Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Cadbury
Simonc89
crump
Jordi
Theo Filippo
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Ben
Zzonked
Cameron.
Barton
Drake
Danny
Roloman4
SBSP
Sean
Mason
Kuled
zeke_cross
ShakerMatty
Pippo
25 posters

Torquay United: Super Gulls!

Anonymous

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Empty Re: Torquay United: Super Gulls!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:03 am

Pilkz wrote:Good luck Smile

Thanks eek2

Kuled wrote:eek2
    Come on Torquay Very Happy

We shall try our hardest to succeed and bring the title home eek2

JMB_94 wrote:
    Forest wrote:Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 The_sun The Penny has dropped! Your views

Following on from last night's remarkable outburst from Torquay United boss, Martin Ling, The Sun have been getting the publics reactions on the matter

Last night, Torquay United boss Martin Ling released an attack on England's top referee Hayden Pennyfeather after he dished out two penalties to Yeovil in their Carling Cup 1st Round clash. Ling was quoted as saying, live on air in an interview for BBC Radio Devon, "I hope he dies. He is a first class c***. The footballing world will be better off without his bald head which resembles a p****".

Fans of the Devon club flocked to Internet message boards and forums, many of them in disbelief at the media attention their manager had brought to the club.
    One devastated fan even seemed to take the comments to heart, saying this to our reporter, "I can't f****** believe it. Why the f*** did he have to f****** swear to the b****** media? What an abolute c***.
    We managed to some internet search after the event to see what the publics reactions were. One die-hard Torquay fan on their forum that goes by the name of 'Gully Bull', had this to say on the matter, "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant from our boss. He's proven he's passionate for the club, what more could we ask for? I also reckon he was instructed to swear by the illuminati. They see Devon as the nicest holiday resort in England, therefore they would like our club to be the biggest in England. And what better way to get attention from the media than to copy Fergie eh?"

We managed to catch a few words with some members from leading football forum, The Playmaker. Here are what some of the members had to say on the matter.
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote, "Martin Ling <3"
    kyro7 wrote, "What a cunt"
    Danny wrote, "Fuck that tbh"
    mauro=beast wrote, "typical english behaviour would not expect from kind good italian men no way, but i do agree that pennyfeather is referee like retarded elephant and i think he just got a beasting from ling!"

Meanwhile, the Liverpool fans refused to comment and began to slate Jela for talking to us.

I tired to put that in the Hall of Fame but it dosen't work. Laughing

Laughing Thanks, Kuled's just managed to do it now eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Football_League_Two

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 _48828326_torquay_bradford_v1

Torquay faced a Bradford side at home today who were only 1 point and 2 places below them, so it was all to play for. Torquay got off to a decent start, hitting the woodwork twice early on. But it would be Bradford that take the lead, their forward slotting the ball under Bevan after some good play on the counter attack. Torquay tried their hardest to get back into the game, Jordan Mutch and Chris Zebroski coming close with efforts, but Bradford stayed tight at the back and held on for the win. Final score, Torquay 0-1 Bradford.

Torquay 0-1 Bradford
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Football_League_Two

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 _49637866_gillingham_torquay_640

Torquay travelled to Gillingham on the back of their first defeat with Martin Ling on the sidelines, their only other defeat coming during his 6 game ban. The Gulls looked in control from the off, Billy Kee grabbing a 12th minute lead after some good build up play starting from the back. 8 Minutes later and Torquay made it 2; this time Billy Kee turning provider to float in a cross for Robinson to head home. From then on Torquay never looked like losing their lead, and shortly after the interval they scored their 3rd and final goal of the game, Chris Zebroski latching onto a through ball from Jordan Mutch. Final score, Gillingham 0-3 Torquay.

Gillingham 0-3 Torquay

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdkoUM2zP1C9BKHy5wObhaYp-jQ4fNpcj9l-cHZHst_Pm7YsdV&t=1

Martin Ling, "I'll Quit"

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 _53394464_martin_ling_getty

Just as things at Torquay United seemed to have returned to normality, boss Martin Ling, at the centre of the infamous interview about Hayden Pennyfeather, has sensationally revealed today that he will quit as manager of Torquay, and has revealed where he will like to end up as manager next.

Speaking today with thisissouthdevon, Martin Ling revealed his wish to manage at a higher level.
    "I've had a great time here at Torquay so far, but at the end of the day, we're just a small club near the coast, and as a manager, I feel I have a lot more to offer."

He also went on to reveal his motives behind today's shocking news, "Well, I was watching SSN late one evening last year. I can remember it pretty well as it's the first time I was watching it in HD. If you didn't know, Sky Sports News is now in HD you know, which means you can watch it in HD. Anyway, the reason this was etched in my mind was because Charlotte Jackson was presenting, so I was bound to take an interest. So there I was, getting proper into it, rubbing my hands together and that. Was just about to grab the tissue box off the desk then BAM! Up pops Sam Allardyce and all momentum is lost. I still carried on watching however, as anyone that know's Big Sam will tell you, he's a boring man and in an interview being shown this late at night, it should have helped me to sleep. It didn't though, infact, it kept me awake all night and got me thinking. You'll probably remember it well actually. It was the interview where he revealed he would be able to manage a top European side such as Real Madrid or Inter Milan. Many people would have found this hilarious, but I didn't. I completely agreed with the man. It got me thinking that I too, could manage a top side, which is why I will consider quitting Torquay."

Shocked by these revelations, we asked Martin what his plans would be once he left Torquay, if he were to leave.
    "Well, I've thought it through, and made a few phonecalls to Roman Abramovich at Chelsea. He's told me that he'd be very interested in appointing me as the new Chelsea manager after I gave him my CV of Football Manager 2010 achievements and had an interview via phone with him. The interview was pretty simple actually. All I did was say 'Yes' to everything and he seemed to think I was the perfect man for the job."

We'd like to hear your views on this storyline, so you can send us a Text at: 07678472282, E-Mail us at: thisissouthdevon@news.com or you can leave a comment below.

Comments: (26)

Anonymous: hahahaha chelsea? we dont want you - 16/06/11 - 12.36 PM

luke.: Ha! You're joking right. Of all my years supporting Chelsea i've not once read such rubbish! - 16/06/11 - 12.37 PM

SBSP: rofl rofl rofl - 16/06/11 - 12.38 PM

Kuled: *facepalm* - 16/06/11 - 12.41 PM

Jelavic18|RFC: Oh dear - 16/06/11 - 12.42 PM

luke.: Go away Jela, is that all you post? - 16/06/11 - 12.44 PM

The Miz: **** up ginger - 16/06/11 - 12.45 PM

Jelavic18|RFC: rofl - 16/06/11 - 12.45 PM

Kuled: Jela *facepalms* - 16/06/11 - 12.47 PM

crump: He should sign Gerrard to play Centre Forward with Torres - 16/06/11 - 12.48 PM

Flippo Inzaghi: Why would he want an average Liverpool player? rofl - 16/06/11 - 12.53 PM

Liverpool: GO away Flippo, you're just a troll - 16/06/11 - 12.55 PM

kyro7: **** - 16/06/11 - 12.57 PM

mauru=beast: he is beasting english football this ling. me not be suprised if he be england manager one day as he must crave celebrtyism just like other english stars like beckham and heskey who just want fame - 16/06/11 - 12.58 PM

Jordi: Heskey? notworthy: - 16/06/11 - 12.59 PM

Anonymous: This man is a joke. How Torquay still employ him after that interview is beyond me. I hope they don't achieve promotion - 16/06/11 - 13.26 PM

Jelavic18|RFC: I agree. Who are you on the forum btw? - 16/06/11 - 13.27 PM

luke.: This is another website and that's an anonymous comment, so he's not on the forum obviosuly.. - 16/06/11 - 13.29 PM

SBSP: rofl rofl rofl - 16/06/11 - 13.29 PM

Kuled: Jela *facepalms* - 16/06/11 - 13.31 PM

Jelavic18|RFC: Oh dear. - 16/06/11 - 13.34 PM

Sean: The guy's got good craic, wouldn't want him as our manager in a hundered years though - 16/06/11 - 15.05 PM

luke.: We should sign Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Ronaldo. Twitter told me it's going to happen - 16/06/11 - 15.07 PM

The Miz: **** up ginger - 16/06/11 - 15.08 PM

Pip: Very good manager. I'd suggest he take over at Solomon Islands one day too, very good nation. Perhaps he will sign Totori? - 16/06/11 - 15.24 PM

crump: inb4lock - 16/06/11 - 18.02 PM

Add Comment: [Add Comment]

Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:01 am

Allardyce is not boring fuck you Forest Coffee
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:02 am

The comments rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 am

I only read the comments, but I enjoyed them. Cool
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 am

as long as you dont come after simon grayson! Crying or Very sad
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 am

The comments are class and so true rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

So I did read after all, I was pissing myself at those comments. I love your imitations of Luke, Mauro and Pippo, absolutely spot on.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:14 am

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t6486p30-leeds-united-marching-on-together#680948
    Sky sports news reporting. fuck off Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 am

Fucking brilliant Forest!
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 am

I just heard that the source could indeed be a phony.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 am

I'm not really like that Embarassed

Sad
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 am

OH MY GOD FOREST rofl
    BEST MANAGER MODE EVER
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Header_logo

ODDS FOR NEXT CHELSEA MANAGER

Guus Hiddink - 3/1

Martin Ling - 4/1

Rafa Benitez - 5/1

Harry Redknapp - 10/1

Mark Hughes - 15/1

Roberto Di Matteo - 25/1

Gianfranco Zola - 30/1

Martin O'Neill - 40/1

Steve McClaren - 80/1

Simon Grayson - 100/1

luke. - 1000/1
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

Forest wrote:
    Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Header_logo

ODDS FOR NEXT CHELSEA MANAGER

Guus Hiddink - 3/1

Martin Ling - 4/1

Rafa Benitez - 5/1

Harry Redknapp - 10/1

Mark Hughes - 15/1

Roberto Di Matteo - 25/1

Gianfranco Zola - 30/1

Martin O'Neill - 40/1

Steve McClaren - 80/1

Simon Grayson - 100/1luke. - 1000/1
    Faint
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

Thank you for all the kind comments of support everyone. Without you, this thread wouldn't continue, please keep it up and I will keep providing you with the most realistic views of a manager through the use of Career Mode the Internet has ever seen Smile
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 pm

You mentioned Heskey. not worthy
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I nearly choked on my toast when I read my comments, haha. Brilliant work Forest, do more of that comments thing.

Nice work!
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Leeds United are waiting on a statement from Torquay about manager Martin Ling.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 am

Forest Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 0,,10784~3373467,00

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 0,,10423~6814223,00

I announce today, that I, Martin Ling, will remain as Torquay United manager. I never intended on quitting. I lied. I thought it'd be funny to see how the betting odds changed. It worked. I was 2nd favourite for the Chelsea job with Victor Chandler. I apologise for any inconvenience, but my best interests are with Torquay United, and I look forward to taking the club into League 1.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Johnstones_trophylogolandscape

The tie fans have been dreaming of!

Johnstones Paint Trophy, Southern Section Quarter Final

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 Torquay-united 2-0 Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 0,,10436~7251420,00

In what was an excellent, attacking game of football, the game was marred with crowd trouble. From the off, the tension in the ground was high. Trouble had already kicked off before the match in some nearby pubs and bars, with 6 arrests. Onto the game, and Torquay were up for it from the off, with Exeter looking uninterested. Torquay took the lead on 36 minutes, sending their fans into dreamland. Stevens with the effort from 18 yards out. Torquay continued to press on after half time, Jordan Mutch playing a lovely one-two with Kee on the half way line, leaving him with a free run to goal from 40 yards out. The Exeter keeper saved his lacklustre effort, but he had no problems in finishing the rebound from the resulting save. Final score, Torquay 2-0 Exeter

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 _45809966_torquay_parade_closefans_phil_mingo_www.ppauk.com014
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:11 am

Forest wrote:
    Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 0,,10784~3373467,00

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 0,,10423~6814223,00

I announce today, that I, Martin Ling, will remain as Torquay United manager. I never intended on quitting. I lied. I thought it'd be funny to see how the betting odds changed. It worked. I was 2nd favourite for the Chelsea job with Victor Chandler. I apologise for any inconvenience, but my best interests are with Torquay United, and I look forward to taking the club into League 1.
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:34 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 The_Sun

Torquay clash marred by crowd trouble

Torquay United have found themselves in
    the media spotlight once again, this time for
    fan trouble at their Johnstone's Paint Trophy
    Southern Section Quarter Final game with
    fierce local rivals, Exeter City

Police revealed yesterday that they arrested 6
    people before the match had even kicked off.
    Most of these were arrested in a nearby
    Wetherspoons, a popular place for fans of both
    sides before games. 2 of the arrests were Exeter
    fans, with 3 being Torquay fans. The toher arrest
    took place outside the clubs ticket office, after
    staff refused to sell a home ticket to a man
    wearing an Exeter City shirt, so he attempted to
    smash through the window. During the game,
    stewards and police kept the majority of
    the crowd under control, with only 2 arrests
    taking place. After the game however hell broke
    loose. A staggering 39 arrests took place, more
    than 30 of them being Exeter fans.
    Police have
    dealt with the matter brilliantly according to
    local sources. They have however, appealed for
    any witnesses to come forward, as there is one
    very serious case which took place last night
    that has been left unsolved. This Torquay United
    fan (pictured below) is on the run.
    Torquay United: Super Gulls! - Page 3 TUFC%20Second%20Life

What we know so far, is that the offender poses
    a serious threat to the public. Living in the
    North West of England, it is understood that
    this Man Utd fan was on holiday in Torquay at
    the time, and decided to attend the game,
    wearing the new shirt he'd bought. We believe
    he is 16 years old, and is an avid fan of
    both Man Utd and Burscough. As of now, we don't
    have any names to match the picture. If you do
    see this person, do not approach him. Phone the
    Police straight away, and they will be out to
    as quick as they can. We must reiterate the fact
    that you can not approach this dangerous boy.

If you know anything about the criminal, don't
    hesitate to let us know. Either phone us on
    08008008135 or E-Mail us, at sun@mail.com.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:41 am

That picture. rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:47 am

rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:53 pm