Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 am

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t2750p60-egypt-25-jan-2011-protests

‘We know that Netanyahu cannot sleep now’

By BEN HARTMAN
    02/02/2011 13:37

Protesters tell 'The Jerusalem Post' they don't feel Egypt is completely free of Israeli occupation, "Camp David made us a slave."

“After Camp David, all the Arab world sees that we are no longer a leader. Camp David made us a slave”

Like many at Tahir square on Tuesday night, 26-year-old Mohammed Salama of Cairo spoke of an eagerness for Egypt to shelve its nearly three decade old peace agreement with Israel, but insisted he does not want the country to go to war with Israel. In his hands he held a sign reading in Arabic “Netanyahu is worried about Mubarak”, which he said he wrote because “this is my country and my leader, I don’t want him to care about Israel, only about my country.”

Salama spoke moments after Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak gave a nationwide speech vowing to hold new elections in six months in which he would not run. Like all of those spoken to by The Jerusalem Post after the speech, Salama said he didn’t feel the speech represented a victory for the movement, only a new ploy by Mubarak to stall and stay in power. Salama and all others spoken to by the Post vowed that they would stay in the square as long as it takes until Mubarak leaves and that the revolution is far from over.

Salama’s friend, Hazan Ahmed, 29, said the years of peace with Israel are tinged with the sting of humiliation, and that Egyptians still feel they’re country is not completely free of the Israeli occupation of the Sinai which ended under Camp David.

“The Egyptian army can’t enter Sinai, we feel that it is still Israel. There are Israeli people there all the time, but when we go, we have to stop at checkpoints and we get turned back. We don’t feel that Sinai is Egyptian.”

Ahmed said he didn’t want Egypt’s peace treaty with Israel completely demolished, but for it to undergo a serious change.

“It should be remodeled. With Mubarak leaving, we know that whoever comes next will remodel the agreement.”

When asked about the fact that Israel and Egypt have not gone to war since the agreement was signed, Ahmed, an unemployed medical school graduate said “yes, we have peace, but we have no dignity.”

Cairene Mohammed Gadi, a 33-year-old sales manager, walked around Tahrir square Tuesday holding a placard of Mubarak with a star of David drawn on his forehead. When asked about the sign, he said he wrote it because “we don’t want to take our orders from Israel anymore. We will keep the peace, but we won’t let Israel or any other country tell us what to do anymore. We don’t need to take orders from the world.”

Abdel Aziz, 27, from Mubarak’s hometown of Kfar El-Meselha, held a sign Tuesday saying “Bollocks to you Mubarak, it’s all over”. When asked about Israel, Aziz said “this is not about Israel, this is about our country first, we don’t care about other countries. This is not why we are doing this.”

Ahmad Ragab, 42, spoke more vehemently towards Israel saying “look, all Egyptian people hate Israel, only Sadat wanted Camp David. We know that Israel will be mad about what is happening here, and we know that Netanyahu can’t sleep now. We know that with the change here, there won’t be peace with Israel. There won’t be a war, but I don’t think there will be an Israeli embassy in Egypt any more, we will have only the most minimal relations.”

Ragab, who studied Chinese and works in Egypt-China business relations, said “we know the revolution will change this and that’s that, we see every day what Israel is doing with the Palestinians.”

At the same time, like all others asked by the Jerusalem Post after Mubarak’s speech about the revolution’s meaning for Israel-Egypt relations, Ragab said the issue was not at all at the heart of the January 25th upheaval.

“People in Egypt have no work, no future, 90% of Egyptian people see they have no future. They are tired.” Mohammed Salama issued a similar remark, saying “I work 20 hours a day in security for 300 Egyptian pounds a month, I feel terrible doing this. I studied law, I am a poet and a writer too, but I have no options and I can’t get married. I have a good education, I deserve a good chance to prove I can be somebody.”

As much as resentment towards Israel or the US, or the violence by Mubarak’s security services and the state police are mentioned by the protesters, their movement appears to be much more driven by exhaustion at a future that promises nothing to a largely destitute citizenry that doesn’t feel they have the ability to support themselves or their families. Among young people especially, the issue of not having a future in the country where they grew up stokes their fury, and drives them to seek the answers in democracy. When asked how democracy will bring prosperity to a country where nearly half the populace lives on less than $2/day, most protesters seemed at a loss for a definitive answer, but all expressed absolute certainty that the removal of Mubarak and his, in their view cleptocratic regime, will surely bring them a greater chance at prosperity.

For Ahmed Khater, a 26-year-old Cairene sitting in the square with the words “Mubarak get the hell out” written on his forehead, the promise of a better future has never been clearer.

“I have a bachelors degree and I get paid 500 pounds a month to be a computer technician. I can’t get married, I have no future. Mubarak’s people, they just steal our money, they keep everything for themselves and they forget that we are the owners of the country.”

“We were sleeping until now, but we are awake,” Khater added.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Lux Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 am

Thinking about going on holiday to Egypt eek2

The places around the Red Sea aren't affected by the riots and holiday companies are offering big discounts to keep people interested.

Problem is me and my mates want a typical lads holiday and Egypt probably isn't great for that......so we might go Ayia Napa instead.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Today 3 people were killed and over 1500 injured as "pro-Mubarak protesters" (which were mostly paid by the government and included plain clothed police) attacked peaceful anti-Mubarak protesters with weapons, horses, camels, and petro-bombs supplied by the Dictator and his government. What did the army do? Just sat and watched because they were not being given any orders. What did the international community do? Condemned the violent acts for the millionth time without taking action (financially or physically). Now, the "pro-Mubarak protesters" are preparing a bloodshed to finish off the remaining anti-Mubarak protesters that are stuck in Tahrir Square. They have set up barricades at every alley, gathered stones, covered their faces, and destroyed the street lights at Tahrir Square to hide their upcoming actions. What will the army and the international community do now?

Pro-Mubarak Protesters

Who are these pro-Mubarak protesters? Are there Egyptians that actually want Mubarak to stay? Where were these protesters for the past 7 days? Why did they start appearing on the streets now?

To answer the second question, there are people who want Mubarak to stay. It's not because they think highly of his rule necessarily. These are people who are deluded by State TV over the past week, want their lives to go back to normal, think they have acheived enough, and are scared of what will happen if Mubarak leaves now. These are all understandable concerns not just for Egyptians, but people affected by this revolution.

The majority of these "pro-Mubarak protesters" are not likely classified as normal Egyptians with normal concerns however. Reports soon after the clashes claimed a lot of these so called protesters, were actually citizens bribed by the government and ruling party, the DNP. Others included plain clothed police officers, the same people seen beating protesters last week, looting, and setting fire to buildings.

But how true are these reports? Is there any evidence to prove that these "protesters" are actually bribed citizens or police officers?

Police? Just look at the following picture of police IDs being confiscated from some of these "protesters"
    http://blogs.aljazeera.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/blogpostFeaturedImage/images/680policeid.jpg

Government Backed? What normal protesters charge at a group of thousands with HORSES, CAMELS, and WEAPONS?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwKqmDmuDs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dE_fBhyAAk

Several arrested pro-Mubarak protesters have admited to being paid 100 Egyptian pounds to take part and others were forced to go by their companies. One of these injured protesters was quoted as saying "this wasn't worth the 100 pounds they gave me"!

These "protesters" are not only attacking their own people, they are attacking journalists. Several foreign reporters and journalists have been beaten up by this crazy mob including CNN's Anderson Cooper, who was punched in the face 10 times. The "protesters" have also used petro-bombs and other objects, hurling them at others from the top of buildings and at even throwing them at the Egyptian National Musuem.

Now the big question is where were these protesters before? It took them 8 days for them to come on the streets. Hmmm, I wonder why. Mubarak is clearly clinging onto power with all he has left as he slowly slips away.

On an ironic note, Al Jazeera was showing a pro-Mubarak protester getting read to throw a petro-bomb at the anti-Mubarak protesters, but it falls and the man catches on fire. Later, a few anti-Mubarak protesters run to save him. Neutral

Action

Where is the Egyptian army? They are standing still at Tahrir Square and watching all this happen. They claim they haven't been given orders to do anything. Although that might be true, you have to realize the person at the top giving orders is Mubarak himself! Of course he isn't going to give any orders. The army needs to do its role by protecting the people and then turning around and kick Mubarak out! This dictator is committing crimes against his own people and starting a civil war just so he can stay in power for 8 months. This guy has lost his mind!!

On top of all that, the Egyptian State TV has a video of an arrested anti-Mubarak protester confessing on TV that she was trained by Israeli and American forces to start this revolution. She, along with other youth, was apparently paid $50,000 to perform the uprising. Not only that, BS can be smelled a mile away as she continues her story. After Mubarak's speech yesterday, she apparently broke in tears and realized she was betraying Mubarak and described him as a "father". The sad part? Some people who are watching this actually believe it. Now not only is the Mubarak regime opressing opposition, they are spreading anti-Israel and anti-American hatred among the deluded Egyptian population.

Conclusion

With more violence and a standoff getting ready to kickoff soon, what will happen in Egypt? Is this the end of the revolution? Will this take an unexpected twist and turn into a civil war? Will the international community just reapeat the same "no to violence" statements that we have heard too many times? Because it's obvious Mubarak is not listening to them. Will the army finally do their job by protecting the people? Your own people are being killed and injured in front of your eyes. Screw the government, you don't need their orders. It looks like the army could finanlly take action without order as a few army soldiers have been caught on camera crying as they watched this happen in front of their eyes and they can't do anything about it.

If these remaining anti-Mubarak protesters get defeated by these thugs today, consider this the end of the revolution and aspirations of 80 million Egyptians. Just when the future seemed hopeful, Mubarak and his regime could prove he is a smart and effective dictator. There is also the possibility of a civil war going starting, especially if the army splits up in two camps (one defending the people, the other defending the regime). All we can do is watch and pray.

To follow the upcoming events watch a live stream here: http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/
    Or a live blog feed: http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/02/02/live-blog-feb-3-egypt-protests
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 pm

If Egypt causes WWIII, fuck you Ahly. Neutral

nah won't happen. shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

So, is this an accurate depiction of the current situation in Egypt?

Gun 2
    Gun 2Mob
    Gun 2

I'm sorry. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:So, is this an accurate depiction of the current situation in Egypt?

Gun 2
    Gun 2Mob
    Gun 2

I'm sorry. Sad

It's pretty accurate though. You have no idea how depressed I am. I make Rolo look like the happiest man in the world.

I'm very close to saying this revolution is over. If it does, I'm going to be pissed at the traitors in the street who took the bribes and fought their own people. I'm also not going to step foot on Egyptian soil ever again, unless a true democratic nation is in place.

Seriously, if this revolution is over without success, I don't care if Mubarak goes back on his promises and rules for another 30 years if possible. I would basically shun the country. I've already shunned one of my cousins who said and tried to spread on Facebook to stop the protests.

I'm listening to the protesters in Tahrir Square right now on the phone with Al Jazeera. They are crying, sad, afraid, and feel betrayed by everyone. I can feel their pain.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Can somebody explain to me quickly in just one paragraph what is going on and why in Egypt?

I have not followed this at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Can somebody explain to me quickly in just one paragraph what is going on and why in Egypt?

I'd like to, but not now. I'm too depressed. Feel like crying.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I can understand, but I just can't relate. I really don't think there's any way I could feel the same pain as you unfortunately (or fortunately). Sad

I just hope nothing really terrible happens and that everything is solved for the best Inshallah. Sad pray
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Can somebody explain to me quickly in just one paragraph what is going on and why in Egypt?

Think French/American/European Revolutions. That might give you a (very) rough idea as to what is happening. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 pm

The same thing that always happens when an authoritarian overstays lies too much, overstays his welcome and the people finally get fed up. They get together to kick him out. But yesterday was an unfortunate turn of events. It went from a peaceful, inspirational protest to an ugly civil conflict.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:So, is this an accurate depiction of the current situation in Egypt?

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 771305
    2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 7713052011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 583302
    2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 771305

I'm sorry. Sad

There's more rock throwing going on than gun firing. A little molotov cocktail hurling as well. It's nasty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 am

Police truck runs toward a crowd of peaceful protesters at high speed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK_t-3vpzJM
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 am

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 Egypt-image-2-770731601

Unleash the Camel cavalry eek2

But really they/the horse riders failed badly as they just got swarmed and chucked off, beaten to shit etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:51 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 am

I know it's bad but the first thing that came into my head when it said they were protecting the Muslims praying was....

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 Article-0-0D081609000005DC-439_634x470

From what?.....anal rape? Neutral.

But really.....who would attack in prayer time? If it's prayer time they're all supposed to be praying so there's no one in a position to attack shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I know it's bad but the first thing that came into my head when it said they were protecting the Muslims praying was....

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 4 Article-0-0D081609000005DC-439_634x470

But really.....who would attack in prayer time? If it's prayer time they're all supposed to be praying so there's no one in a position to attack shifty

They are protecting them because a few days ago Egyptian riot police were attacking the Muslims while praying. They sprayed them with water cannons while they were praying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWWFi5LiAQ

And the Muslims protected the churches while the Christians were praying.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I know it's bad but the first thing that came into my head when it said they were protecting the Muslims praying was....

Not everyone's a Muslim, and it's possible some of the Muslims aren't praying with the congregation.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 am

ahlycotc wrote:They are protecting them because a few days ago Egyptian riot police were attacking the Muslims while praying. They sprayed them with water cannons while they were praying.

To be fair they were heading into the police knowing full well that the police would try and stop them.

Ok so they prayed...but it's not like they were just minding their own business....it's like Christmas time during WW2. Some forgot the fight because something meant more for that moment......and some fought on. If you want to take time out of a protest to pray then you shouldn't do it right in front of the police around protesters. Whether they actually believed the police would stop to let them pray (naive/hopeful) or were trying to give the police and Mubarak some negative publicity.........you've pinned a lot of negative stuff on Mubarak yourself and in the end it's highly unlikely that anti-Mubarak protesters are all above stuff like this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:They are protecting them because a few days ago Egyptian riot police were attacking the Muslims while praying. They sprayed them with water cannons while they were praying.

To be fair they were heading into the police knowing full well that the police would try and stop them.

Ok so they prayed...but it's not like they were just minding their own business....it's like Christmas time during WW2. Some forgot the fight because something meant more for that moment......and some fought on. If you want to take time out of a protest to pray then you shouldn't do it right in front of the police around protesters. Whether they actually believed the police would stop to let them pray (naive/hopeful) or were trying to give the police and Mubarak some negative publicity.........you've pinned a lot of negative stuff on Mubarak yourself and in the end it's highly unlikely that anti-Mubarak protesters are all above stuff like this.

The time came for prayers. Earlier in the day, the protesters stop protesting and asked the police to give them time to pray. The police obliged. But for the next prayer, they didn't. You don't understand the culture and religious connotations. Do I expect the police to stop spraying water cannons and tear gas while the protesters pray? Yes. It might seem naive to you, but it's seems the logical and right thing to do to an Arab or Muslim.

Anyways, I can't help but notice you try to find some fault or criticism about everything slightly religious I post. My intention with the first post was to show the harmony between Egyptians (whether they were Christians or Muslims) and this revolution isn't about religion or politics. My next post was to answer your question about what harm there was when praying.

Lastly, of course I pin a lot of negative stuff on Mubarak. Who wouldn't that has lived and seen his regime?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

Lastly, of course I pin a lot of negative stuff on Mubarak. Who wouldn't that has lived and seen his regime?

Some of the older folks, who remember what it was like when Mubarak came to power. There are about 15 Egyptians in my office and they are all Mubarak supporters, except for one, a guy who is about 26 or 27. This does seem to be a revolt that is driven mostly by younger people. But that's usually how it goes.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:10 pm

He used to be a good leader but he got greedy and became israel's bitch.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:42 am

This protests reminds me an awful lot like the stories my dad told me about the anti-communist protests in Poland in the 80's.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw-ig55EGMM

car running over like 20 people.. Digusting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 am

Apparently some shit is starting in Syria as well. cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:43 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Some of the older folks, who remember what it was like when Mubarak came to power. There are about 15 Egyptians in my office and they are all Mubarak supporters, except for one, a guy who is about 26 or 27. This does seem to be a revolt that is driven mostly by younger people. But that's usually how it goes.

Probably because those older Egyptians lived under a worse dictator, Sadat. Mubarak is an improvement on Sadat, but not a good leader by any stretch of the imagination. Plus, the youth have suffered more than the older people under Mubarak. They are also more active and get involved in dissent against the government.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:39 am

the worry is, what will true democracy mean for Egypt, North Africa & the Middle East? democracy is the greatest thing in the World provided the right people are entrusted the power. Who will Egypt elect? if one of the biggest reasons for revolt is Mubarek's percieved relationship with Israel, then what exactly will be on the agenda of any potential future leader? to my mind politicians tell people what they want to hear to gain power and in some cases they follow it through in order to retain it.

this isn't meant as an antagonistic post. i wouldn't be so insensitive at a time like this! i genuinely feel for you Ahly. even though i have never met them, i too have family in Egypt, watching some of the scenes is surprisingly difficult.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 am

ahlycotc wrote:The time came for prayers. Earlier in the day, the protesters stop protesting and asked the police to give them time to pray. The police obliged. But for the next prayer, they didn't. You don't understand the culture and religious connotations. Do I expect the police to stop spraying water cannons and tear gas while the protesters pray? Yes. It might seem naive to you, but it's seems the logical and right thing to do to an Arab or Muslim.

Like I said......not everyone was praying and that's clear from the video....if you wanted to pray then get off the "front line" back from the bridge etc and do it there.....then you wouldn't get water cannoned. If the police stopped then others would've taken advantage of that and attacked the police.

ahlycotc wrote:
    Anyways, I can't help but notice you try to find some fault or criticism about everything slightly religious I post. My intention with the first post was to show the harmony between Egyptians (whether they were Christians or Muslims) and this revolution isn't about religion or politics. My next post was to answer your question about what harm there was when praying.

Because otherwise this thread is one sided. I'm being the Devil's Advocate and keeping this from being a biased one way discussion. It's a fact that the protesters are not perfect and Mubarak is not 100% evil.....but when you post it seems that way so I'm trying to give a different view......

If you just want to have a one way thread with everyone listening/ 1+ing you then just say.........

ahlycotc wrote:

Well you're an American born and bred are you not? You've been to Egypt, true......but you and many Muslims/Egyptians I know are acting like you know everything when considering that there's so much conspiracies, secrets and confusion.....it's impossible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:58 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:The time came for prayers. Earlier in the day, the protesters stop protesting and asked the police to give them time to pray. The police obliged. But for the next prayer, they didn't. You don't understand the culture and religious connotations. Do I expect the police to stop spraying water cannons and tear gas while the protesters pray? Yes. It might seem naive to you, but it's seems the logical and right thing to do to an Arab or Muslim.

Like I said......not everyone was praying and that's clear from the video....if you wanted to pray then get off the "front line" back from the bridge etc and do it there.....then you wouldn't get water cannoned. If the police stopped then others would've taken advantage of that and attacked the police.

The protesters wouldn't have attacked the police during prayer (even the ones not praying). How do I know? Because it didn't happen earlier in the day when ALL protesters stopped for a few minutes as some prayed. The police also stopped attacking the protesters. But later in the day, the police refused to stop the water cannon at the people praying.

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Lastly, of course I pin a lot of negative stuff on Mubarak. Who wouldn't that has lived and seen his regime?

Well you're an American born and bred are you not? You've been to Egypt, true......but you and many Muslims/Egyptians I know are acting like you know everything when considering that there's so much conspiracies, secrets and confusion.....it's impossible.

No, I was born in Egypt, lived there for a few years and I visit Egypt 2 months each year. And it's not really a vacation either. I don't spend most of the time in resorts. Last summer, I even worked there for 2 months.

More importantly, I hear what my family, friends, and strangers say about life in Egypt. I have a dear friend who was living in the USA and had to move back to Egypt.

I don't claim to know everything, but I consider myself very knowledgeable about life in Egypt and my parents lived most of their lives there. Like I said, it might be confusing to you, but don't assume everyone is like you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:07 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Anyways, I can't help but notice you try to find some fault or criticism about everything slightly religious I post. My intention with the first post was to show the harmony between Egyptians (whether they were Christians or Muslims) and this revolution isn't about religion or politics. My next post was to answer your question about what harm there was when praying.

Because otherwise this thread is one sided. I'm being the Devil's Advocate and keeping this from being a biased one way discussion. It's a fact that the protesters are not perfect and Mubarak is not 100% evil.....but when you post it seems that way so I'm trying to give a different view......

If you just want to have a one way thread with everyone listening/ 1+ing you then just say.........

No, Mubarak isn't 100% evil. I already said he was an improvement on Sadat, but you must not have read that part. Under Mubarak, Egypt (as a nation) became more financially powerful. But the evil he has done far outweighs the good he has done for his people (not the elite businessmen and politicians).

If you notice, this thread isn't designed to debate the good and bad of Mubarak's regime over the 30 years. This is a current events thread and emotions are running. Maybe after this revolution is over, you have a point to look back at the good and bad. And I'm interested in hearing what you think he has done good over the past week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:42 am