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:53 am

Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:55 am

luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? shifty

He said strikers are not attackers.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 am

kyro7 wrote:
    luke. wrote:Wasn't AriseForLife the one who said Attackers aren't strikers? shifty

He said strikers are not attackers.

Yeah I knew it.. just cba changing it round -_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:19 pm