Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Cadbury
Simonc89
crump
Jordi
Theo Filippo
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Ben
Zzonked
Cameron.
Barton
Drake
Danny
Roloman4
SBSP
Sean
Mason
Kuled
zeke_cross
ShakerMatty
Pippo
25 posters

Torquay United: Super Gulls!

Anonymous

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Empty Torquay United: Super Gulls!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Torquay United: Super Gulls! BadgeTorquay_United

Name: Torquay United
    Nicknames: The Gulls
    Founded: 1899
    Stadium: Plainmoor
    Capacity: 6104
    Chairman: Simon Baker
    Manager: Martin Ling

History:

Founded in 1899, Torquay United, nicknamed The Gulls, are a League 2 club based in the tourist resort town of Torquay, Devon. The Gulls are currently in League 2, although they face Stevenage in the League 2 Play Off Final at Old Trafford; only 2 years after being promoted back into League 2 from the Blue Square Premier.

Torquay have never played football at a higher level than Division 3 (Now League 1). The majority of their history has seen them in Division 4 (League 2), only ever dropping out of the Football League for 2 seasons, in 2007/08 and 2008/09, where they then achieved promotion back to the Football League via the Play Offs against Cambridge United.

Torquay have had marginal success in the Football League Trophy (Jonhstones Paint Trophy), with a few Quarter Final appearances, one Semi-Final appearance, and 1 Runner Up medal. The Gulls were also runner up in the FA Trophy in 2007/08.
    Anonymous

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Empty Re: Torquay United: Super Gulls!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 18688155

Goalkeepers:

1. S.Bevan
    16. D.Potter

Defenders:

5. C.Robertson
    4. M.Ellis
    23. G.Branston
    3. K.Nicholson
    18. J.Oastler
    25. E.Palmer
    2. L.Rowe-Turner

Midfielders:

7. L.Mansell
    6. C.Stanley
    19. D.Stevens
    10. E.O'Kane
    11. R.Gilligan
    22. D.Lathrope
    17. S.Halpin

Forwards:

26. C.Zebroski
    9. J.Robinson
    14. L.Macklin
    8. B.Kee
    24. A.Yeoman

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 727
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 100513d1282235624-shearer-local-hero-sky-sports-news-logo

SkySports Breaking News: Torquay United appoint manager Martin Ling on a 2 Year Contract

Torquay United chairman, Simon Baker, has today announced former Cambridge United manager, Martin Ling, as the man to take over the Torquay hotseat. The board have high expectations for the club, and expect Ling to achieve a Top 6 finish, and have provided funds of up to £400,000 to strenghten the squad
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Bring back Michael Poke.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm

SkySports Breaking News: Torquay capture young Italian defender, E.Semroni on a free transfer
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Torquay United have today announced their pre-season fixtures in preparation for the new season. The Gulls will play host to AD Alcorcon before travelling to FC Gronlngen, and will wrap up their preparations with a home tie against Dutch side, FC Utrecht. Also today, Torquay have announced the signing of young Birmingham City star, Jordan Mutch, on a season long loan deal. Mutch is hoping the move will give him first team experience so he can return to Birmingham and push on for a starting place.

SkySports Breaking News: Torquay United capture Birmingham star Jordan Mutch on a season long loan
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm

How Mutch did you pay in loan fees?

Also, as an unofficial scout, I reckon Thomas Cruise would be a good buy on loan from Arsenal.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 pm

im gonna copy your layout shifty
    jks
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Torquay United 1-2 AD Alcorcon

Torquay fans are happy with the way their side played today, despite defeat. Torquay had the most of the possession with 54%, and were the side creating more chances. Alcorcon took the lead after sloppy defending at the back, in what was an otherwise tight defence all game. Alcorcon then doubled their lead after the break with a penalty. The decision to award the penalty seemed very harsh and angered the Torquay players and staff. Straight from the kick off however, Torquay managed to grab one back, the ball being played out wide to C.Robertson, who played some lovely one-two's down the right with J.Robinson, before J.Robinson cooly fired into the bottom corner. Torquay pushed on from this but couldn't grab the equaliser. Final score, Torquay 1-2 AD Alcorcon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm

FC Groningen 0-0 Torquay United

A fiery encounter today which kept referee Lasse Lagerroth busy throughout. FC Groningen were down to 10 men after only 17 minutes, defender F.Stenman receiving a straight red for being the last man. Torquay were so close to taking advantage of the resulting free kick, rattling the bar. Torquay hit the woodwork once again in the fist half, this time Chris Zebroski's effort smashing the post. It was looking likely that Torquay were going to push on and win, but Groningen came out after half time and put up a much better challenge, and could have took the lead if it weren't for a last ditch challenge from Torquay centre back, Sembroni, to block what looked to be heading straight for goal. Final score, 0-0.
    zeke_cross
    zeke_cross

Post by zeke_cross Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 am

Nice so far,good luck Yessss
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 am

Good Luck Forest thumb
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 am

My Manager mode is better shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 am

Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 am

Torquay United 3-0 FC Utrecht

Torquay record an easy victory over a lacklustre Utrecht side to wrap up this year's pre-season victory in style. Billy Kee got the Gulls off to the perfect start with a precisely placed finish. Shortly after the interval C.Stanley added another, pouncing on a rebound. Billy Kee rounded the game off in the 90th minute with a sweetly placed header for his 2nd and Torquay's 3rd of the game. Final score, Torquay 3-0 FC Utrecht.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Football_League_Two

The season has begun! League 2 kicks off today after months of waiting. After a miserable World Cup campaign, English fans will be back supporting their clubs for the long season ahead. Early season favourites for the League 2 title are Chesterfield and Shrewsbury, with Bury also hotly tipped.

Opening Weekend Fixtures:

Southend United v Crew
    Macclesfield v Oxford
    Burton Albion v Torquay
    Accrington v Bury
    Shrewsbury v Cheltenham
    Barnet v Wycombe
    Hereford v Stockport
    Lincoln v Northampton
    Morecombe v Port Vale
    Stevenage v Chesterfield
    Aldershot v Bradford
    Rotherham v Gillingham

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Burton_Albion_logo 0-1 Torquay United: Super Gulls! 200px-Torquay_United_FC.svg

Torquay came away with a 1-0 victory today at the Pirelli Stadium. The Gulls were on top for most of the game and got their rewards when C.Stanley cooly slotted in a rebound after a fine solo run from Robinson. Manager Martin Ling had this to say, "I'm very proud with the way the players came here and performed today, it's not the easiest places to get a result. But we battled well, stuck to our game plan, and got our rewards."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10

Torquay United have been given a short trip to fellow West Country side Yeovil for their Carling Cup 1st Round fixture. Despite Yeovil being a league above Torquay, fans are optimistic about the clash and feel they can advance to the next round where they can look forward to facing teams such as Everton, Blackburn and Bolton.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Yeovil_Town_FC 2-1 (AET) Torquay United: Super Gulls! 286px-Torquay_United_FC.svg

Torquay United crash out of the Carling Cup 1st Round in controversial fashion this evening. Torquay gained a fortunate penalty which was slotted away, before Yeovil were then given a controversial penalty for handball in the 88th minute. Stuart Bevan went from hero; by saving the spot kick and tipping it over, to villain, by fumbling at the ball from the resulting corner and allowing Yeovil to poke it into the empty net. This wasn't the end of the drama. Yeovil went on to get a 2nd penalty in Extra Time, again for handball, which sparked outrage on the sidelines. Yeovil slotted this one away and managed to hold out for the win. Final score; Yeovil 2-1 Torquay (AET)

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Bbcrad1

Interviewer: Good evening listeners, we've managed to catch Torquay manager Martin Ling for a word today. Martin, what did you make of today's referee performance.

Martin Ling: I am absolutely livid. In all my time of being a professional manager, not once have I come across a referee so out of his depth as Hayden Pennyfeather was tonight. How the FA can continue to employ him is beyond me. He has a girl's name for fucks sake, the stupid bald cunt faced wan - - -

Interviewer: I'm sorry about that viewers, on behalf of the BBC we would like to send out our greatest apologies. Unfortunately this is a live broadcast. Back to you in the studio.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:47 am

Hayden Pennyfeather rofl
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:47 am

You should see the Torquay Forum!

They are all calling for your head!
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 am

Disgraceful.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! The_sun The Penny has dropped! Your views

Following on from last night's remarkable outburst from Torquay United boss, Martin Ling, The Sun have been getting the publics reactions on the matter

Last night, Torquay United boss Martin Ling released an attack on England's top referee Hayden Pennyfeather after he dished out two penalties to Yeovil in their Carling Cup 1st Round clash. Ling was quoted as saying, live on air in an interview for BBC Radio Devon, "I hope he dies. He is a first class c***. The footballing world will be better off without his bald head which resembles a p****".

Fans of the Devon club flocked to Internet message boards and forums, many of them in disbelief at the media attention their manager had brought to the club.
    One devastated fan even seemed to take the comments to heart, saying this to our reporter, "I can't f****** believe it. Why the f*** did he have to f****** swear to the b****** media? What an abolute c***.
    We managed to some internet search after the event to see what the publics reactions were. One die-hard Torquay fan on their forum that goes by the name of 'Gully Bull', had this to say on the matter, "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant from our boss. He's proven he's passionate for the club, what more could we ask for? I also reckon he was instructed to swear by the illuminati. They see Devon as the nicest holiday resort in England, therefore they would like our club to be the biggest in England. And what better way to get attention from the media than to copy Fergie eh?"

We managed to catch a few words with some members from leading football forum, The Playmaker. Here are what some of the members had to say on the matter.
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote, "Martin Ling <3"
    kyro7 wrote, "What a cunt"
    Danny wrote, "Fuck that tbh"
    mauro=beast wrote, "typical english behaviour would not expect from kind good italian men no way, but i do agree that pennyfeather is referee like retarded elephant and i think he just got a beasting from ling!"

Meanwhile, the Liverpool fans refused to comment and began to slate Jela for talking to us.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 am

Martin Ling <3

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 70955
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:02 am

rofl
    This got interesting
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 am

Think of it as a Manager Mode with a twist Wink

Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:16 am

Forest rofl
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 am

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t6486p30-leeds-united-marching-on-together
    opinions on the change of song?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 am

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Sky-sports-news

Voice Over:This, is Sky Sports News. We are also in HD. If you have Sky HD you can view us in HD. Breaking News, we now have a HD channel. Did I mention we have a HD channel. This is Sky Sports News. Also in HD, brought to you by Georgie Thompson.

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Georgie-thompson1

Georgie: Good afternoon, and welcome to Sky Sports News. I'm Georgie Thompson and today we bring to you the aftermath of last's nights sensational interview by Torquay United boss Martin Ling. We've sent Jim White around the Premier League grounds today to get the reactions from the stars at the top of the game, over to you Jim.

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Jim-white

Jim: Hello Georgie darling, looking fabulous this afternoon I must say. Even better than usual infact, love your hair today. I like how your tops showing more cleavage too, why do you never wear that when i'm presenting with you eh?

Georgie: *awkward laugh*

Jim: Hehe. Well, i'm currently at Arsenal's training ground with Arsene Wenger who is here to give his account of things, what did you think of it Arsene?

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Th_arsene-wenger

Wenger: I did not see it

Jim: Well that was Arsene's account on things, here's what the rest of the footballing world had to say.

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Steven_gerrard_62421t

Gerrard: ehhhhmmmmm....ehhhhhhmmmmmm

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Didier_Drogba

Drogba: It was a disgrace!

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 2255_ryan_giggs

Giggs: I wasn't at home at the time so I missed the interview actually, sorry.

Torquay United: Super Gulls! 5564_mario_balotelli

Balotelli: It was pretty shit. Am I allowed to say that?

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Fernando-Torres-Chelsea-L-007-150x150

Torres: I didn't see it. I miss everything these days.

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Wayne-Rooney1-150x150

Rooney: was gettin me hair cut at the time

Torquay United: Super Gulls! Hodgson

Hodgson: Carwing Cup? I don't seem to wemember playing in that this season, is it a weal twophy?

Jim: So there you have it, those are the views of the Premier League, back to you in the studio Georgie

Georgie: Thank you Jim...

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am