Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 12 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:35 am

The christian community is too large to be openly oppressed. As far as I would concern, this is just the results of the power vacuum resulting from the revolution. Things will calm down eventually.
    Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 12 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:39 am

It's kind of getting ridiculous at how everyone protests when they are unhappy these days. They think they can get whatever they want if they sit in the streets and maybe cause some trouble while they are at it.

It also doesn't help that there are no police in the streets because they are scared shitless.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 am

Well I hope the military stands up and actually does what it says and cracks down on the violent offenders, not the Christians who are being attacked.

This is just another reason to delay elections, as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 am

Officials from Ennahdha, Tunisia's newly elected moderate Islamist party, have announced the intention to form a coalition government within the next 10 days.

The party's leader, Rachid Ghannouchi, said his party would honour an undertaking to finish writing a new constitution within one year, saying: "This government will look to establish common grounds through providing a government plan proposal for a year."

In Sunday's national election, Ennahdha won 41.5 per cent of the votes and took 90 seats in the assembly that will rewrite the constitution and appoint a president and a caretaker government.

The party was banned under Zine el Abidine Ben Ali's regime and registered as a political party in March.

After election results were announced on Thursday, hundreds of people marched on the Sidi Bouzid headquarters of Ennahdha, burning tyres and pelting security forces with stones.

Tunisian security forces reportedly responded by firing into the air to try to disperse the angry crowd, witnesses say.

Protests spread to nearby Menzel Bouzayane where more than 1,000 people demonstrated, union official Mohamed Fadhel said. In Meknassy, 50km from Sidi Bouzid, demonstrators set fire to Ennahdha's party office, Fadhel said.

The Ennahdha party leader accused forces linked to the country's ousted president of fanning the violence, and called for "calm and the preservation of public property".
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Egypt hasn't seen violence like this since the days of Mubarak. Thousands of protesters camped in Tahrir Square to protest the military rule 8 days before the parliamentary elections. The Army and the police decided to clear out the Square and in the process killed a dozen people, injured over 1000, and arrested several people. Here is why they are protesting...

1) The Army passed a law that would make their budget a secret from the new civilian government and President. This is fucking stupid because the Army shouldn't be hiding anything from the government. facepalm

2) The Army has the ultimate decision on whether to engage in war. So the President or the government can't take that decision. facepalm

3) The Army gets to choose 80% of the people who will make the new constitution. And if they don't like how the constitution turns out, they can cancel it. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 pm

So what does this mean for Egypt?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Elections are still to take place in 8 days, but things don't look good. I think the Army should step down from power; they are making matters worse and no better than Mubarak. The only problem is that elections will last from this month to March of next year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Assholes Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

The comments on this page explain why people associate FOX News with idiots and racists...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/11/20/police-protesters-clash-in-cairo/#comment

Blaming Obama? Blaming the Muslim Brotherhood? rofl
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I can reply to your comment with more intelligence than you displayed without even reading the article or seeing the comments you are speaking of.

Yes, there are a lot of morons that are easily and rightfully associated with FOX news. Just like there are moron fans for every soccer team, there are moron "fans" for every news channel or whatever, for instance, most of the people like you that blindly swallow liberal garbage.

Speaking of the Middle East or Africa...yeah that Egyptian revolution is going just swimmingly isn't it? Yeah, nobody could see that extremist dirty muslims would take control, what a turn of events.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:I can reply to your comment with more intelligence than you displayed without even reading the article or seeing the comments you are speaking of.

Yes, there are a lot of morons that are easily and rightfully associated with FOX news. Just like there are moron fans for every soccer team, there are moron "fans" for every news channel or whatever, for instance, most of the people like you that blindly swallow liberal garbage.

Speaking of the Middle East or Africa...yeah that Egyptian revolution is going just swimmingly isn't it? Yeah, nobody could see that extremist dirty muslims would take control, what a turn of events.

In fact I did read the article, that's how I got to the comments page. The article had nothing to do with Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood. Yet you see retards spewing shit. All I'm saying is that those comments are helping with the image of FOX News and it's followers. I never said that everyone that follows FOX is retarded or racist.

Again, you associate me with liberal media for some reason. If anything, I'm conservative.

Funny enough, you are repeating the same bullshit from the comments page. Muslims aren't in control of the country right now. Yet there is oppression, violence, and lack of freedoms. Yet this is the Muslims faults? And you don't know shit about the Muslim Brotherhood, so how could you call them extremists? If anything, they are the most liberal Muslim political party in Egypt.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:43 am

A bunch of backwards ass goat shaggers tried to protest the other day here is sunny Q8.

What a bunch of dumbasses, they get paid so much money for sitting on their asses all day and they still have the nerve to protest. I know our PM is just as lazy as them but he hasn't harmed anyone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 am

Clashes continued today as more protesters were killed and injured. An emergency meeting is being held by the government to discuss the current events.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm

The Army "apologized" for the deaths after 6 days of clashes. Elections are still to take place on Monday, but I think it's going to be delayed. The protesters are now clearly asking for SCAF (the Supreme Council of Armed Forces) to step down from power. Changing the transition government was not enough to please the protesters. Another million-man-march is planned for today.

The SCAF is acting just like Mubarak's government. They kill protesters, apologize after a week, and then continue violence. I think this is all a plan from the SCAF to delay elections. Those greedy fuckers want to stay in power.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Voting is taking place in Egypt today. Already several reports of illegal activity. Several parties are doing last minute campaigning at the poll lines which is not allowed. Also, some poll stations are not forcing voters to register their fingerprints which means a person can basically vote again at another station. facepalm

Let's just get rid of the Army already. This voting is useless even if it was done correctly. The military still has way more power than the government that would be formed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 am

It has been reported that 21 tons of tear gas have been shipped from the United States to Egypt in one week. Some employees in customs enforcement refused to process the shipment, and they were detained for interrogation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 am

Egyptian voting results to be released on Friday. It was supposed to be released today, but it got delayed.

The Freedom and Justice Party is claiming they got 40% of the votes. I'm not sure how anyone can make an estimate, but whatever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 am

What about Salafist?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 am

polska. wrote:What about Salafist?

I heard 24%.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 am

Ok, and the Brotherhood?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

polska. wrote:Ok, and the Brotherhood?

Suspect The Brotherhood are the Freedom and Justice Party.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 am

The Freedom and Justice Party consists of members of the Brotherhood. There is no party called the Muslim Brotherhood. There is another more liberal party consisting of former Brotherhood members, but I forgot their name and I'm not sue how they did.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 am

Ahly, what is your view on the brotherhood?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:45 am

NZG wrote:Ahly, what is your view on the brotherhood?

I prefer them over the Salafists, but I have my doubts about them. My doubts aren't about the religious context though, it's about their connection with the Army and they seem to care more about power than the revolution.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:49 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:

Ok, that makes sense considering I haven't heard of the latter.

Better the Brotherhood than the Salafists whom to my understanding are Islamists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

polska. wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

Ok, that makes sense considering I haven't heard of the latter.

Better the Brotherhood than the Salafists whom to my understanding are Islamists.

They are both Islamic, but the Salafists want Sharia law while the Brotherhood are indifferent to it.

Even if the Salafists were to take power, I doubt Sharia law would be implemented in Egypt (at least the type seen in Saudi Arabia). The people will probably oppose such a constitution.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:27 am

Football stars share their political affiliations...

http://beta.filgoal.com/English/News.aspx?NewsID=84243
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 am

Hilarious to see Mido of all people as the only one with a brain.

Not surprising though when you think about it. IIRC he was born to super rich Egyptian family right? Probably got proper education as a child.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

polska. wrote:Hilarious to see Mido of all people as the only one with a brain.

Not surprising though when you think about it. IIRC he was born to super rich Egyptian family right? Probably got proper education as a child.

Just because he doesn't want to mix politics with religion doesn't mean he is the only smart one. Neutral I think it has to do more with his time in Europe.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 am

Should have known Polska would come up with that. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:32 am