Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams

Anonymous

gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams Empty gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 am

is being cap and is rated as best player in u16 team of england???????????

england doing a 'germany'?
    Anonymous

gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams Empty Re: gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:23 am

eek2

I remember scotland tried to get nacho novo.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams Empty Re: gus poyets son, diego poyet being cap by england youth teams

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:25 am

ddance

He's been here since 2 years of age i believe, so it's highly likely
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 am

It's better than what Italy is doing with Amauri. Neutral

Doing a Germany isn't a bad thing. All of Germany's players grew up in Germany. This guy grew up in England --> Plays for England. Simple as that.

I hate what Poland is about to do though, cap a random Colombian who happened to play for Lech Poznan for a few years. We did the same shit with Roger and Olisadebe. I hate that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 am

im no think amauri or ledesma will ever play again
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:33 am

I remember listening to a story on BBC World Football about him, I thought he'd play for Uruguay but guess not.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:It's better than what Italy is doing with Amauri. Neutral

Doing a Germany isn't a bad thing. All of Germany's players grew up in Germany. This guy grew up in England --> Plays for England. Simple as that.

I hate what Poland is about to do though, cap a random Colombian who happened to play for Lech Poznan for a few years. We did the same shit with Roger and Olisadebe. I hate that.

Most players we're more likely to accept who have no bloodline have colonial roots with common British names like John Barnes ect

Poyet has a completely different name, born in Uruguay and complete Uruguayan roots (correct me if I'm wrong), so i think mauro's trying to compare him to Gomez although Podolski would be a better comparison
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 am

hey im make no arguement here

if he grow up in england then he is both english and uruguayan so is no problems

not one or the other

he born in spain though but live in england whole life so he is english

name is no matter

i dont like those who becoming naturalize after becoming pro to play for other country unless they have blood link
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:43 am

mauro wrote:hey im make no arguement here

if he grow up in england then he is both english and uruguayan so is no problems

not one or the other

he born in spain though but live in england whole life so he is english

name is no matter

i dont like those who becoming naturalize after becoming pro to play for other country unless they have blood link

True, but i think it's fairly acceptable to do it now considering world cup winners have been naturalized to play for those countrys. People view it as shameful and as taking another countries unwanted players but a lot of those players like i've explained above have become vital in those countries winning silverware so meh. Hope he does anyway
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 am

I've no problem with it. He's lived here longer than in Uruguay.

Almunia can fuck off though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:28 am

Dan wrote:I've no problem with it. He's lived here longer than in Uruguay.

Almunia can fuck off though.
    No idea why anyone would consider Almunia for England when you have Hart. scratch
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 am

He'd be like 6th choice, so many times he's fucked up.

I lol'd when he said he wanted an England call up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:05 am

Diego Poyet is playing international youth team football for the only country he can play for (i think). Ryan Giggs played for England U16's too. unless the rule has changed recently, you can only play for the country of your residence until you have reached the age of 16.

Diego will (if good enough) probably continue to represent England up to U21 level (unless he is given a full cap before hand) when he will then have a choice between England and uruguay.

i would be honoured if he chose his adopted homeland, but would understand if he would rather play for Uruguay. you will find little opposition to anyone with his circumstances playing for England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 am

'orrible bastard wrote:Diego Poyet is playing international youth team football for the only country he can play for (i think). Ryan Giggs played for England U16's too. unless the rule has changed recently, you can only play for the country of your residence until you have reached the age of 16.

Diego will (if good enough) probably continue to represent England up to U21 level (unless he is given a full cap before hand) when he will then have a choice between England and uruguay.

i would be honoured if he chose his adopted homeland, but would understand if he would rather play for Uruguay. you will find little opposition to anyone with his circumstances playing for England.

Giggs played for England Schoolboys because he went to school in England. He was never eligible for England. Poyet can play for both Uruguay or England at any level.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 am

I think he'd pick England over Uruguay.

It depends on the father though. Kasper Schmeichel was 5 when he moved to England but his dad was adamant that he'd play for Denmark.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 am

Dan wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:Diego Poyet is playing international youth team football for the only country he can play for (i think). Ryan Giggs played for England U16's too. unless the rule has changed recently, you can only play for the country of your residence until you have reached the age of 16.

Giggs played for England Schoolboys because he went to school in England. He was never eligible for England. Poyet can play for both Uruguay or England at any level.

by the same token, Giggs couldn't play for Wales School boys. just as Diego Poyet can not represent Uruguay at that level as he lives in England!

i know its a myth that Giggs could have played for England through his father who was also welsh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Dan wrote:

by the same token, Giggs couldn't play for Wales School boys. just as Diego Poyet can not represent Uruguay at that level as he lives in England!

i know its a myth that Giggs could have played for England through his father who was also welsh.

He's not playing for England Schoolboys though. He's playing at youth level - it's different. He can play for Uruguay as well if they came in for him and he accepted their call.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:38 am

Dan wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Dan wrote:

He's not playing for England Schoolboys though. He's playing at youth level - it's different. He can play for Uruguay as well if they came in for him and he accepted their call.

which would lead me back to my opening paragraph, where i questioned my own knowledge on the subject. although England U16's are the England School Boys!
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:27 am

mauro wrote:im no think amauri or ledesma will ever play again

Political stunt by stupid ass Prandelli.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:11 am