Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
moscowmadeit3
Demba Ba
dena
Cadbury
Carlos Jenkinson
Lux
Childish Logic
Kuled
Jordi
Jord
Gegilworld93
David Alaba
ResurrectionRooney
Mario
18 posters

Ban Argentina

Anonymous

Ban Argentina - Page 2 Empty Re: Ban Argentina

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:22 am

His Uruguayan teammates disagree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:41 am

Ban Argentina - Page 2 565px-444444
    Rubén Rada (Uruguayan Musician) nickname is El Negro Rada.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:Considering that they were playing against each other and the game was heated, I'm assuming it wasn't a term of endearment, that and Evra is actually Black. I'd say yes.

This exactly

In Spain Negrito in any sense is rude, I know this fo sho
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:04 pm

I thought this was over after Suarez's lawyer provided irrefutable evidence that his client is not racist.

Ban Argentina - Page 2 Balbi
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Messi's dad is his lawyer?

To be honest anyone who thinks Suarez is an actual racist because of this incident is stupid. He made a mistake, in the heat of the moment, and offended someone, just needs to accept it and move on.

I'm more appalled at Liverpool FC than at Suarez.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Che, my experience in Venezuela is very different. People regularly call each other negros, blancos, morenos with no offense taken.

From what I know, the situation is very similar in Colombia, and after speaking to a Brazilian friend of mine about the incident, in Brazil. Given the reaction in Uruguay from the public, their FA and his teammates, I assume it is the same.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:Considering that they were playing against each other and the game was heated, I'm assuming it wasn't a term of endearment, that and Evra is actually Black. I'd say yes.

This exactly

Daniel Pacheco @dani37pacheco 22 Dec Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Negrito is never a racist word. Negro is so different and could be dangerous to say it, but not Negrito.

scratch
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Jordo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

This exactly

Daniel Pacheco @dani37pacheco 22 Dec Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Negrito is never a racist word. Negro is so different and could be dangerous to say it, but not Negrito.

scratch
    Not sure if Pacheco is still officially a Liverpool player but the club might have told him to defend the word 'negrito', one of his tweets to Thiago right after the incident was 'buenas suerte negrito' or something like that.
    I agree with what Fonseca said, all Spanish people I know consider 'negrito' to be racist.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm

polska. wrote:Che, my experience in Venezuela is very different. People regularly call each other negros, blancos, morenos with no offense taken.

From what I know, the situation is very similar in Colombia, and after speaking to a Brazilian friend of mine about the incident, in Brazil. Given the reaction in Uruguay from the public, their FA and his teammates, I assume it is the same.

So that makes it ok?

Everyone in Jamaica calls eachother a nigga, white people get slurred, gays get called chi chi's, brown people get called sand people, mixed race people get called traitors etc etc

Just because a country of my descent uses all this coarse language doesn't mean I'd walk into cuba and use the same shit, thinking it's a casual caribbean thing. Sometimes Polska you really need to use your fucking brain, you're not a moron
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:14 am

I went up to my mate and said "Sup Negrito?" and he didn't take offence Giggity

Anyway, the perhaps not surprising thing is that Man Utd fans and black people seem to be the ones against Suarez, whilst most others are defending him.

whistle
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 am

Fonseca wrote:
    polska. wrote:Che, my experience in Venezuela is very different. People regularly call each other negros, blancos, morenos with no offense taken.

So that makes it ok?

Everyone in Jamaica calls eachother a nigga, white people get slurred, gays get called chi chi's, brown people get called sand people, mixed race people get called traitors etc etc

Just because a country of my descent uses all this coarse language doesn't mean I'd walk into cuba and use the same shit, thinking it's a casual caribbean thing. Sometimes Polska you really need to use your fucking brain, you're not a moron
    You and I both know that example is Red Herring.

In those Latin countries, it isn't racist in the way Jamaicans call each other nigga's (apparently anyway) it is simply part of the language and culture. Maybe it is hard to understand this if you aren't from or been to these countries.

Also, I think people aren't realizing what negro means. Negro isn't n*gger, it is simply Black. Which makes this even more stupid! Is calling a black person black offensive now?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:10 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:Messi's dad is his lawyer?

To be honest anyone who thinks Suarez is an actual racist because of this incident is stupid. He made a mistake, in the heat of the moment, and offended someone, just needs to accept it and move on.

I'm more appalled at Liverpool FC than at Suarez.

Agreed. How dare they defend their player like that.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:11 am

polska. wrote:Is calling a black person black offensive now?

Calling anyone that isn't white anything is racist now.

It's ridiculous how out of control "racism" has become.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:20 am

Che pretty much nailed the whole topic.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:33 am

dena wrote:Che pretty much nailed the whole topic.
    This, polska's and the Pool fans' points just get so repetitive.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:06 am

polska. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

So that makes it ok?

You and I both know that example is Red Herring.

In those Latin countries, it isn't racist in the way Jamaicans call each other nigga's (apparently anyway) it is simply part of the language and culture. Maybe it is hard to understand this if you aren't from or been to these countries.

Also, I think people aren't realizing what negro means. Negro isn't n*gger, it is simply Black. Which makes this even more stupid! Is calling a black person black offensive now?

No trust me they do, I'm not even seeing your point either
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:52 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    dena wrote:Che pretty much nailed the whole topic.
    This, polska's and the Pool fans' points just get so repetitive.

Could say the same about yours.

People not agreeing with you and continuing not to is repetitive both ways. So when it gets to that point it's better to just agree to disagree and not go down the lulzworthy Fonesca route.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:06 am

The Argentinian FA should be given into trouble for this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:38 am

People are missing the point. It's not the words that Suarez used, it's the manner in which he used it. You might go around calling your friends black or ice creams, but you don't go to an opponent and try to piss him off by calling him black. What was Suarez expecting Evra to do? Suarez might not be a racist, but in this case, he used a slur to offend someone to throw him off his game. I don't see any context in which Suraez could have used negro or negrito towards Evra that would make it acceptable. From my understanding, Suarez and Evra are not friends.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:59 am

ahlycotc wrote:People are missing the point. It's not the words that Suarez used, it's the manner in which he used it. You might go around calling your friends black or ice creams, but you don't go to an opponent and try to piss him off by calling him black. What was Suarez expecting Evra to do? Suarez might not be a racist, but in this case, he used a slur to offend someone to throw him off his game. I don't see any context in which Suraez could have used negro or negrito towards Evra that would make it acceptable. From my understanding, Suarez and Evra are not friends.
    Suarez said "Porque Negro?" which I doubt can be seen as a slur.

Suarez and Evra aren't friends but that isn't the point. People can say "Hey Bro pass me that pencil over there" in English without the two people necessarily being brothers or friends.

Besides, that is clutching at straws. Evra obviously found the word 'negro' itself offensive, not whatever context Suarez meant. (Rightfully so as well, Evra doesn't speak Spanish)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:03 am

When someone says, "He bro", they aren't doing it to offend someone. What did Suarez really expect Evra to say when told him, "Why are you black?" or "Why black"?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:05 am

The point is that Suarez says that whatever the context, he didn't handpick the word out of his vocabulary.

E.G. I go up to someone in Mongolia and say "Hello mate"....."Mate!? How dare you!!??!?! That is racist...you should know because you are in Mongolia and no matter how common place it is to say it in England you are in the wrong.

Last edited by Lux on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 am

ahlycotc wrote:When someone says, "He bro", they aren't doing it to offend someone. What did Suarez really expect Evra to say when told him, "Why are you black?" or "Why black"?
    I think we all realize that Suarez wasn't thinking of what he said could be interpreted as at the time.

edit: What Lux said.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:09 am

Also another thing. Britain is always bowing down and accepting other's cultures. All we ever do is try not to offend others by allowing them to practice their cultures.

So why is it that Suarez is being slammed for practising his? Surely it is not just because Evra is black and there is for some reason a bigger fear of offending black people than a white Uruguayan?
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:10 am

Does anyone actually know the word he used? I just saw this -
    daniel taylor
    @DTguardian -@CalvLyfeson @Big_Rig_LFC nope, categorically told it's not 'negrito' - the alleged word is 'negro' which is just a different variation

Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:12 am

Jordo wrote:
    polska. wrote:Laughing It is so strange that the English media is only picking up that us Latino's call each other negros now.

The head of the Professional Footballers Association, Gordon Taylor thinks different.

"I've travelled the world a lot and this defence that it is okay to make reference to the colour of somebody's skin in South America in a jovial manner, well I've not heard that before.

think

Polska, what do you think off this?

Gordon Taylor had a much different view of how racist incidents should be handled when English players are involved Laughing

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/19/said-and-done-sepp-blatter?cat=football&type=article
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:12 am

polska. wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:When someone says, "He bro", they aren't doing it to offend someone. What did Suarez really expect Evra to say when told him, "Why are you black?" or "Why black"?
    I think we all realize that Suarez wasn't thinking of what he said could be interpreted as at the time.

So Suarez is innocent because he wasn't think of the implications of such a term? I don't buy it. I think Suarez knew to some extent what he was doing at that time. Like I said, I doubt Suarez is a racist. However, he meant to use a slur to throw Evra off his game.

Lux, your example is not comparable. The English culture (at least when it comes to racial slurs) is more common knowledge than Mongolian culture. In addition, "mate" isn't describing anybody's skin color or race.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:19 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    polska. wrote:I think we all realize that Suarez wasn't thinking of what he said could be interpreted as at the time.

So Suarez is innocent because he wasn't think of the implications of such a term? I don't buy it. I think Suarez knew to some extent what he was doing at that time. Like I said, I doubt Suarez is a racist. However, he meant to use a slur to throw Evra off his game.
    What slur? There was no slur involved. Negro is not a slur.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:20 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

What slur? There was no slur involved. Negro is not a slur.

Not in Latin America/Spanish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:22 am

I am Latin American/Spanish. Neutral

(and by I, I mean Suarez Mischief)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:31 am