Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lvrpl4life
Childish Logic
Jeff
dena
Samuel-x
ResurrectionRooney
Rodallega
luke.
VivaRonaldoLAD
Start.
14 posters

Is Torres past it?

Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Is Torres past it? Empty Is Torres past it?

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 am

I was having a debate with a mate, He think's Torres' game has gone to pieces and he's just wasting away now.

What do you guys think? Will he ever really return?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Is Torres past it? Empty Re: Is Torres past it?

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:15 am

Yes, alot more has happened him that just losing his form. If you see him running, its almost like its a struggle for him. Hes slow, sluggish, and just pish tbh. People said after he gets a goal he'll be flying.. and when he got that goal, he was still the same as before... Imo something else has to be behind his drop.
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:18 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Yes, alot more has happened him that just losing his form. If you see him running, its almost like its a struggle for him. Hes slow, sluggish, and just pish tbh. People said after he gets a goal he'll be flying.. and when he got that goal, he was still the same as before... Imo something else has to be behind his drop.

Hmm, I'm going to wait till end of the season till I decide.

I agree with you the way he runs though, but one game like the one he had against Stoke was so good then next was piss again, just something so weird.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 am

If you have ever played football on a muddy pitch, and the mud is stuck to your boots, when running your legs feel so heavy and its such an effort.. its almost like thats happening him. Laughing

It looks so weird how stuffed hes got.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

No.

No need to explain why.
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

luke. wrote:No.

No need to explain why.

I'm curious to see why?
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

No, certainly not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 am

Not at all, he's looked great at times this season. Neutral
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:24 am

Do you lad's reckon he'll actually ever return to the way he played at Liverpool? There's been blips of him during games but that's it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:24 am

It'd surprise me if he ever got back the form he had in his first couple of years at Liverpool. Injuries have killed him the last couple of years and they'll probably continue to do so.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

The way hes moving on the pitch just tells me its alot more than a loss in form/confidence.
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:The way hes moving on the pitch just tells me its alot more than a loss in form/confidence.

I just couldn't imagine what would happen to his confidence if he bags a winner or a brace something really nice against Liverpool, would do so much for him!
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am

He's not past it, I'm sure he'll return to his former self regardless of how slow that may be.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 am

Start. wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:The way hes moving on the pitch just tells me its alot more than a loss in form/confidence.

I just couldn't imagine what would happen to his confidence if he bags a winner or a brace something really nice against Liverpool, would do so much for him!

Everyone said that, then he scored against West Ham and nothing happened. Score against Utd, nothing happened. Scored against Leverkusen.... -_-
    Start.
    Start.

Post by Start. Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Start. wrote:

Everyone said that, then he scored against West Ham and nothing happened. Score against Utd, nothing happened. Scored against Leverkusen.... -_-

It's just the fact in most of them games something bad happend (Such as his miss against Utd lol) but the team that would increase his confidence the most would surely be Liverpool? shifty
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am

Start. wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

It's just the fact in most of them games something bad happend (Such as his miss against Utd lol) but the team that would increase his confidence the most would surely be Liverpool? shifty

It will also be much harder against Liverpool as most of the defence has played with him and against him in training day in day out, and Reina has probably been against him more than any other keeper. i cant even see him playing on sunday.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:52 am

He gone.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm

To many injuries fucked him up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 pm

If by "it" you mean his best then yes.

He's well fucking past it and its quite obvious for anyone to see. Sure he's looked lively in some games but thats nothing compared to what he was at his best. He's a pile of shit compared to what he once was and will never regain that form imo.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I agree with chris partly.....

I don't think torres will ever reach his best again but i do believe he can get to be a really good striker. He was on form for like 3 or 4 games before he went to chelsea so yeah.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Well he's not finished. But past his best, definite yes. The 07/08 season was something he could never eclipse, injuries then took him on a downward spiral. Speaking of injuries, I rather surprised he hasn't been sidelined by one yet.
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

The way he played in the first season for us was also down to defenders not knowing what the hell to do when he ran at them - now they can predict every move he makes.

He has lost more than a yard of pace and his finishing in awful. He scores a brilliant goal against United then misses an open net from ridiculously close.

I can't remember who Chelsea played in Europe recently, but he set up both goals if I recall correctly? scratch

Hit and miss is an understatement though - confidence plays a big part but it definitely looks like something else. The Liverpool fans absolutely adored him, and I mean adored him. He knew that, and I think that also made playing at Anfield like being at "home".

Perhaps he hasn't made that connection with the Chelsea fans yet. I definitely think something else is behind his dip. I'd like to say he is regretting his move, but his quotes certainly don't suggest that.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

At 27 I think he's played his best football, but that doesn't mean he's not going to play well again.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 am

Reminds me of Bishop for us he had way too many injuries and was pish for two years and kept getting injured but this season he has came back in to form and every game hes getting better i just think Torres needs a few goals and he will definitely kick on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:15 am

Yah, he's passed it. He was an early bloomer and now won't manage more than 10 goals a season, ever.

To add insult to injury, Lukaku and Sturridge will take over and Torres will find himself struggling to start and Chelsea will eventually offload him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:16 am

Injuries have killed him.

Feel sorry for him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:20 am

No, he's not past it. He's shown this season that if he gets a quality ball into space, he can produce the goods. Look at his goal against Man United. That was classic Torres. An effortless dink over the keeper.

The problem is how Chelsea play. For us, Torres played off the last man and he had quality service from Gerrard etc.

For Chelsea, I've noticed that he plays a lot deeper, and people expect him to create chances for himself out of nothing. He's not Suarez. He needs to play off the last man and i don't think Chelsea are ever going to play with that style, so I think we may never see the best of Torres again unless he moves to a club that builds their team around Torres.

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am

polska. wrote:Yah, he's passed it. He was an early bloomer and now won't manage more than 10 goals a season, ever.

To add insult to injury, Lukaku and Sturridge will take over and Torres will find himself struggling to start and Chelsea will eventually offload him.

He scored 10 last season and is actually on pace to score 15 (rounded up from 14.6) if he continues playing as he is and has as many appearances as last year.
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:36 am

He will never be as god as he was at Liverpool, he will be good again though
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 am

Chelsea simply can't have such rotten luck with their players. It's almost cruel. They sign the best striker in the world (Andryi Shevchenko) and he never recovers his form, then they sign one of the top 3 strikers in the world, and his form drops dramatically. I honestly athought Shevcenko would recover his form, unfortunately he never did. I hope the same doesn't happen to Torres, that would just be sad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:28 am