Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
El Jefe
Marvin
crump
Childish Logic
Roloman4
Ben
Coatsy
The Zlatan
dena
Clark
Jamie
SBSP
Cadbury
ResurrectionRooney
Sean
19 posters

History Thread

Sean

History Thread Empty History Thread

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 pm

I know alot of people here like history so here's a place to discuss interesting events, characters and recent discoveries regarding all period's of History.
    Anonymous

History Thread Empty Re: History Thread

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:56 pm

So.. Hitler. What a character. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Not enough people here intelligent enough for this thread.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Bit of a broad subject to discuss in one thread, don't you think?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

LOL Chelsea fan starting thread about history. Irony lollol.

Last edited by Cadbury on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Like history, hate history class. think
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

No point, it's all in the past now.

/Pip
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Like history, love psychology.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm

As Polska said, there'll probably only be a few who frequent it. But I mean, say you just watched an interesting documentary or something and felt like talking about it, well you could use this thread
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Good idea, so Thomas Crapper, what do you guys think of him?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that our age like, 2000 to now, will be really boring for people in the future to learn about?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

SBSP wrote:Like history, hate history class. think
    I don't get people's problem with history class.

It is like honest to god one of the easiest things in school. Just read through the textbook once, take a few notes of important things and when it happened, and study them. Before a test read over the textbook once more and your done.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Cam wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that our age like, 2000 to now, will be really boring for people in the future to learn about?
    Probably.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Cam wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that our age like, 2000 to now, will be really boring for people in the future to learn about?

9/11?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I love History Class tbh, even though I suck with dates Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I think the slave trade was overrated. Africans were basically given a better life without the hassle of Visa's and all that, and were aloud to live in a good country rather than a 3rd world one. I bet there are poor Africans that would jump at the chance to work for people in America
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

polska. wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Like history, hate history class. think
    I don't get people's problem with history class.

It is like honest to god one of the easiest things in school. Just read through the textbook once, take a few notes of important things and when it happened, and study them. Before a test read over the textbook once more and your done.
    I had the worst teacher ever though. She got her degree online. Neutral facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Are you kidding me?

The last two decades have seen the biggest explosion of human technology development mankind has seen!
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Maybe, some would argue otherwise.

I was watching Discovery as I usually do and it was about Dinosaurs. And one was a massive type of Crocodile, The Sarcosuchus. Imagine if they were still around eek
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:02 pm

polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

The last two decades have seen the biggest explosion of human technology development mankind has seen!

Not really something you learn about in History though. I guess you have the war on terror, but what else really is there?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Sean wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

Not really something you learn about in History though. I guess you have the war on terror, but what else really is there?
    You don't learn about technology in history? Suspect What kind of class are you taking? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Forest wrote:I think the slave trade was overrated. Africans were basically given a better life without the hassle of Visa's and all that, and were aloud to live in a good country rather than a 3rd world one. I bet there are poor Africans that would jump at the chance to work for people in America
    They were happy with their lives in Africa. They weren't living poorly either. Today's Africa was poor, Africa before Europeans included rich empires, one of the world's biggest centers of education in Timbuktu, and their rural populations who lived through agricultural means lived no worse off than European or Asian farmers of the same time.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 pm

polska. wrote:
    Forest wrote:I think the slave trade was overrated. Africans were basically given a better life without the hassle of Visa's and all that, and were aloud to live in a good country rather than a 3rd world one. I bet there are poor Africans that would jump at the chance to work for people in America
    They were happy with their lives in Africa. They weren't living poorly either. Today's Africa was poor, Africa before Europeans included rich empires, one of the world's biggest centers of education in Timbuktu, and their rural populations who lived through agricultural means lived no worse off than European or Asian farmers of the same time.
    I was hoping no one would take the bait. Fuck you
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 pm

There's the emergence of Dubstep
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

What he said.

You could look at human society in 500BC and 1000AD and there wouldn't be that much difference, compare even 1900 to today though and the differences are massive. World politics seem pretty stable at the moment, there are no wars between major powers any more due to MAD and economic interdependencies, but the changes in lifestyle for the ordinary citizen are enormous.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

No-one has taken my bait yet Cool
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

SBSP wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

You don't learn about technology in history? Suspect What kind of class are you taking? Laughing

No, I learn about German History, Russian Revolution, Irish Famine etc. Why what technology do you learn about?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Sean wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

Thing is you're comparing a period of 1 decade to the rest of the world's existence.

I'm not a historian obviously but I doubt this decade is noticeably less eventful than the majority of previous decades, just assuming though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Sean wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

No, I learn about German History, Russian Revolution, Irish Famine etc. Why what technology do you learn about?
    You don't learn about the Renaissance or Industrial Revolution or that sort of stuff?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:39 am