Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Eternal Witcher
Iscquin
Glen Miller
Stranger
Alaba v2
Grenade
ricky//habana
Mason
Steadman
Jord
H-T-W14i
Theo Filippo
The Bat-Man
menalawyerguy
luke.
El_indian
Fanatic
Demoz
Roloman4
LFC_Grunners
Cameron.
Dean
Keanoo
Drake
crump
Marvin
Kuled
Childish Logic
Ricardo
dena
Lux
Kris
SBSP
Totti
Cadbury
El Jefe
Mal
Zzonked
ResurrectionRooney
43 posters

Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured?

Poll

Which would you rather do?

[ 18 ]
    Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Bar_left47%Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Bar_left53%Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Bar_right [53%] 

Total Votes: 38
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Empty Re: Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 am

Presumably I would have to torture them to the exact same extent? Have they necessarily done anything to deserve it or are they just a random person dragged off the street?
    crump
    crump

Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 Empty Re: Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured?

Post by crump Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 am

You need to elborate the situation more, I'd find it easier, too hard to call tbh. Shoot 10 innocent dogs? Torture a good person? Someone who's a fucking scumbag or what?
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Presumably I would have to torture them to the exact same extent? Have they necessarily done anything to deserve it or are they just a random person dragged off the street?

Basically. They're in a room, about to be tortured by someone else. But someone says to you, you can go in there and do it instead. And you can do it how you want, slow, fast... and it's a 10 year old girl, crying for her parents. Done nothing wrong, with her whole life in front of her. A small cute little innocent little girl.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 am

Dean wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Presumably I would have to torture them to the exact same extent? Have they necessarily done anything to deserve it or are they just a random person dragged off the street?

Basically. They're in a room, about to be tortured by someone else. But someone says to you, you can go in there and do it instead. And you can do it how you want, slow, fast... and it's a 10 year old girl, crying for her parents. Done nothing wrong, with her whole life in front of her. A small cute little innocent little girl.

This is a very strange scenario - is this the story of how you were conceived?

Anyway, if there was a way I could reduce the suffering she had I'd do it myself, if there was no way for me to reduce the suffering, I had to do it exactly the same as the other fella who's going to do it, then I wouldn't.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:51 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dean wrote:

Anyway, if there was a way I could reduce the suffering she had I'd do it myself, if there was no way for me to reduce the suffering, I had to do it exactly the same as the other fella who's going to do it, then I wouldn't.

So you would murder a little girl?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 am

Depends on circumstances really doesn't it? Choice between murdering her by blowing her head off with a shotgun and watching someone else torture her to death then yes. I imagine there are possible circumstances where I would do just about anything.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 am

10 dogs with no hesitation, Yes its cruel and I hate people who commit animal cruelty, That other thread knocked me sick!

But at the end of the day no matter how you put it Human life > Animal life, If I killed a human being then think about how many more lives would be destroyed because of that compared to a little girl having a cry for an hour over her dog.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 am

There's a difference between watching a human be tortured and causing it, if the human was going to be tortured anyway, I'd rather observe one wrong than commit ten.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

Observar ... Você faz parecer tão casual Juan Laughing
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Roloman4 wrote:There's a difference between watching a human be tortured and causing it, if the human was going to be tortured anyway, I'd rather observe one wrong than commit ten.

This.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 pm

There's fuck all difference. A person's still getting tortured.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm apathetic towards animals. I'd shoot the 10 dogs. Even if I didn't know the human I would feel trepidant seeing them get tortured (unless they deserved it).
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I've had several pets, and I was gutted when they died, it didn't make me lose all my brains though.

In your 'disagreement' thread wasn't one of the reasons for disagreeing "you must be an idiot". Weren't you trying to condemn that type of response?

Isn't that exactly what you're saying with this post? Anyone who doesn't agree with you must have lost their brain?

I would like this gross hypocrisy addressed.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 pm

what a fucking stupid question, the answer is neither....and when would I ever be in that situation?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 pm

RR, stop been a nobhead.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 pm

polska. wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    polska. wrote:You are avoiding the topic RR. Considering we have connections to humans, how does lacking connections to animals make you less biased when answering the poll?
    Nice RR. When I play your game against you, you hide. Hide

Fuck you, I'm a busy man.

Humans have more distinct personalities than animals, when you're envisaging this scenario you'll be thinking of some random person, and a load of dogs. The random person, you know has a different personality to anyone you know, because humans have such varied personalities, so you'll have no attachment to it. The dogs on the other hand, we imprint all sorts of characteristics onto them, such as loyalty and 'innocence', if you've been very close to dogs, and they'll all appeared to be very nice to you (very likely if you feed them) you're going to imprint similar characteristics into the ones you should shoot.

If you've never had a dog you can evaluate them objectively, as simple beasts.
    Do you have evidence to back this up? Huh

Well, I think the fact that you're able to feel emotion towards the dogs kind of proves that..

Also, 10 animals every time, it's human nature to save another human from pain. Unless you're a cold hearted bastard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Assuming the dogs had owners then I would watch a human get tortured.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Dean wrote:

I think "strange scenarios" was the realm we entered right from the opening post.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I love how many of you are saying "...if the person deserves to be tortured." So we've accepted that there are situations in which a human deserves to be tortured.

Didn't know we had so many medieval sadists on the forum. Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 668388
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I've had several pets, and I was gutted when they died, it didn't make me lose all my brains though.

In your 'disagreement' thread wasn't one of the reasons for disagreeing "you must be an idiot". Weren't you trying to condemn that type of response?

Isn't that exactly what you're saying with this post? Anyone who doesn't agree with you must have lost their brain?

I would like this gross hypocrisy addressed.

Sometimes it's justified.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

El_indian wrote:what a fucking stupid question, the answer is neither....and when would I ever be in that situation?

"Neither" is not an option. You have to choose. This could happen to you someday. You need to be prepared. eek
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

shoot 10 dogs then cheers
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am

Easy choice, right? Especially if we get to torture the dogs a little bit before hand. Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 am

Shoot 10 dogs. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 am

depends what kind of human, if it was osama or saddam hussein i would say, torture him
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:34 am

10 dogs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 am

Not even gonna answer that. Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:37 am

10 dogs
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:I love how many of you are saying "...if the person deserves to be tortured." So we've accepted that there are situations in which a human deserves to be tortured.

Didn't know we had so many medieval sadists on the forum. Shoot 10 dogs or watch a human get tortured? - Page 3 668388

if it was Hitler Suspect

or a jew

(i kid i kid shifty )

Last edited by NZG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 pm

What's there to kid about?

Mischief

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:25 pm