Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Samuel-x
Theo Filippo
Jeff
Kuled
dena
Clark
Marvin
El Jefe
Rodallega
ResurrectionRooney
15 posters

Are Uruguay a top International side?

Poll

[ 22 ]
    Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_left76%Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_right [76%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_left14%Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_left10%Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 29
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Uruguay a top International side?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 am

cheesy wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

What do you mean they haven't been up there in recent years? They finished 4th at the World Cup, and they won the Copa America a few months ago, and got to the Semis of the previous one, only losing on penalties to the eventual winners.

I'm talking about the years before that, where they probably wouldn't have been considered among the best. Obviously, that has changed now, over the past two years I'd say.

Ah, I see, so when you say recent years, you actually mean the years that aren't recent. Apart from the years where they won 14 South American Champions and multiple World Cups.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Are Uruguay a top International side? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Uruguay a top International side?

Post by Demba Ba Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:32 am

cheesy wrote:

I'm talking about the years before that, where they probably wouldn't have been considered among the best. Obviously, that has changed now, over the past two years I'd say.

Ah, I see, so when you say recent years, you actually mean the years that aren't recent. Apart from the years where they won 14 South American Champions and multiple World Cups.

Wouldn't you call the years 2008 or 2009, for instance, recent, or are you just searching for an argument now?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

cheesy wrote:

Wouldn't you call the years 2008 or 2009, for instance, recent, or are you just searching for an argument now?

Absolutely, but they reached the Copa America Semi Finals a year earlier than 2008 and two years earlier than 2009, where they went out on penalties to eventual winners Brazil. In fact their last tournament performance where they didn't reach the Semi Finals was in 2006, when they failed to qualify.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:27 pm