Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
LiamB_14
Lux
dena
moscowmadeit3
Mouse
ResurrectionRooney
samiz
Kuled
Cadbury
VivaRonaldoLAD
14 posters

Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban.

Anonymous

Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 am

Dan wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

Strong sense of injustice we can't do anything about. But that's life. Eight games isn't the end of the world, we've had Torres out quite often.

Time for everyone to get behind Carroll. Could be the making of him this.

Perhaps, it's all set up for him. He could always end up like N'gog unless he regains his confidence.

On the bright side we surely must be trying to sign a striker quickly.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban. - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban.

Post by Lux Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Bastards, the real reason they have done this is to try and harm United's title challenge. Why else would they release a statement protesting Suarez's innocence and then not appealing?

Because despite what they believe an appeal will not change anything.

They are taking the higher ground by letting the case slide as people are starting to believe that Liverpool are racist for supporting a player who has not been proven guilty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:57 am

Lux wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Bastards, the real reason they have done this is to try and harm United's title challenge. Why else would they release a statement protesting Suarez's innocence and then not appealing?

Because despite what they believe an appeal will not change anything.

They are taking the higher ground by letting the case slide as people are starting to believe that Liverpool are racist for supporting a player who has not been proven guilty.

Not to mention, if we appeal, the FA can increase the ban further.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 am

So depsite knowing Suarez isnt racist, they arent gonna appeal. What sort of message does that give to Suarez? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 am

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:So depsite knowing Suarez isnt racist, they arent gonna appeal. What sort of message does that give to Suarez? Laughing

I would think the club spoke to Suarez about it.. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 am

Ah right, so he's innocent, the report is full of holes, and it's obviously one man's word against another, but rather than completely destroy it on appeal, Liverpool have decided to let their player suffer an 8 game ban even though he's totally innocent, all for the good of the game.

What happened to sticking by your own?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:00 am

We can't win.

We appeal, everyone calls us disgusting.

We accept the ban. Everyone still finds a way of insulting us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:00 am

Honestly, Liverpool have descended so so low, it wouldn't surprise me if they completely rolled over tonight and we saw a few more assists from Gerrard for opposition strikers playing for United's title rivals.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Honestly, Liverpool have descended so so low, it wouldn't surprise me if they completely rolled over tonight and we saw a few more assists from Gerrard for opposition strikers playing for United's title rivals.

And if we drew or won?
    Anonymous

Scott MacDougall wrote:We can't win.

Because the way you were acting you'd think Liverpool had full support and would appeal, it's like they made a big fuss for fucking nothing.
    Anonymous

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Ah right, so he's innocent, the report is full of holes, and it's obviously one man's word against another, but rather than completely destroy it on appeal, Liverpool have decided to let their player suffer an 8 game ban even though he's totally innocent, all for the good of the game.

So, what do you think the chances of a successful appeal is?

Considering that the FA are unlikely to change their verdict and further increase the ban, I'd say we've made the correct choice.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 am

If you win the appeal, by driving trucks through the massive holes in that report that supposedly exist, then your player is shown not to be a racist, and you are vindicated for supporting him.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:03 am

Dan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Ah right, so he's innocent, the report is full of holes, and it's obviously one man's word against another, but rather than completely destroy it on appeal, Liverpool have decided to let their player suffer an 8 game ban even though he's totally innocent, all for the good of the game.

Considering that the FA are unlikely to change their verdict and further increase the ban, I'd say we've made the correct choice.

It WASN'T THE F.A.'S VERDICT. It was the Independent Commission. Assuming that commission was in Ferguson's pocket or whatever, and behaved incorrectly, then the commission that heard the second case would overturn it.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 am

You shouldn't have made a statement in the first place then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dan wrote:

It WASN'T THE F.A.'S VERDICT. It was the Independent Commission. Assuming that commission was in Ferguson's pocket or whatever, and behaved incorrectly, then the commission that heard the second case would overturn it.

You know exactly what I mean. Don't try and avoid the question like you have done on this topic so many times already.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 am

Suarez statement.

Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank greatly the support I have received these past few weeks. My family, friends, co-workers of selection and all its technical staff and of course, to the Liverpool (workers, technical and staff, managers, colleagues and anyone who is part of the daily life of this great club), and of course to all the fans who have not left that I feel only a single second. These days I've felt more than ever the significance: You never walk alone.

As many of you know I was born into a humble family in a worker suburb of a small country. But I was born and grew up from the values of respect, education, and sacrifice. From my family, going through the first club where I started to play until my jump to Europe in the Netherlands, have instilled me values that have marked the person I am today. Never, I repeat never, I have had a racial problem with any partner, or person of colour or race different from mine. Ever.

I am very angry at what has been said are weeks on me, all of which are very far from reality. But above all by the helplessness felt by not doing anything and be accused of something that I did, or would never do. In my country, black, is an expression we use commonly and symbolizing no lack of respect for and even less racism. What has been said from this is completely false.

I will comply the sanction with the resignation of someone who hasn't done anything and it feels extremely angered by what has happened. Sorry for the fans and colleagues that I will not be able to help in this next month. It will be very hard.

The only thing I hope now is to go to the stadium and do what I like best again, that is, to play football again.

Thank you very much everyone, YNWA Luis Alberto Suárez.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:05 am

Kuled wrote:

You shouldn't have made a statement in the first place then.

Fuck off. We believe our player is innocent and no cunt will tell us we can't express that.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:06 am

Who will do the appeal? The same Independent Commission who based their judgement on no evidence?

There is no evidence to add, everything has been laid out and they have made their decision. It might not be the right decision, but an appeal isn't going to change anything..unless they are deciding by flipping a coin? With the evidence (or lack of it) at hand that is probably what they did.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:07 am

Dan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

You know exactly what I mean. Don't try and avoid the question like you have done on this topic so many times already.
    If it is obvious that he is innocent, why wouldn't the second commission overturn the first one's verdict? Why wouldn't CoAfS or the Civil Courts if it got that far?
    Lux wrote:

Who will do the appeal? The same Independent Commission who based their judgement on no evidence?

There is no evidence to add, everything has been laid out and they have made their decision. It might not be the right decision, but an appeal isn't going to change anything..unless they are deciding by flipping a coin? With the evidence (or lack of it) at hand that is probably what they did.

It would obviously be a different body you thick shit.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 am

Dan wrote:
    Kuled wrote:You shouldn't have made a statement in the first place then.

Fuck off. We believe our player is innocent and no cunt will tell us we can't express that.
    Then you should appeal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:10 am

Kuled wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Then you should appeal.

Why? The likeliest outcome is an increased ban.
    LiamB_14
    LiamB_14

Formerly known as : Mong.

Post by LiamB_14 Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:11 am

This is extremely petty and childish of Liverpool FC, turning it into a Liverpool vs Man Utd case and making sure Suarez doesn't play against City, and does play against United.

Not that it surprises me though, as shown in seasons gone by Liverpool's main goal is to stop United winning the league as oppossed to achieving something themselves Rolling Eyes
    Dion_Asprilla
    Dion_Asprilla

Post by Dion_Asprilla Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:12 am

Funny how all the Liverpool fans were saying "it will get appealed and the ban reduced".

Neither happened. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:16 am

"We have to wait to see this issue decided and then the Manchester player and I will have to clear things up.

"Depending on who ends up in the wrong, one of us will have to apologise."

Looking forward to seeing his apology.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 am

This makes the tshirt thing look even more silly now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 am

Dan wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Then you should appeal.

Why man, there's so many holes in their report, your friend lawyer said he'd love that report.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 am

Dion_Asprilla wrote:Funny how all the Liverpool fans were saying "it will get appealed and the ban reduced".

Neither happened. Neutral

Liverpool wont appeal Suarez ban. - Page 2 You-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:23 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It would obviously be a different body you thick shit.

Lol, nothing is obvious with the FA.

No evidence can be added, and I can't see a new body having the balls to change the verdict even if they did think Suarez is not guilty/there is not enough evidence.

They are publicly named are they not? They would all be branded racists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Why man, there's so many holes in their report, your friend lawyer said he'd love that report.

How the fuck should I know? Dickhead.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:27 pm