Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
luke.
Grenade
SBSP
ResurrectionRooney
Scuba Steve
VivaRonaldoLAD
Clark
Jeff
Lux
Childish Logic
Emma
Mal
Mario
Van Wolfswinkel
The Zlatan
Sean
CollieBuddz
SpiritOfShankly
Andy
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Scouser_Dave
25 posters

Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?

Poll

Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?

[ 12 ]
    Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Bar_left63%Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Bar_left37%Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?

Post by Mario Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:55 am

Atlético*
    Emma
    Emma

Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you accept Torres as a signing for your Club?

Post by Emma Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:56 am

Mario wrote:Atlético*

Well done you mastered how to use spellcheck Rolling Eyes
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:56 am

Mario wrote:Atlético*

I don't have accents on my keyboard. I don't think I should put in extra effort to please you. shifty
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 am

Zlatan wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Andy Carroll was bought on deadline day at the last minute. We knew we would have to pay over the odds massively for him given the timing. Had we signed him in the summer we would have probably got him for half of what we paid for him.

Same applies to Torres.

What would his fee have been if he was bought in the summer?

The same fee because he was on a decent run under Kenny.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 am

That was to the guy that said Athletico.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 am

Mario wrote:That was to the guy that said Athletico.

Oh. shifty
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:01 am

Yes. (depending on wages)

This isn't because "we all make mistakes", Torres is cunt regardless of what he does now, I don't think we should ever forgive him for how he left but i do believe kenny can get him to score goals. We need that so yes i would take him back.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 am

For the simple fact that we probably can't afford £1m yet alone £25m.....no.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:

Same applies to Torres.

So 4 appearances warrants a £50 million price tag? Bullshit. You're trying to twist it to suit you.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 am

Zlatan wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

So 4 appearances warrants a £50 million price tag? Bullshit. You're trying to twist it to suit you.

What? you asked me what his fee would have been in the summer and I gave you answer. Kenny was building the team around him and with the inclusion of Suarez he would have had support up front as well. All the ingredients for him to carry on his good form and keep himself in the shop window as prolific striker.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 am

So you honestly think Torres was £50 million when you sold him?

Unbelievable.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 am

Zlatan wrote:So you honestly think Torres was £50 million when you sold him?

Unbelievable.

Where did I say that?

Most players are overpriced in today's market, why should we have accepted anything different for our main striker?
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 am

No
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:52 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:So you honestly think Torres was £50 million when you sold him?

Unbelievable.

Where did I say that?

Most players are overpriced in today's market, why should we have accepted anything different for our main striker?

You said it here

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:

Same applies to Torres.

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 am

Zlatan wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Where did I say that?

You said it here

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Yeah and like I said in the context of over inflated fees in the transfer market it was only fair that we overpriced Torres to get our worth. Regardless of whether was in January or the summer.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 am

Doubt even Panathinaikos would pay that.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:

You said it here

Yeah and like I said in the context of over inflated fees in the transfer market it was only fair that we overpriced Torres to get our worth. Regardless of whether was in January or the summer.

So why is it any different to the Carroll situation? Newcastle exploited you just as you exploited Chelsea, although you claimed that Carrolls fee would have been more than halved if you had bought him in the summer. Why doesn't the same rule apply to Torres?

Last January, Torres was worth £25 million to £35 million maximum. So how you are coming up with £25 million now is amazing.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

Yes, quite happily.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 am

Zlatan wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

So why is it any different to the Carroll situation? Newcastle exploited you just as you exploited Chelsea, although you claimed that Carrolls fee would have been more than halved if you had bought him in the summer. Why doesn't the same rule apply to Torres?

Last January, Torres was worth £25 million to £35 million maximum. So how you are coming up with £25 million now is amazing.

Possible because Torres is a better player and would have carried on his good run of form. Carroll got injured before Christmas and was out until March. Whether he would have fitted straight back into a scoring form for Newcastle is questionable, but Torres would have almost certainly played better in our side given how well we were playing.

The last part makes no sense. I take it you meant how am I coming up with £50M? If so that is quite simply because we are selling our best player. Other teams over priced there's why can't we do the same?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am

Don't give me that shit that Torres was on good form, he scored 9 goals in 26 appearances for you in his last season, nowhere near the form he had reached in the past.

The last part makes perfect sense.

You put an inflated price tag of £50 million on Torres, when he was actually worth just £25-35 million.

He's been rather poor since his move, how can he still be worth the same realistic price?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 am

No, not for £25m.

Can get much better for less.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 am

He scored 4 in 5 under Kenny didn't he. shifty

Shame Roy tried to turn him into a Spanish Bobby Zamora.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 am

Zlatan wrote:Don't give me that shit that Torres was on good form, he scored 9 goals in 26 appearances for you in his last season, nowhere near the form he had reached in the past.

You put an inflated price tag of £50 million on Torres, when he was actually worth just £25-35 million.

He's been rather poor since his move, how can he still be worth the same realistic price?

He said since Kenny took over what was it 3 goals in 4 games? something like anyway.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:31 am

Yes.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 am

SpiritOfShankly wrote:
    Zlatan wrote:Don't give me that shit that Torres was on good form, he scored 9 goals in 26 appearances for you in his last season, nowhere near the form he had reached in the past.

He said since Kenny took over what was it 3 goals in 4 games? something like anyway.

Yes, and I then asked him if 4 appearances warranted a £50 million price tag which he conveniently ignored.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:35 am

With the way Roy set us up in was no surprise. Torres scored 5 goals for Roy Hodgson in 5 months and 4 for Kenny in 3 weeks. More than proves my point there.

Most fans would be over pricing there main player because they don't want to lose them. Yes £35M was more realistic but the market isn't that anymore.

No he isn't worth that fee anymore and I've highlighted that in the opening post. If Chelsea were to ask for more that £25M though it's understandable as they'd want to make there money back.

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:49 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:

With the way Roy set us up in was no surprise. Torres scored 5 goals for Roy Hodgson in 5 months and 4 for Kenny in 3 weeks. More than proves my point there.

Most fans would be over pricing there main player because they don't want to lose them. Yes £35M was more realistic but the market isn't that anymore.

No he isn't worth that fee anymore and I've highlighted that in the opening post. If Chelsea were to ask for more that £25M though it's understandable as they'd want to make there money back.

Again though, did 2 games of ok form and 2 games of decent form make him worth £50 million?

Chelsea can't ask for that fee though, they have no right to ask for such an extortionate fee. It's their own fault for taking such a risk on him, they've lost their money. At this current time, he is worth no more than about £17 million. Although I wouldn't even pay that for him. As Point said, there are far better strikers available for less than £25 million at the moment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 am

To be fair, his image rights would produce millions.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:16 am

Zlatan wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Again though, did 2 games of ok form and 2 games of decent form make him worth £50 million?

Chelsea can't ask for that fee though, they have no right to ask for such an extortionate fee. It's their own fault for taking such a risk on him, they've lost their money. At this current time, he is worth no more than about £17 million. Although I wouldn't even pay that for him. As Point said, there are far better strikers available for less than £25 million at the moment.

Was he worth £50M, no.

Form aside We overpriced him plain and simple. 1) Because he was going to a rival team 2) we wanted the extra money to find a replacement at the last minute 3) For all we knew he was gonna keep on that run he built under Kenny and smash the League with Chelsea,with us being the first casualties.

Carroll's situation was similar in January but would have been different in the summer given the lengthy spell he had out injured. Newcastle probably knew themselves that they wouldn't have got nowhere near £35M for Carroll in the summer.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:22 am

1. You were hardly rivals at the time
    2. I thought money was no object for you considering the new owners? I'm pretty sure someone from Liverpool came out and said something similar to that as well.
    3. Did you? Well, you were wrong.

We should just settle this here Dave. Torres isn't worth anywhere near £25 million at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:20 am