Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Laurencio
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Phadunkin Donuts
Mustangt125
The_Quilo
Weather130
Jorlung
13 posters

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause

Anonymous

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Empty Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Here is footage of Nicklas Bendtner smiling during the minute's applause for Gary Speed at the beginning of the recent Wolves Vs. Sunderland match:

What is your opinion on this? Is it deplorable behaviour that should be seriously punished or is he fully entitled to do whatever he pleases as long as it isn't too disrespectful?
    Anonymous

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Empty Re: Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Firstly, we don't know what Bendtner is smiling at. He could've saw Torres slip on some wet grass off in the distance for all we know.

Then what is the big deal? If he is indeed smiling at the One Minute Applause, it could be in pride of either Gary Speed's accomplishments or at the fans demonstrations.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Empty Re: Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause

Post by Jorlung Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Think someone was talking or gesturing to him, he wouldn't have just done that shrug for no reason.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:37 pm

I think he's thick but didn't mean anything disrespectful towards Speed by it.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 pm

We can never know what was in Bendtner was thinking about at that moment at time and his mind could have been elsewhere. Unless you are perfect and never appeared out of place you do not have much to complain
    The_Quilo
    The_Quilo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by The_Quilo Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:52 pm

I have often smiled at random times when my mind is somewhere else. If they did call Bendtner on this, that would be harsh.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Another non thread
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Sorry, but asking if Van Persie's celebration was Nazi related is better than this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:Another non thread

Another non comment.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

BladeGunner14 wrote:Here is footage of Nicklas Bendtner smiling during the minute's applause for Gary Speed at the beginning of the recent Wolves Vs. Sunderland match:

What is your opinion on this? Is it deplorable behaviour that should be seriously punished or is he fully entitled to do whatever he pleases as long as it isn't too disrespectful?

Go back to the EA forums.

I thought you were better than this.. thought wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 pm

justaddfinesse wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:Here is footage of Nicklas Bendtner smiling during the minute's applause for Gary Speed at the beginning of the recent Wolves Vs. Sunderland match:

I wanted to see if anyone was generally disgusted by this. I really didn't think much of it at all but then I read this: http://www.101greatgoals.com/outrageous-nicklas-bendtner-smirks-and-shrugs-during-minute%E2%80%99s-applause-for-gary-speed/119246/ and it seemed that some people were offended. And don't tell me where to fucking go. All you ever do on here is just post crap comments in the FIFA section bragging about your achievements.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:39 pm

BladeGunner14 wrote:
    justaddfinesse wrote:

I wanted to see if anyone was generally disgusted by this. I really didn't think much of it at all but then I read this: http://www.101greatgoals.com/outrageous-nicklas-bendtner-smirks-and-shrugs-during-minute%E2%80%99s-applause-for-gary-speed/119246/ and it seemed that some people were offended. And don't tell me where to fucking go. All you ever do on here is just post crap comments in the FIFA section bragging about your achievements.

post the most recent please, with date attached.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 pm

People will probably get offended because his mind was somewhere else during the 1 minute silence but lettuce be reality, if I was in his position in say Germany? I honestly wouldn't care much about some guy who died that I probably never knew too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Plus Bendtner is god and can do however he pleases.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Anyone who is genuinely offended, or even outraged by this should take a good look at their priorities. It's like that ridiculous incident with Charles Itandje where he had his livelihood destroyed by a certain football club because he smiled in a memorial service.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 pm

It just looks like he is nervous and smirks and trys to shrug it off as if someone else has tried to make him laugh, even though they havn't.

Just a normal reaction really, some people can't cope in emotional settings very well and either cry or laugh (even though they don't find it funny).
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Radford11 wrote:It just looks like he is nervous and smirks and trys to shrug it off as if someone else has tried to make him laugh, even though they havn't.

Just a normal reaction really, some people can't cope in emotional settings very well and either cry or laugh (even though they don't find it funny).

I have that problem. I sometimes get tremendously funny thoughts stuck in my head when I am in situations where silence is mandatory, eg. haircuts, Assemblies, important meetings, funerals.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Anyone who is genuinely offended, or even outraged by this should take a good look at their priorities. It's like that ridiculous incident with Charles Itandje where he had his livelihood destroyed by a certain football club because he smiled in a memorial service.
    Agreed, overreaction by Liverpool football club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:11 am

To me, it just looks as if he is smiling as in 'wow, look at this, it's amazing'.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Anyone who is genuinely offended, or even outraged by this should take a good look at their priorities. It's like that ridiculous incident with Charles Itandje where he had his livelihood destroyed by a certain football club because he smiled in a memorial service.

If it was Suarez, you'd throw a fit, so fuck off.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

Scott wrote:

Not at all. If Suarez was coerced into being at a memorial services he had no real interest in to remember some people who died 20 years ago, because they happened to support his current employers, I wouldn't have a problem with him acting however he liked.

If it was a key player who had behaved in that way, do you think his treatment would have been the same?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Not at all. If Suarez was coerced into being at a memorial services he had no real interest in to remember some people who died 20 years ago, because they happened to support his current employers, I wouldn't have a problem with him acting however he liked.

If it was a key player who had behaved in that way, do you think his treatment would have been the same?

I can't remember what that Gk did, but I'm sure it was more than just smiling.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAfFML8aq8

Yeah, he was acting like a twat. Nothing like what Bendtner did.

Last edited by Scott on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

Scott wrote:If it was Suarez, you'd throw a fit, so fuck off.
    Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Tumblr_lvdy10xPLi1qzcv7no2_250
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:33 am

Scott wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAfFML8aq8

OMG he bumped into his mate a few times and smiled, what a bastard. Well he completely deserved to have his career ruined over that.

Now I ask you - if there's a memorial services next year for Hillsborough, and Luis Suarez does that, do you drop him completely even from reserve football, and send him out on loan to some dump of a place at the end of the season, or do you stand by him?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:38 am

Scott wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAfFML8aq8

OMG he bumped into his mate a few times and smiled, what a bastard. Well he completely deserved to have his career ruined over that.

Now I ask you - if there's a memorial services next year for Hillsborough, and Luis Suarez does that, do you drop him completely even from reserve football, and send him out on loan to some dump of a place at the end of the season, or do you stand by him?

The former. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable.

I don't think you'll find Suarez doing such a thing either, as his behaviour during all the 1 minute silences/applauses this season so far has been impeccable.

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 am

This is my idea of how Bendtner's moment of applause went.

"So Gary Speed died right, so we're holding a minute's silence. Ok I guess that's fair enough"
    "Oh we began clapping, I probably should join in"
    "Well that's a nice picture of him"
    "Looks a bit like a politician really"
    "But.. didn't he hang himself?"
    "I mean, I can understand applauding his career, but why is it that some people get a moments of silence, and others get applause?"
    "Oh wow, that's one ridiculous haircut that guy over there has"
    "Crap, must not laugh"
    "MUST NOT LAUGH!"
    "ok, I'm good..."
    "I wonder if he's watching, shit that would be scary"
    "crap, just looked at the guy with the haircut again.. Ok, find somewhere else to look"
    "Ok, look at the bench, that should be safe."
    "Is he crying? Oh god that's embarrasing, ok so not the bench then"
    "Right let's look a the monitor then"
    "Camera is moving over to me, why am I excited by this!"
    "And there I am, must not smile, must not smile.."

NICKLAS BENDTNER SMILED DURING A MINUTE OF APPLAUSE!

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 am

I've laughed during some of the most awful times, sometimes you just can't help it. It's either that, or something going on in the background.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 am

The Maestro wrote:I've laughed during some of the most awful times, sometimes you just can't help it. It's either that, or something going on in the background.

Let's imagine Bendtner's situation. He's looking at the monitor. During a moment when you CAN NOT LAUGH, a cameracrew semi-crouch in front of the team, and moves alongside it with a very concentrated look on his face. He's "simmering along the line, crouching, with a floating camera in front of him, a pair of headphones and moving closer and closer to you.

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Article-1191947-054883CC000005DC-234_468x343

Notice how Bendnter tries to hide his smile as best he can at first, but the situation is just too weird, and he can't keep a handle on it.

Nicklas Bendtner Smiles During One Minute Applause Ronaldo

Seriously. One of these simmering in front of you at a moment it would be inapproriate to laugh (thus being one of the things on your mind).
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 am

Scott wrote:

I don't think you'll find Suarez doing such a thing either, as his behaviour during all the 1 minute silences/applauses this season so far has been impeccable.

Is diving acceptable? Is studding people? Is biting? Cheating African countries out of the World Cup?

If he's found to have been racist do you want him dumped out?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 am

Scott wrote:

Is diving acceptable? Is studding people? Is biting? Cheating African countries out of the World Cup?

If he's found to have been racist do you want him dumped out?

Diving is against the rules, but is widely accepted as the norm in today's footballing society.

So many footballers go to ground in search for free kicks and penalties. Including Rooney, Nani, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Drogba, Torres, Van Persie, the list goes on forever.

You cannot target Suarez, or single him out for his going to ground antics, when nearly every other footballer does the same. When Ronaldo was at Man United, he would dive a few times in every single match, same as Nani.

Same goes for studding people. Many players have been guilty of this, including Man United's own Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes. Again, you cannot single out Suarez.

Biting is no different from head-butting, kicking, punching, slapping or pushing. All of them are acts of violence and should be treated the same.

Stop beating that same dead horse, RR. Suarez did not cheat Ghana out of the World Cup. He got sent off and Ghana were awarded a penalty. If he had gotten away with it and play had resumed, then you'd have a case, but he got punished for it and Ghana were awarded a penalty, so fuck off with that repetitive bullshit you spout out of your flapping gums.

Please stop whinging like a teenage girl, you little bitch.

If Suarez revealed himself to be a racist, then I would condemn him. But I need to hear it from him, nobody else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:54 am